What's new

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
smoked a lot of weed in my time, but never had anything that was anywhere near hallucinogenic, not like a hit of acid. had the room spinnin', but that's what you get when you hit the tequila *then* smoke a j.

S

socioecologist

"Inner BS" on med patients who don't get high anymore? I have to smoke a bowl of very nice bubble hash just to feel a little high. I've moved to 1g of bubble dissolved in a shot of everclear for bad pain days. Some of us build a high tolerance to this stuff quickly (and that's a bad thing to me).

I've had more intense trips from super-dosed up brownies than I ever have from mushrooms. Sweet thread--would love to know what's up with the NYH (but will settle for O. Haze).

Last edited:

THC•20

How many buds does the average medical patient use? Luckily for me I probably only use 1-3 grams a day. More like 1-2 but some days I tend to do more than usual. I'd hate to build a tolerance for more than this a day. I was just wondering what are you guys experiences with most Hazes? I'm trying to find the best commercially available haze. I hear Neville's Haze might be what I'm looking for?

S

socioecologist

Some of the heavier users I know are going through a Z every 3-4 days. Commercial Haze? Super silver haze (Mr. Nice)--find a NL leaner that packs it on.

SSH @ 35 days

bigherb

Veteran
socioecologist
sweet pics looks solid lov too see som pics of the o.haze .i smoke a z every 4 or 5 days .tolerance is a major factor also is selection not much variety around for couple months.cant really complain caz days of haze n hours of sours but i look 4 exotics.i noticed ill smoke som fire 4 a while n it will get weak [tolerance] them smoke som nice n get stone .i noted this som years bac since then i try to hav a selection it def helps .

also if u havnt tried blue cap schrooms u should get ur hands on som one of my craziest experience ever.

xOOx

socio- ok tolerance must play a factor for sure then, just like with alcohol, some people can drink a whole bottle of vodka and still be able to communicate somewhat with you. 4 shots, 5 shots, and i'm pretty much done. so i take that back, just typing without thinking. i don't even like alcohol really, and i try to avoid it.

mebbe try not to let it build up that much, back off for a week or two, dry out, and start again? spacing your doses by 4-8 hours? it could also be strain too, looks like i'm going to have to tap into my p.haze sooner then i thought, i'm at 2.5 hitters a go now, only after a few days with the new commercial sparkly bud. buzz just isn't there anymore, just tired sleepy feeling/heavy legs, some day dreamy thoughts, but a clear head and i have total body sensation now during the buzz ;( i can feel my cheeks! where did the buzz go, lol.

problem for me, more i smoke of it, leaves me with a weird headache on one side of my head in the temple area, and now a stiff neck, great dunno why people pay for this crap. there is definately some strange sweet almost musty taste mixed into the bud, and it's 2nd time i've tasted it from commercials, one very purple bud had that flavor big time. i guess you could call it grapey? maybe more like cranberry. wonder if it's some kinda additive in flower you can use to add flavor? all i can tell you is it's gross, man. i taste the natural weed flavor on inhale, then this odd almost berry like musty sweet wet dirt like taste. within seconds it starts to burn the shit out of my throat and then tickle coughs come up. 2 tastes at once, yuck. hope that's not a berry or purple strain taste? the shit i'm getting is from older long time users, so it's not street dirt, they wouldn't accept that kind of weed. it's some strain for sure, that has a bad taste to me.

the haze is different, it's sweet, like sugar water, breathing powdered sugar and air and like smelling very pungent chemical solventish tangy fragrant tropical fruits, not any berry taste though. once you break it and the soury acidic smell hits your nose, you're like yeah, you know where its from. the broken buds look light green with the amber pistils mixed in, and the milky trichomes speckle the light green herb when its in the hitter, you may think it looks like it's laced with coke by the appearance of green with white dots, but it's not, but you sure feel like it is when you smoke it though. lol. it's a very unique looking and smelling herb.

haze seems to be a lot harder to build tolerance too for me, wish you could sample some of this and see how it works for you, a bowl of it an i'm sure you'll feel more then barely high.

give a good haze a try, and you'll see its a stronger high. the pictures in eddie shoestrings review of o.haze look similar to the girl i have in final dried bud, maybe it's o.haze/skunk x latino heirloom, it has a strong skunk spray like smell in veg and flower so who knows it definately has skunk in it lineage. not mild either, i'm talkin dog just got a shot/stream right in the face in your backyard and ran into the house and starts rubbing it all over your chairs and sofa, yeah that horrible stink, even when its only a few inches tall it wafts this odor in the air. lol.

the haze tastes great, gets me high, and leaves me feeling good, everything i've tried recently incl. commercial that is not the nyc uptown has made me unhappy, unhealthy feeling after its done, or wore off way too quickly.

they all looked super dank though

xoox

S

socioecologist

x00x--When I'm drinking, my booze tolerance is like my pot tolerance--it takes a lot to phase me.

CF--make my own. No clubs in Oregon, so we do it all on our own. That's the way I like it. I use the 7 bag bubblebag setup. I feel ripped off for the cost, but it does make some good hash.

xOOx

bigherb!! we're still here, lol.

just smoking on it'. maybe just too busy cloudwalkin'.

xoox

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
FRANKENBLUNT420 said:
damn the piff, i wanna know where the hell were all these NY growers and this "secret community" when i was just starten out?!?!?

oh well im in NJ now so with my SSH beans i would love to have been able to trade

I chopped a SSH today that is the closest smelling bud to pif/haze/hydro as I have smelled. Not a 'generic' sweet or dry haze scent, but a 'sun shining on a warm delicious garbage heap' heavy haze smell. I hope that the smell sticks around through the cure. Funny, she was the first to finish out of my 3 MrN SSH females, though not exactly quick at just under 12 weeks.

bigherb

Veteran
nice to know everybodies not stiff on the piff .glad to see som action .barletta lov to see som pics n a smoke report I hope it only gets better with a good cure

Last edited:

headimonster

as an east coaster who moved west - no one not many people know about NYH - i would like to cut a cutting or something any info?

xOOx

da piff back in the house!

it's out there i think (?), i guess we have to wait to see if it shows up somewhere in the woods. all i can tell you about it is, smoke a bowl and prepare for take off captain.

i made the mistake of smoking a hit a little too late last night, couldn't fall asleep for over an hour after the buzz started to back down! slow deep breathing and a fast heartbeat is kinda hard to get to sleep under, lol.

xoox

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
The SSH has been curing for a few weeks now. It smells delicious, the dominant smell is 'pif', but too much lemony funk to be the real deal. This pheno seemed to me to be NL/Haze dom, so I figgure that the pif is an nl x haze or an nl/haze x haze. Ohh I miss her.....

xOOx

barletta,

from what i have picked up from all of these different discussions on it, i'd think you are right, or very close. it has fat nl5 leaves in veg, and then takes on more of a sativa appearance during flower. 70% some kind of sativa/haze (possibly original haze, thai haze, mexican, or columbian - i think it's either columbian or a mexican heirloom to tell you the truth, spanish dudes are the ones who always have it) and 30% nl5 or nl varient. slow as balls from seed to flower/finish, but much improved from clone. smell is unique and one wiff is all it takes to identify it. once the tingle hits your nose, you know it ain't pine bud.

xoox

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
x00x - I am keeping my NL/haze pheno of SSH, and running her for the first time from clone now. She is maybe 3-4 wks into flower now. Funny, there are no distinct 'NL' characteristics. The leaves are thin and sativa looking, but sorta smallish. She is staying shorter (relative term lol) than the other phenos that are running just behind her. The NL shows up in the bud formation. The buds form/fatten relatively quickly, and they take on a roundish shape with good density. Check ur PM's

barletta said:
The SSH has been curing for a few weeks now. It smells delicious, the dominant smell is 'pif', but too much lemony funk to be the real deal. This pheno seemed to me to be NL/Haze dom, so I figgure that the pif is an nl x haze or an nl/haze x haze. Ohh I miss her.....

Good Observation, let me add maybe I can help maybe not

I have a truly stellar cut of SSH circa 1996 known as Romulator's Cut and the lemony odor you speak of is Northern Lights and is the REAL DEAL although not Piff in terms of taste and odor of the nugs, But the odor of exhaled smoke is undoubtedly Piffy Haze just not in terms of taste. And the Uptown piff is definetly not Nl x haze or an Nl/haze x haze no disrespect to your thoughts but I must disagree I believe the aforementioned strains are more commercialized versions, nothing close to Piff. The SSH smells exactly like the Strain "Krippy" which was heavy down in South Florida/Miami circa 1997-2003 and I was told was an elite Northern Lights. Both have the same putrid Northern Lights odor they differ in terms of taste/flavor/ and high. Now the SSH is champion herb and a truly superior haze, but sadly it is not Piff the high is more couchlock and indica leaning than the up sativa out of this world good feeling that only the Piff gives you.

SSH 85 day harvested

I hear that their might be some Piff in circulation among friends/associates I hope that this is the real deal and is true, because I truly have my fingers crossed, if the wares match up a tenth the descriptions we may have a home run on our hands but let us all be positive and hope it is the Real Deal or close to it . . . . . . to be continued

Latest posts

Latest posts