What's new

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

bigherb

Veteran
ive neva experienced lemon in a haze .that ssh pheno sounds like som special wit som piffish in da mix dats a bad bitch .lov to taste som of that.

lov to hear more opinions of the piff lineage.

PurpleBuddy

beautiful plant, a couple years back I puffed some haze with a friend that was scored somewhere near the lake placid area, not so much a lemony taste but definitely had a tart taste...with the extremely uplifting high that one would expect from sativa's

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Philly - That's the plant. I took the majority @ about 81 days, and left a lil to go close to 100. I know that what I have is not the same as the pif, but she is closer than anything else that I have run. I haven't had anything from uptown in close to 5 yrs, but I'm sure that it's the exact same bud (pif/haze/hydro). It was there in '94, was there in '04 lol. Because I haven't smoked it in so long, I can't really compare the high, only the smell and strength. I will never forget. Pif is similar to bubble hash. Stupid strong, Stupid expensive, Stupid hard to find. If I smelled a stranger smoking it, I would almost beg for a hit. Never had any 'Krippy', but it seems to have it's own lil cult following. All 3 of the SSH that I grew out had a lemon odor, and it was most pronounced in the hazier of my 2 Sk/Haze phenos. That pheno grew buds like a haze (long, loose, BIG) , but they smell like lemon. What do you think that the lineage of the pif is? I have grown out several haze hybrids, but 1 ssh is the only thing CLOSE. I am really only concerned with that pif taste, as I have yet to come across a plant that isn't fire if grown properly.

xOOx

barletta,

when you say the buds smell like lemon, ok i know the citric smell, but do you mean they smell like lemon when they are on the plant while in full flower? the girl i run does not smell like a lemon in flower at all, more like a discusting chemical skunk/ rotten meat/sometimes garlic you name it, it shifts all the time depending on the time you smell it. the citric like smell doesn't come out until it dries, and its more like a soury mentholly (vicks vapor rubish) red grapefruit/lemon cleaner odor, more just a general mild acidic fruit (insert acidic smelling fruit here) something like wood endust or pledge cleaner, or a chemical that was artifically flavored with an acidic fruity smell, lol. and no pine tree at all - but it has quite a bit of skunky/spices in the mix too. i dunno it's just unique. i always would get that smell from my $20 bags from spanish homie, and i haven't asked him for a 20 in a couple years, and i'm surprised why he hasnt asked me why. lol. i know it's really close, if not it at least a related sister. the uplifting surge it gives is just great. it radiates out of your chest, and you just get tingles like on your face, toes, etc.and the big plastic smile that goes along with all that, when your just dreaming away in the clouds when you hit the peak in 30 or so minutes from beginning. i'm very sensitive to racy paranoia inducing strains, and this one tip toes on the edge of that, but not enough to freak me out. that's what i like. altho when i overdo, i do get those little jumps like try to snap out of it, stand up and breath a few times just to make sure i'm still here and ok. get the blood flowing again,etc. i don't like to be frozen to the couch or in a state of fear/panic like some strains (unknown) have done to me. this just gives you a mild body anestetic feeling, like a drunken numbness on your body face,cheeks,gums general body. i always say think dentist visit and novacaine (sensations like your teeth/gums are numb and 2 feet in front of your face floating in the air, while you have the feeling like someone just slapped your cheek, i dunno how to describe - loss for words, just have to feel it), but i've never really went more then a few hits at once to see what would happen with say a whole joint. never had the need. i'm not a chimney, just a hit or two a day to keep the doctor away kinda smoker. so i've never built a tolerance to it. thing is, when his $20 bags would get me pretty messed up, i would always wind up thinking it was laced with something so my paranoia while high would freak me out wasting time thinking about that, can't shake the thought etc (kinda like bad acid trip). but i'm glad to know, it was just a good plant and not treated with the home depot secret chemical mix (like that brown shit that smells like burnt plastic when u hit it and burns like someone lit a lighter in your throat), that shit paralized me, it just felt too druggie narcotic. something was not right about it. no other way to explain it except i wouldn't touch it again if i saw it. i hope that's not the 'church' insense everyone talks about, burnt plastic/rubber stink. because you can keep it then.

xoox

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
xoox
big up too u n wat u do all lov duu.your haze sounds like som exotic shit som serious.

but that description of ur haze i anint neva eva eva eva tasted in no uptown shit duuu citrus ,grapefruit, pledge cleaner ,menthol.i anint neva tasted nuttin of that in haze but a bit of sour in som p.haze.but u said urself u only smoke a hit or 2 a day .so i dont really see u having tried much diff uptown varieties. church is a staple of uptown n in noooooo way chemical rubber or plastic tasting . its 4 sur narcotic dark, yellowish,brownish wit golden tint inside.
i cant understand u saying u kno piff n u dont kno church .hav u neva experienced incense in haze .

washington heights home of the haze

Last edited:
D

Delta Force

PhillyPride said:
Good Observation, let me add maybe I can help maybe not

I have a truly stellar cut of SSH circa 1996 known as Romulator's Cut and the lemony odor you speak of is Northern Lights and is the REAL DEAL although not Piff in terms of taste and odor of the nugs, But the odor of exhaled smoke is undoubtedly Piffy Haze just not in terms of taste. And the Uptown piff is definetly not Nl x haze or an Nl/haze x haze no disrespect to your thoughts but I must disagree I believe the aforementioned strains are more commercialized versions, nothing close to Piff. The SSH smells exactly like the Strain "Krippy" which was heavy down in South Florida/Miami circa 1997-2003 and I was told was an elite Northern Lights. Both have the same putrid Northern Lights odor they differ in terms of taste/flavor/ and high. Now the SSH is champion herb and a truly superior haze, but sadly it is not Piff the high is more couchlock and indica leaning than the up sativa out of this world good feeling that only the Piff gives you.

SSH 85 day harvested

I hear that their might be some Piff in circulation among friends/associates I hope that this is the real deal and is true, because I truly have my fingers crossed, if the wares match up a tenth the descriptions we may have a home run on our hands but let us all be positive and hope it is the Real Deal or close to it . . . . . . to be continued

damn son.................respect home slice...............I just was puffin of the romulator and started a thread on her to know more.............now I know son!!!! i wanna close my shit now..................uhhhhhhhhhhh its fire kid.

xOOx

i can't tell ya if i ever had it, that church, but i've had tons of different types and they never come with these known names. just dro, skunk (also called dro sometimes if its good), haze, piff, or 'it's good, my friend smoked too much and said he was trippin' and then theres 'dirt' when is slang for crap, doesn't have to be seeded to be dirt, just weak. but they assume it was grown in dirt that's why it's weak or buzz doesn't last, but i'm not one to correct anyone.... just yeah man, it's dirt. i gotta play the game don't want any1 knowing i growing. once i had what was told purple haze, and it wasn't purple, it was more white i thought it looked like white mold on it, smoked it anyways, and it fucked me up similar (dreamy not really paying attention to whats going on in the room, feel like a 5 year old kinda 'duh' ..tingles..until u snap out of it). that's really all the only buzz words i ever got out of it form my bud, never strain names, and the the good shit always came from my spanish homies. nobody was into strain names, so i couldn't tell ya if i had it, lol. and not gonna lie, never heard of church or elvis until og and icmag. nobody has ever said that name in my circles .. if it gave you a good buzz w/a hit or two, and fucked u up beyond understanding and drooling on yourself with a joint - it was just really good shit. and it was always $20 for a tiny little bud of it.

i'm pretty bad with describing smells. i try to say everything that i'm thinking about when i'm sniffing,and i may be wrong. all those smells i'm telling ya is just the bud odor when it's being broken up. wafts of it come up to your nose. and it's not really like lemony at all. it just makes you think of the acidic chemical side of that fruit for a second, but then other smells hit your nose, and you think this shit smells weird, unique. it has nothing to do with the taste that you get out of it either when smoked. the smell of the bud is just its own odor. it smokes and tastes like old school herb. smooth. no weird tastes. it taste like 1980s when you inhale. maybe a little sweet, little tang to it, none of those tastes are really prominant in the smoke. the few that have smoked it eyes lit up after the inhale, and the words NICE come out right after that while holding it in (thats usually because all the shit they were smoking was the throat burning crap). the smell that lingers in the air is pretty much just pot smell, as soon as it hits your nose, you know that it was just burned in the area. say your at a concert, walk by some people, and u catch a wiff, honey, those bad boys over there! they're smokin' pot!!, yeah you know what it is, that's it, nothing different then that. pure ganja that tastes great.

when you say incense i think of like a 1970s store with beads all over the entrance some hippy girl behind the counter with 10,000 different types of incense, including pussy willlow flavor. lol. got no idea which one it is!? i know everyone say the one in the church, frankenpoop whatever. but still you know how bad i've been? i haven't been to church in ages and i can't remember the smell, bad me. all i do is puff a few hits, and that's my church for 2 hours.

and as far as sampling many, i always had hits of all different types, local and uptown. thousands of them probly over the decade, and i usally give most of my stuff to others, and share it. if i got a better bag, the old one would be gifted away if there was any left. so i get new stuff back all the time. even still 2day i see people and they want to give me a bud try this! because of all the shit i gave them and i have to be like nah, it's ok, i'll just take a hit. cause i have wayy too much at home in jars, lol. yeah refusing free herb.. it isn't better then what i'm smoking on anywayz. i judge all my shit by one full one hitter. if it lasts 45 minutes and clears up, DIRT. if it lasts 1 hour 15 minutes, good shit, if it lasts 1 hour 40 minutes, great shit (this is rise, peak, and fall). and then i judge the actual buzz, when i'm in peak can i snap out of it if i had an emergency? can i go back into it, does it hold me in that dreaming floating state for a really long time? good shit. some stuff i've smoked it hits hard right away within a few minutes, but then 20-30 minutes in i can feel my hands like normal and my body ..and thinking hmm, not that strong anymore. then it just fades away without coming back again like a wave. if my head clears to haven't even smoked at all, that would be dirt. not happy with that kind. it's all the same really, just gotta smoke more of it to get to where i want, and i don't like to do that. the less, the better if u know what i'm sayin. this girl though takes a long time to clear out of your system, your head feels cloudy for hours after a few hits.

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
maybe becaz im younger or hav not experienced the amazing almost extinct sativas of the 70's .i go 4 something narcotic i like a through body n head massage i like to be put to the test get knocked down n ive only met my match few times.if i want something uplifting i get pussy .wen i smoke i want to relax ,sitbac n feel loose.i enjoy many uplifting sativa but a knockout stone is my cup of tea.in my experience with haze uptown the fire top notch shit is very narcotic lethargic dreamy.not energetic or uplifting.but im defintely above the clouds wit a mix of a mind warp n getting hit by a mack truck.

xoox
i appreciate ur post they r always soo detailed .this frankincense is a church incense burned at a mass 4 a funeral i dont go to church myself but ive been at toooo many funerals.i hav mention this before but its very interesting dj short mapping the pot palate list funeral as a flavor but ive neva seen this description on any strain.also ive not seen much info on haze mist from flying dutchmen but except 4 a buttery note n body stone the description is spot on 4 the p.haze im familiar wit. second best haze ive smoked next to frank

xOOx

ya, everyone wants something different in their buzz, lol. i'm starting to wonder if there is really that many different buzzes, or just 2 basic ones and tiny deviations from that based on potency (2,3,4 hits to get there). either super up paranoid and scared, or chill out relaxed and dreamy. this girl is not really just uplifting energetic only per se. the high is pretty mixed and complex. you don't want to run laps, or feel like your heart is going to jump out, etc. altho it makes anything your doing much more interesting to say the least. you can work on it if you had too. it's more of a super mellow relaxed feeling all over your body. but not paralized like your body is made of lead. somewhat racy for the first 15-25 minutes or so you'll take some deep breaths and your heart speeds up and slows down (palpatations for me, but does not induce the heart attack paranoia feeling) but not that bad, but then the peak comes and every muscle letting go super mega relaxed, but at the same time your heart is beating a little bit faster then it should be at that state of relaxation almost like a meditation-speed ball state. along with the dreamy cloudy floating euphoric sensations start to get stronger and take over your mind, auditory halucinations for your ears. at that point thoughts start drifting for me, to the past, back to the present, memories unlocked from childhood (thank god nothing bad showed up where i'd be on a talk show, hi oprah) that's what i get out of it. along with tons of memory loss, really will say the same thing 2x during a convo, get lost at some point in a movie if ur watching one etc. the memory loss is pretty strong to the point where you just forget whatever things may be stressing you at that time. or anything from the point in time your mind is drifting on to the present. lots of revelations during the peak. i guess some may call that somewhat couch lock because you aren't moving during the dreaming phase of it. you can if you want to, but why bother. this high is the one i like. it also gives some red eyes and a little dry mouth but not too severe (i've had worse).

while smoking consistantly no stoner memory moments (like pause mid convo forget what ur sayin even tho ur not high), but if you stop for a few days to dry out, they seem to get worse even tho your not smoking it. go figure. lol.

whatever it is, piff, haze, dro, it's just good weed. so far since i've had it, no desire to reup from uptown or use any of the nugget-commercials over it. it does the trick..just better.

xoox

I believe the Lemon scent that Barletta describes is actually NL he just doesnt know it, I think he actually means Lemon Pinesol smell and an extremely putrid version. Think Back to the hey day of Northern Lights in the Mid 90's when it was flooding the market.

Now the SSH is excellent herb but not PIFF, they both share the same super HAZE aroma but that is where the comparisons end, in terms of taste the PIFF is allways consistent no matter what it is crossed with aka what Pheno you see. the taste is much much more tropical and exotic than SSH or any of the Hazes we Can get our hands on, the closest thing Haze I grew to Uptown Washington Heights Piff Haze was an unknown Haze obtained from a NORCAL med club, it definitely had the Piff Taste and Aroma but the High was way off more indica leaning which led me to leave it alone. The Closest thing I have had to Piff was Haze Heaven aka Amnesia Haze but that is in terms of Taste, I said the closest but def not Piff, another strain that is very similar to Piff in some terms is the Kali Mist Pre 2001, it is one of the few strains that matches the Piffs Tropicalness, now Kali Mist is unique but it can quench a Piff thirst in a crunch.

Barletta you asked if I know what the lineage of the Piff is and to be honest bro I have no idea, I have racked my brain for years trying to figure out the same ? I know it has to be ONE Heirloom ? Haze that has been crossed with other strains thus so many different phenos ie (SD Piff, NL Piff, Blueberry Piff, Orange Piff, Green Piff, Black Piff, White Piff, Purple Piff) all different in their own way but all the same Piff, and yes it does exist!

I do not disrespect anyones opinion in terms of the Piff I can relate to certain things that everyone is saying from XooX to BigHerb even though they seem completely different. But I believe an important aspect that is being left out is volume, I truly believe volume of different strains smoked does give one a more objective opinion when stating their opinion on a given strain.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Philly - The lemon scent in the SSH my be NL, I dunno. I have come across a bunch of different lemon smells from plants in my short time growing. It's closer to lemon pledge than 'lemon' pinesol. I grew out an OGK x G13/haze with an almost pure lemon pledge smell, and had a friend of mine's martian mean green (same g13/haze pop) that was similar in almost every way. I thought that this was very strange, as my plant had been grown under flouro's, and his was outside...My MMG had a locker room/feet/bad breath odor. I had 1 female of pine bud x g13 (GN 03), and she had a definite 'astringent' quality. Equal parts pine and lemon, but not fuely, more like pinesol/seabreeze/noxema. I am growing MrNice Dreamtime now, and I have a plant that has this heavy, heavy lemon smell, you can almost see it wafting off of the plant. The SSH cut that I have definitely does have some of the pif funk. There are 4 or 5 things weed related that the smell will instantly take me somewhere. Cracking a bag of pif is fighting for #1 with coming up on a 5lb patch of sweet haze on a warm still october night. I have smelled and smoked a bunch of hazes, maybe more than some people here, maybe less, but the pif is diff lol. Also, I have never (that I know of) had any 'other' pif pheno's. I used to live bout an hour from NYC, and have probably gone uptown for bud about 100 times over 10+ yrs, and that bud was always the same. 1 time I went, and flacco had some other killer green instead of (what he called hydro) pif, and was SOOO apologetic. lol

xOOx

philly agreed, of everything i've smoked or seen i think i can clearly remember 4 maybe 5 distinct types of herb. differing w. smell/flavor/texture. but they still all so closely related. the past decade plus it's all been uptown variations only for me tho, they are all similar, and they always had the same funk when breaking it up to some degree. that somewhat acidic citric mentholish soury sweet smell, mixed w/skunky indian spices funk.

all recent herb (last year or so) commercials seems like rock nuggets, that break up to a lot more then they appear. vary from dark green, to green with purple hues. has more of a pine tree skunky smell to them. some smelled of perfume. all different yet the same smells.. i'm thinking they look like the kushs to tell you the truth. is it really possible kush is just a commercial strain?! these nuggets come from a different source, not my spanish homie, and always smell, and look like that. some more stoney and quicker to peak (similar to my piff) then others, but never as long lasting.

back in the 90s it was more of bud that was just one inch twig with some calyx balls hanging off it and few blade leaves smashed up in the bag. these reeked through the plastic with that familiar uptown smell. it was somewhat fluffy and broke up to clumpy lumpies (this is more like what i have). and if you kept pinching it and pulling out the twigs, it would almost all powderize (great for the 1 hitter).

and i can remember 1980s.. twigs sticks , dark green airy weed w/seeds that popped in a joint if you didn't get them all like a popcorn. this woulda been 87, 88ish. prior to that i wasn't into it, smoked handful of times. few times it didn't even do anything to me. but pot i remember prior was similar to the 80s twigs n sticks.

i also seen the dark brown petrified looking rasta buds. not that good of a smoke when it's in that state. don't remember much else about them.

when you say pinesol tho, gotta watch cause people think "pine" like pine tree cause of the name, even though it's more of a lemony orange citrus nose tingling menthol smell we're trying to describe, there's is absolutely no pine/fresh cut xmas tree smell in it these buds at all. if you're saying this is the NL, then whatever I have is crossed to NL for sure. stem rubs have the smell, but general undisturbed odor is that of spicey skunk spray with a bit of undescribable something ?else? funk in there, lol.

as far as heirloom haze in the cross, i'm thinkin it's of latin descent. columbian, mexican, etc.. not afghani or anything like that.

don't get me wrong, even in 88,89,90 that shit got me fucked up. it was more of the spanish sold bud you get in jersey city, union city, etc. mostly latino populations. you go north (white) jersey, you get kush like nuggets. which do not compare if you ask me. not to the union city, or nyc uptowns.

we need a real strain doctor to analyze it, lol! soon hopefully. is there a doctor in the house??????????

xoox

good point XooX and Barletta you are correct and I believe I could be confused using the Lemon Pinesol moniker because most would identify that with the modern day Kushes. I think maybe lemon pledge like barletta stated is closer to the point. and Yes some cats may hold onto one type of Piff but as you stated Barletta you havent had any since 94, much progress has been made since then, especially in a ultra competitive marketplace, I have personally had and smoked Sour Diesel Haze -Blueberry Haze-White Widow Haze- All being through and through real deal Piff's and honestly some of the best herb I have ever had in my life hands down.

xOOx

k+, all it is just a very good fine weed. you can't sell crap in nyc. yeah some people might try to rip you off if they think they can, but if your buying from a reputable source, they aren't going to sell you crap. they want you to come back, and for $20 a bag, you got balls if you try to rip someone for that. you might find sticks and twigs in east bumblefuck - but if you tried to pass that off in nyc, you would get eaten alive, or maybe shot and killed.

i know its hard to compare weed to alcohol, but those of you who do not have a big alcohol tolerance, if you were to down 4-5 shots of vodka one after the other, and tell me in 25-30 minutes hey man i didn't feel a thing d00d, (that ultra uplifting smiley numb happy buzzy sensation right before you begin the spins and start yackin) you'd think it was just 'dirt' alcohol. lol.

two big pulls off a joint of this, and you will feel the same with a piffed strain. maybe the big tokers would need 3 pulls, 4 max. end of story. welcome to outer space dreamland, numb body and all...for a couple hours+ this is why i prefer the 1 hit method to this, i guess smoke a whole j and just let it last and last, or do it little hits a time, it's personal preference ..

ps, and u still have ur liver!

xoox

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Philly - What I said was that it was the same bud in the same spot(s) from the first time I went to get it in '94 till the last time that I went to go get it in 03-04. I grew up and they stopped serving me lol. I made the trip pretty regularly from 94-98/99. It was always the same bud. I stopped picking up (schwag) weight, so I would only go uptown if I was in the city already. I still get it from time to time, but I don't go into the city, and I think that my buddy goes to harlem, not the heights. It is the same fire.

x00x - Funny that you mention JC/Union City. I have some people from down below, and they get good commercial haze for ~400, but they all know about the heights. The dudes that I know are much younger than me, and latino, and they still go uptown. It's easier to hop on and off the bridge, know EXACTLY what you're getting, than to look around, and probably not find it. But from what I hear, deep in the hoods of JC/EO/Nwk pif is consistently there similar to NYC. LOL even my spanish boys don't go 'down the hill'

xOOx

barletta, don't worry. i won't get served anymore either. i don't have the proper ID, lol. i'd have to not shave for a while, wear some older clothes with holes in them and go with my spanish homie to do the talking, that's the only way i'd get anything these days. but i've never had too actually do the old school weed search since high school since the herbs are flowing to where i can get as much as i want anytime i want. but still prefer my own over it, as everyone can relate!

the guys i know who i always would get my uptown from rode the trains to re-up the haze, most don't even drive, no car. it's easier to use the path and sub. it from jersey anyway, less chance of getting snagged in a traffic stop.

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
the only time ive experienced this lemon pinesol almost diesel like was wit reeferman love potion .ssh ino is sweet spicey clean hazey type.the closet ssh that resembled any nyish in the dam was bushdoctors .i find g.h. ssh to hav som sweetness last batch i had was bugglegum,juicyfriut type.

i find it interesting that g.h. list many of there haze strains wit incense flavor .ive not experienced incense in any of there strains.my 2 fav g.h. strains hashplant haze which is not there own had the most haze accent also hawaian sno having som similareties to som haze ino . much of there haze lineage is s.e.asian which had me thinking does this influence a incense flavor .could lineage of our uptown haze hav som s.e.asian heritage?

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I think that is where 'haze' in general originated from, or the parents did. Makes you wonder what some of those west coast bricks are like. Our bricks are mistreated mexican, colombian, caribbean, etc.. I bet the west coast gets some from thailand, vietnam, laos, etc... On a side note, I bet europe gets a lot of afghani/paki, and african strains. It is interesting to me to see where the REAL weight goes. Imagine picking males in a jungle in jamacia/cambodia/swaziland lol. Surrounded by 15' turbo sativas mmmmmmm...

Latest posts

Latest posts