What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYLD cheesehead autos

C

cheesey

ive just looked at the rest of the plants and sexed 5 more . theres still 2 what im not to sure about so i will look again tomorrow .

so out of 15 NYLD seeds i have 9 fems 2 not sure abouts and 4 males . 2 of the 4 males were runts and had no smell at all . the other 2 males are the same size (9" ish ) 1 has a lemony smell and the other is more diesely , will post some pics up tomorrow as the autos will have the tent to them selfs as my other plants are going to there new growroom ........

Zendo

You have completely misunderstood what I said Zendo.

Seeing as I regularly produce 40-50g plants in 2 litre pots of coco, 5 litres shouldn't be undersized, if autos need huge pots then that is a downside indeed.

I was clear about why I was testing these autos, you have missed the point altogether.

The female I had in a pot on it's own threw a couple of nanners and was culled yesterday.

Haven't misunderstood.

You are growing autos to test them to see if they are worth doing outside..

To do this, you are flowering them with a MH bulb, 3 per container in one gallon pots, in a 12/12 room and expecting 10g per plant. You also said 'growing autos indoors is stupid, pointless'

If I want to test a plants potential, I make it's environment 'ideal' as much as possible indoors..

I grow my autos in 5 gallon smart pots, with 2 600w hps, in a 20/4 or 18/6 room and give them the respect they deserve.

IMO, the less than ideal environment/care that they are getting will not only get you a poor yield, but will also give you poor flowers, and your end medicine will be less than ideal..Not something to make a decision on.

Seems like you'd be better off making your decision off of the grow journals of people in this thread, and the rest of the community..Easyryder, Dieselryder, and Sour 60 are all good strains. I've grown/smoked some of each, and potency was never a factor.

YMMV..good luck to you.

F

freefields

MH produces far better end product than HPS.

I run a perpetual grow, I'm not going to completely disrupt my cycle just to accomodate some autos.

When I said I expect 10g per plant, that is based on how large the plants have gotten so far.

I did Dieselryder, potency was lacking, all the other autos I've done lacked potency, I just wanted to see if this NYLD was more potent, yield being irrelevant. Potency will not be affected by being in smaller pots, if you think so, you're crazy.

Next to the 3 remaining NYLDs is an unknown indica flowered 12/12 from seed that is the same age, it has 3x the floral development at this stage (40 days). You might think it's invalid to evaluate a strain in 'less than ideal' conditions but I don't, largely because I have a dozen other plants in there to compare the end result to.

C

cheesey

update its day 18 today .

out of 15 seeds i got 1 runt what was binned .
4 males and 10 fems .

heres a pic of 10 fems and 2 males

Scrogerman

Veteran
LOL, who said that auto indoor was pointless, Clueless is a word that springs to mind, now cheesy there had some NYCD Autos that yielded 4oz off 1 plant, by one of his testers, i think the other was 3.5oz. how is that pointless, id say a yield as good as most photoperiod strains if not better. seems to me Auto strains are making big advances, this proves the point! Try reading a few more threads on the subject before spouting off & upsetting people! we're all friends here man!

J

jayd

looks good m8. seen some good pics of your nyld. stuill got the pack of seeds you sent me a while ago, havent got round to popping them yet hopefully in a month or so il try get a outdoor crop as seems weather is getting hotter now and hopefully we will get a good late summer over here

C

cheesey

Hi Cheesy, did you eventually receive a smoke report? Also, any dry pics? The grow show was nice, we want more!
:joint:

na not yet . the dude hasnt been on line .....

UPDATE

heres the 2 males and the fem for my f2 nyld seeds .

heres DAVE he has a diesel smell too him

and heres FRED hes very lemony

and heres a photo of the 3 sum

heres a cpl of photos from my other tent 9 nyld what are about 7 days in flower .

uptosumpn

Veteran
They look beautiful and healthy.....what size light did you use to start em' on and how far away did you keep the light again??? dnt remember if I asked this already....

C

cheesey

They look beautiful and healthy.....what size light did you use to start em' on and how far away did you keep the light again??? dnt remember if I asked this already....

they have been under a 400W HPS digital from the day i potted them . i kepted the hood a good 30" away for the first week , then lowered it too 17 "

C

cheesey

update heres the girls under the 400w

and heres the fem who is covered in male polen .

this will be my last week useing my nikon d60 . ive ordered myself a new toy . a canon 550 d 18mp cant fooking wait lol .

Ramius

Veteran
Looking good cheesey

I already think your Nikon takes great shots, but those Canon cameras are amazing, and with full HD recording too. Get yourself a macro lense :)

C

cheesey

Looking good cheesey

I already think your Nikon takes great shots, but those Canon cameras are amazing, and with full HD recording too. Get yourself a macro lense :)

yep ill get a macro lens for the canon . ive watched some u tube videos of the HD video mode on the camera and was gob smacked how good they looked . loads better than my panasonic hd video cam . ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_BdvNWq-k

Latest posts

Latest posts