What's new

Oaxaca 79

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Pineapple_Punch,

Your Oaxaca 79 S1 looks indeed healthy and vigorous, very nice branching and strong root system. To cross Oaxaca 79 S1 with a good and vigorous pure Oaxacan male from vermontman line sounds like a very interesting way to retain the mexican qualities we all love from these lines and to restore vigor.

Another interesting path would be to backcross Oaxaca x Panama back to the Oaxaca and then select the ones with the best and most Oaxaca 79 influence and traits, i'm sure the touch of Panama influence will help a lot to restore vigor, yield, flower density, resin production without distort the Oaxaca 79 lemony incensey terpenes and Central American psychoactivity and personality. Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell :)

Thanks a lot for posting your Oaxaca x Kali China in flower, i'm also very excited about this new F1, really beautiful thin leaved expression. Curious to learn about her aromas once they start to evolve.

Koondense

Veteran
Mmmm so many goodies in this thread :)

PP your s1 looks great, very healthy and surprisingly vigorous for the line.
I have two oaxacan hybrids at the moment, my beloved OaxPan and the new Oaxaca x Kali China, still in veg but she smells very interesting already. A pretty intense spicy herbal sweet mix coming from her, will follow her progress with much interest. Definitely will clone her, i like the vigor and branching a lot.
Very happy to see many oaxacan plants :)

Cheers

Kijell

Helloo,
she is starting to fill in and doing quite nice!
Some leaf tips burning at the top but I already stopped giving her extra nutrients.
Smell is really lemony, a loud bright fizzy lemon smell.
I have grown some lemon strains but this is already the most lemon I had.
Hope the smell kind of stays this way, but some weeks to go :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

Looks absolutely beautiful Kijell, and the lemon sounds delicious. I really need to try some Oaxaca some day. Hear nothing but good things about it. And it definitely makes some nice hybrids. The Oaxaca x panama looks really nice too.
Anyway, hope she finishes well. Can’t wait to see how she looks and smokes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is very sexy Kijell :D What a beauty.

Looks very sativa yet fast flowering (40 days of flowering approx in your latest update right ?), the resins are unmistakably from Kali China, really nice blend of traits.
Thanks a lot for the updates!

Kijell

Thank you MountainKush and dubi! :)
Yeah the Oaxaca seems like it is here to stay!
Oaxaca x Panama pictures looking great you are right. I think you would get some better yield with Panama.

Good guess dubi haha it was exactly Day 40 of flowering!
My other plants are 10 Week flowering plants and the Oaxaca is like one week behind, so at the moment I think it will be something like 11 Week flowering.
The lemon smell comes from kali china? I thought it is a Oaxacan trait?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell,

Yes, the lemony aromas in this cross comes from the Oaxacan.
No lemony terpene profiles in Kali China line.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Irotas,

No plans from our side to release commercially Oaxaca 79 or hybrids, but Cannabiogen has released a couple Oaxaca 79 hybrids that could be of your interest.

Kijell

Update time! 52 Days...
She is a real queen in my garden, still awesome lemon flavours with incense background now!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

deepwaterdude

Wow, what a nice plant. Hearing about the fizzy lemon got my attention right away. Seeing as how Koondense loves his oax/pan, I think I'll do a Panama based run indoor next; oax/pan and nev/pan, if that exists. I think it does;) It seems to make spear like buds, very attractive.

LostTribe

Premium user
Nice thread!

I have a handful of two different strains acquired by a close friend who lived in Puerto Escondido, state of Oaxaca for a few years. They were acquired early 2000's but were not always refrigerated so not sure they are still viable but I decided to try and germinate a couple. They are fat and white with grey mixed in. Remind me of seeds we got in budded non compressed packs that had pink/purple calyxes and blue/purple leaves and veins. It would be sweet if they pop.
Best
LT

Kijell

This is her at 62 days now, looks really cool!
Can not smell that much because of my hay fever right now, but still lemon incense flavour going on!
I think 2 more weeks to go and she should be finished then.
Very excited for my first mexican plant!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

elanius

Veteran
Looking great Kijell, love the bud structure !

Here is my Oax79xPanama 15 days flower, flowering very fast, I bet 70 days will be it for her.

picture.php

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I wouldn't count on 70 days. Mine is 75 and trichomes are nowhere near milky yet. I bet it's probably closer to 12 weeks.

elanius

Veteran
depends on pheno and flower period, I go 11/13 and based on the flower formation after just two weeks of flower, I doubt she will go longer. But we will see, she will get as much time as needed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell,

Sorry to hear about the fever, hopefully it's not the covid thing and you fully recover soon :huggg:

Thanks a lot for the update, i'm salivating looking at your pics :yummy: Like a lot the balance of traits from both parent lines of this cross, it's a very promising one!

Good luck with your Oaxaca x Panama elanius!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I dried some lower branches earlier this week and smoking some, damn that’s super tasty :). It will probably go full 12 weeks (which is starting today).

Thank you again mate for giving me the opportunity to grow this one, gotta love the friendly neighbourhood around here :). My friends are already salivating at the sight and smell of the lady still maturing :)

I’ll take some shoot later this weekend and update the diary, those colas are crazy terrifying (in a good way) :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts