What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oahu Daze............Episode 1

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
I hear Hawaii is as expensive as it ever was so I can see cutting back...but I too have heard of reduced hours can improve things :biggrin: I just havent tried it :dunno:

the 11/13 is suppose to be for genetics that are more towards the equator where they only get a slight variance in light periods naturally and the day/night periods are not as different as they are farther north and south. so they will have 11/13 or 13/11 and anywhere in between while somewhere like pnw can have 16 hour days and also 9ish hour days depending on the season. dj short talks about it when he is trying to show specific phenotypes and says that under different bloom light schedules, that genetics can show different traits if I recall correctly.

Thank you for the explanation ladyluckybean as it makes a lot of sense :tiphat:

BayBHuey

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I hear Hawaii is as expensive as it ever was so I can see cutting back...but I too have heard of reduced hours can improve things :biggrin: I just havent tried it :dunno:

Thank you for the explanation ladyluckybean as it makes a lot of sense :tiphat:

BayBHuey

Break out a tent an test it out. Only way to find out brotha. Or watch me lol, probably easiest.:tiphat:

Former Guest

you can veg on a 12/12 if you wake them up for an hour in the middle of the night. its called the gas lantern routine and commercial greenhouses use it for energy consumption costs. it works but there is debate on if it improves yields in flower. in veg it will induce flower a lot quicker so it does save time there and you can just do a simple 12/12 after that for good yields. the concept of veg in 12/12 is that you are supposed to keep them teeter tottering from bloom and it is supposed to give you good growth rates and take advantage of stretch without actually sending them into bloom. big debate on if it works on that theory but it does work for veg if you are trying to lower costs which is where the real savings are in my opinion due to the lower hours of light used.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
you can veg on a 12/12 if you wake them up for an hour in the middle of the night. its called the gas lantern routine and commercial greenhouses use it for energy consumption costs. it works but there is debate on if it improves yields in flower. in veg it will induce flower a lot quicker so it does save time there and you can just do a simple 12/12 after that for good yields. the concept of veg in 12/12 is that you are supposed to keep them teeter tottering from bloom and it is supposed to give you good growth rates and take advantage of stretch without actually sending them into bloom. big debate on if it works on that theory but it does work for veg if you are trying to lower costs which is where the real savings are in my opinion due to the lower hours of light used.

Read about that but don't wanna try an reinvent the wheel. Appreciate the advice though.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
To worried about it not workin to tell ya the truth. For sure gonna try it on a small tent later when i got the space an ability to test it out. Like ya said, gotta go with what ya know.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
The droopy plant started to get better this morning.
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55202&pictureid=1315180&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] Seems the ditching of epsom salt for the past few days might have done the trick.

So what do you think was going on here? A salt lockout? It looks like a calmag deficiency, but there should have been plenty of mag with the Epsom - so too much Epsom?

-----------------------------

Alright, time to flower! How long for the BW and how long do you suspect for the king?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
So what do you think was going on here? A salt lockout? It looks like a calmag deficiency, but there should have been plenty of mag with the Epsom - so too much Epsom?

-----------------------------

Alright, time to flower! How long for the BW and how long do you suspect for the king?

Probably too much epsom and salty coco that didn't flush out well. It was only happening on the hgl side an its more intense on that side an sped things up to show faster.

Gonna take the King 70, an the BW to 63-70.

Hot over there today? Lol

Eesh more humid than norm, but not to bad on the heat over here.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
hell yeas Artie she looks sooo perty !! glad she jumped back :tiphat:

Thanks T, they're starting their stretch as of yesterday.

Saw roots coming outta the Killer Queens right above the coco. Pulled them outta the dome to harden them up. Tried to take out some glue an gods gift an they went limp, so they went back in for another day or 2.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Vote for Tommy!

Vote for Tommy!

I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but Tommy Chong is on. Get your vote out tonight.

Attachments

• downloadfile-6.jpeg
    downloadfile-6.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 19

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
GG4

GG4

Just got done hardening off this GG4 tonight, pulled 2 more out the dome to see if they are ready too. Just needed one to root an harden off to make a mom outta. :woohoo:

:yay:

:party:

God's Gift tomorrow an Animal Cookies probably by Thursday or Friday.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
LOL nooo way buddy im in the Mitten :biggrin: couldn't imagine living out there I wouldn't be growing in that kind of saturated market don't get me wrong im glad for what the have donefor the industry but ill stay in my Midwest mitten :tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
LOL nooo way buddy im in the Mitten :biggrin: couldn't imagine living out there I wouldn't be growing in that kind of saturated market don't get me wrong im glad for what the have donefor the industry but ill stay in my Midwest mitten :tiphat:
Ahhh the Mitten. Nothing wrong with swimming with sharks, it makes ya a better swimmer hehe. It's in Mitten too, just gotta make the right friends on here.:biggrin: