What's new

Oaxaca 79

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Bro that looks delicious! Was this a line offered to the public from Cannabiogen or something only circulating through private hands and friends of friends? Apologies if it is something that has already been answered, I haven't read the entire thread yet. Much love

Thanks. :)

Wasn't a public release, more a private thing.

Pretty happy with the one Plant i got from these Seeds, very nice bud structure. Allows the air to flow through the buds, good mold resistance with this kind of structure.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
After new moon and starting waxing and ascendant lunar phase, felt like it was time to sow that one so I can have a sexually mature clone well grown enough ready for next session along with other Oaxacan hybrids ;)

So, looks like a tricotyledonous mutant here, let's hope it is the only mutation she got :). Did you crack some on your end ?

attachment.php

As a friend of mine once said "if you don't ask you'll never know"... Something I never forgot and I sometime abuse of to be honest, so yeah, thank you very much once again for that gift :)

we just produced a few dozens of seeds of Oaxaca 79 x A5 Haze for our own use, could you imagine the outcome of this one ? :yummy:

Attachments

• Oaxaca79xA5_seedling.jpg
    Oaxaca79xA5_seedling.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 50

SolarLogos

So, i've harvested the Double Oaxaca'79 at Day 91 12/12. Since it was only one Plant i trimmed her wet. The blown up calyxes from the Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79S1 coming through pretty good i would say. All in all the buds have a better density as both of the parents on their own. It was a bit cold over the last days/weeks, so some calyxes have a slightly purple hue. :)

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Here is your 79 x 79 Oaxaca starting week 4 of flower. She smells like a pine cone/pine tar. Pine is so dominant, I'm not able to distinguish any other smells, maybe the bark/wood of a pine tree. I've had a few plants where pine was dominant, but I haven't found such pure pine smell in any other plant. It's a pity I haven't found a male with the same profile. This girl will deliver the goods, I'm pretty sure of it. Thank you brother, I really appreciate growing her.
She has been in a 1 gallon/4 liter pot and requires very little nutes and rarely gets fed. Today, she goes into a bigger pot with some amendments to hopefully get her to the finish line. She is already getting some sugar on the leaves.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great thread and impressive flowers. I have to admit, I don't understand why some of these strains are so tightly held, seems a bit selfish. But I'm sure there are reasons...probably worries that someone in the seed business will profit off others work. Still fun to see these cool results. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Here is your 79 x 79 Oaxaca starting week 4 of flower. She smells like a pine cone/pine tar. Pine is so dominant, I'm not able to distinguish any other smells, maybe the bark/wood of a pine tree. I've had a few plants where pine was dominant, but I haven't found such pure pine smell in any other plant. It's a pity I haven't found a male with the same profile. This girl will deliver the goods, I'm pretty sure of it. Thank you brother, I really appreciate growing her.
She has been in a 1 gallon/4 liter pot and requires very little nutes and rarely gets fed. Today, she goes into a bigger pot with some amendments to hopefully get her to the finish line. She is already getting some sugar on the leaves.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Looking very nice bro! For sure it looks and sounds like a Skull pheno, also the big internodial distance at the top looks a lot like the Skull male i've used. :)

Curious how she will look like in some Weeks.

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, love the look of the Oaxaca 79'. The people here are truly doing some amazing work with it. Wondering how one might get there hands on a few beans of these? I'm def interesting in growing this one out as soon as I could get my hands on it ;). Smoke reports have seem to been crazy good. I know when I grew the Purple Mexican that was Oaxaca leaning that was some my favorite smoke :bigeye:. Happy growing all.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984 :) Pleased to see the Oaxaca 23 x A5 Haze fem seedling coming to this world! I'm very excited about this one, best wishes with her! :yes:

Grover Sativa

Veteran
Hey Oaxaca Lovers,

Here are a few photos of my favourite Oaxaca '79 x Panama (F10)

They don't do her justice. She is huge and super sticky. The flowers are plump and perfect. The resin is like glue and she smells as good as it gets.

An absolutely superb pure sativa. She has yields like Super Silver Haze but with no Northern Lights or Skunk at all.

An astonishing physical specimen of marijuanahood..

I call her Chancha.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
here is a bottom bud that i harvested a week ago, it is now quite dry...

and her offspring - (Oaxaca '79 x Panama) x Old Timer's Haze (extremely early release, excellent structured and hardy male)

SolarLogos

Very nice Grover. How are the terps, any lemon? Ace's Panama has the most sublime lemon terpenes, often coming through in as candy lemon, translating into an incredible lemon incense. Always such a pleasure to smoke.
Thanks for posting.
Peace

MedBelgUsr

I've read most of this thread and I am curious to try ...

Are there any plans to recreate an Oaxaca 79 "revival" ?

( feminized would be even better, of course :yummy: )

Grover Sativa

Veteran
Very nice Grover. How are the terps, any lemon? Ace's Panama has the most sublime lemon terpenes, often coming through in as candy lemon, translating into an incredible lemon incense. Always such a pleasure to smoke.
Thanks for posting.
Peace

Yup. There’s lemon! Actually, Chancha is the most lemony of all the plants.. it is a sweet and slightly herby one. It is powerful and pungent. Top quality aromatics. Honestly, it doesn’t get better than that.

Grover Sativa

Veteran
I've read most of this thread and I am curious to try ...

Are there any plans to recreate an Oaxaca 79 "revival" ?

( feminized would be even better, of course :yummy: )

I am not much of a hoarder for genetics... spread the love and all that.
My Oaxaca seeds were a gift from a good man. Luis promised Cannabiogen he would not sell Oaxaca 79 hybrids and has been good to his word but I presume that CBG want to use it themselves so check them out in the near future, maybe?

MedBelgUsr

Oh but I'm not looking for hoarding, and buying seeds is totally fine & normal for me.

But the more the plant is grown, the more its genetic will survive.
And from a pure medical point of view, its effect on mood seems to be great for people suffering from ptsd and depression.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
She is weirdly special, I’ll tell you that much. I can’t really tell if she is going to be a trifoliate or if there are 2 apical buds fighting for dominance. It’s like a messy mess of tiny leaves between those cotyledons.
Hi BenoitV1984 :) Pleased to see the Oaxaca 23 x A5 Haze fem seedling coming to this world! I'm very excited about this one, best wishes with her! :yes:

noknees

See how fat this flower spike is?
View Image
peacock.gif

dang! nice work!

looks like HPS, anything else you'd care to share? pot size? organic?

again, awesome.

And from a pure medical point of view, its effect on mood seems to be great for people suffering from ptsd and depression.

this. "happy" isn't getting easier to come by.

i mean, happy + yield + great flavor, that's everything one could ask for. :yummy:

Grover Sativa

Veteran
View Image

dang! nice work!

looks like HPS, anything else you'd care to share? pot size? organic?

again, awesome.

this. "happy" isn't getting easier to come by.

i mean, happy + yield + great flavor, that's everything one could ask for. :yummy:

Thanks! That is kind of you! She is between a hps and a new led setup.. the photos look towards the hps but are from under the leds..
About 40lts of organic soil and fed with organic nutes. She was underfed and overfed early on and generally abused but just rocked on!
Like many sativas, early underfeeding causes her to take longer to start flowering.
I got about 60 seeds from the 2 bottom branches.
She has not been so quick as I thought she might be..
I found that about half the plants stretched at the top in the second half of flowering... not great for indoors.. but the other half didn’t, so all good!