What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

BC LONE WOLF

I knew\know of the panama canal but wasn't aware panama was part Columbia before that.

goes way back to La gran Colombia and Nueva Granada (ciudad de panama was the capital of Nueva Grenada).

Before these countries existed they were all Spanish conquest. Around 1800 La Gran Colombia was a block consisting of Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador. During its 30 ish years of existence the country was In the forefront of the liberation of the Americas from Spanish rule. Birthing new countries:
ecuador-bandera-25px.jpg
Ecuador
24/5/1822
panama-bandera-25px.jpg
Panamá
28/11/1821
venezuela-bandera-25px.jpg
Venezuela
5/7/1811
colombia-bandera-25px.jpg
Colombia
20/7/1810

bolivia-bandera-25px.jpg
Bolivia
6/8/1825

The story is very long but yes Panama and Colombia were one, at some point.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Pure Oaxacan, pearly pheno. This plant and it's identical twin started off very compact and stayed that way for several weeks in flower. But then they exploded. Buds are airy and sparse, but they smell unbelievable. Unknown how much they will fill out. I will report back soon with an update.

PXL_20240315_134449511.jpg
PXL_20240315_134534230.jpg
PXL_20240315_134509503.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
Kaiki/Charlie Garcia has given me the green light to work with Oaxaca 79. So, you can anticipate a variety of intriguing Oaxacan hybrids from ACE Seeds in the future, and hopefully, even an Oaxacan 79 IBL.

love to hear that in the end it all comes around :)
Mexicans are the only landrace missing in my vault, seeds just very hard to get in EU.
South Americans not as hard, thanks to ACE Seeds.

I remember CBG having some selection of lines like Oaxacan and Jarilla Sinaloa, and I still regret not pulling the trigger back then. An IBL would be great, I always wanted to experiment with crossing true Mexican x Columbian x Afghan, to try find the "Skunk" combination.

looking forward to it 👍

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've grown several Oaxacan 79 hybrids now. Several times I have had Cannabiogen Red Snake plants (O79 x Punto Rojo) which looked pretty much like this plant and had a very similar aroma as well. If you told me this was the mother of Red Snake I would totally believe it. In that case the Punto Rojo helped fill out the buds, but they were still usually on the small side. Always a stellar smoke though. If this Oaxacan is on a similar schedule to Red Snake I would estimate 13-14 weeks total flowering. Usually they will be chugging along and then suddenly begin to ripen, and then leaves are falling steadily. Early harvest or in harvesting in stages is usually the best approach.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
love to hear that in the end it all comes around :)
Mexicans are the only landrace missing in my vault, seeds just very hard to get in EU.
South Americans not as hard, thanks to ACE Seeds.

I remember CBG having some selection of lines like Oaxacan and Jarilla Sinaloa, and I still regret not pulling the trigger back then. An IBL would be great, I always wanted to experiment with crossing true Mexican x Columbian x Afghan, to try find the "Skunk" combination.

looking forward to it 👍
Wow, some O79 pure fems would be incredible! Also the Pineapple Punch 12 finger Oaxacan cross.

airplane

I knew\know of the panama canal but wasn't aware panama was part Columbia before that.
been their - went thru the Panama Canal when Ortage was in power - had 3 days their - it was a wild place and the jungle is put it this way - if you walked 10 feet in the jungle and closed your eye and did one circle (turn around) once you opened your eye's you would be lost not knowing what way to go - It's fucked so thick, ect there was much pot and cocaine around. You guys remember the "Oliver North" story US traded gun's for cocaine (cia story) which they distributed it to low income folks - that's how crack started

buzzmobile

Veteran
been their - went thru the Panama Canal when Ortage was in power - had 3 days their - it was a wild place and the jungle is put it this way - if you walked 10 feet in the jungle and closed your eye and did one circle (turn around) once you opened your eye's you would be lost not knowing what way to go - It's fucked so thick, ect there was much pot and cocaine around. You guys remember the "Oliver North" story US traded gun's for cocaine (cia story) which they distributed it to low income folks - that's how crack started
Colon on the east end in 1976 was not a good spot.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks! The KC cross is really warm and mellow. I've been enjoying it in the evenings lately and one or two hits is plenty for a pleasant high. The Malawi just came down a couple of weeks ago and needs a cure. It leaves me a bit tired and sleepy at the moment but you can feel that it will be devastating in larger amounts. Both of these are very sweet tasting smoke. :)

Dubi's Panama cross is wonderful as well. Really nice taste of roses on some flowers and the high is long lasting and superb. ;)

tjmccoy

Veteran
O79 x Malawi Gold. Spicy carrots and minty fuel! Thanks Musta! :)

079 x Kali China. Fruity and sweet terps. Very nice smoke and the whole plant went purple in the cool winter temps. Thanks Dubi! :)

View attachment 18974552 View attachment 18974554

Beautiful Mouth watering buds you got there and that sparse pheno is beautiful to look at! Seems like KC dominated that cross, I’m finding that in my KC x’s as well! Looking forward to seeing more Oaxaca!

Lugo

Veteran
That was in Nicaragua dude.

EnjoyingLife

Was this crack or freebase?
Crack takes ether and to my understanding it was made more difficult to obtain for this reason. Not saying the epidemic didn't take place first.
Freebase takes a cutting agent(typically baking soda), water and heat.