What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYC Piff"

FtWendy

...all of that said, I don't think I got my hands on any of the elite hazes in Holland. That, or I sort of HOPE that I didn't. It'd be a bit of a letdown, knowing that Holland really is in decline. Conversely, the realization evokes a nice patriotic swell in my heart for good ol' American weed.

The time is coming when Americans will again be able to grow great greenhouses full of sativas without fear of legal harrasment... then the real treasure hunt can begin.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
yo man wish someone from Florida or georga can drop in and tell us what it is shit is floating around from them areas and it makes there way to the grand city big apple.i know my game just cant get the cut and its not dominicans that got this cut to usa it was jamiacans brought seeds to florida and its a clone only now.shit is a beautiful smell man! cant stop smelling it

bigherb

Veteran
:
Flavors for all hazes I've sampled were all within the same range, regardless of geography. Ultimately the differences were in intensity and blend of flavors, with the occasional absence or presence of certain characteristics (lemon, dirt, leather). The one flavor component present in NY hazes I don't recall tasting in holland was the 'dry dankness', that mansion smell I mentioned earlier - it's not musty at all, but old and dry like an antique store. OLD and valuable always come to mind. I always associated its absence in dutch weed to uncured or poorly dried grass. In both dutch cities the 5+ hazes I've tried were all F-L-A-M-E (Sarasani in ut, Barneys, Wortel's in dam were the best), but crisp and green in flavor and color (NY were golden brown), and always a touch more moist than what I prefer.

The west coast hazes I've tried definitely seemed to be more Asian leaning, and they were green like the dutch versions, but grown, processed and handled better. Across the board. In terms of post smoking experience, what the Dutch hazes had more of was power and head rush. Bring on that caged tiger effect...that *Oh shit, I'm in bat country and the locals speak shlikety-shlak. FUCK!* -type feeling... whereas the Cali and NYC hazes were both more balanced in their high (kudos American growers)...more of a mmmm, I didn't know this couch vibrated. How delightful -type feeling.

NYC was electric gigglebush with no ceiling. It was my toll to cross the bridge into halucinogenic marijuana. Ding!

To sum it up, all of the experiential components to the hazes (look, smell, flavor, burnt odor, high) that I've sampled have remained fairly consistent, and all of the differences have generally been in the mixes of the components. My thoughts on the differences:

-The Dutch are growing bio, cutting a few weeks prematurely and marketing the herb wet and uncured
-The Cali hazes were organic and boutique grown for special consumption, but not the finest phenos on the planet. I think most of the ground the West Coast gained on the Dutch weed was in maturing and processing...
-The hazes I've tried in both Cali and Holland all seemed to be the green/asian varieties, while the NYC versions both seemed S.American.

That said...can you imagine how our enthusiastic conversations about elusive catpiss flavors and whatnot would sound to the uninitiated or uneducated reader? Makes me smile.

Also, where did the name "piff" originate?

cheers, ftw

That said...can you imagine how our enthusiastic conversations about elusive catpiss flavors and whatnot would sound to the uninitiated or uneducated reader? Makes me smile

100% agreed i couldnt have said it better

i really appreciate the breakdown/comparison of the haze from different areas thats reported/available

im surprised you say the taste/aromas were all fairly consistent and consider the dutch hazes more powerful headrush IME thats a joke

i can give you atleast a brief description of all those hazes ive tried in ADAM in my 4 trips and not one woulsd i associate catpiss or incense with .i agree the antique woodys or as we say basment/mansion is also not present in adam hazes IME.soo it seems fair to say the adam varieties are green haze/s.e.asian

most of the taste/aromas comin from the hazes in the dam are more sweet ,soapy ,lemon with very few havin spicy pepper traits

i believe the poor curing plays a part n probably hydro grown chem fed also plays a part in the end product but idoubt that organically grown perfect cured adam haze would even be compared in the same sentence IMO

i like to know exactly which of thr 5 plus varieties youve experienced from s.holland /utretch

piff became a popular term around early 02/03 i believe ,while referenced by members of dipset who are harlem and uptown natives

according to a few reports while smokin our nyc haze somone had an epiphany soo the term was then coined and now has become a marketing ploy for everyone/anyone in nyc who sells a haze variety

1luvbigherb

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
mariella's E 60th st

atta boy.
ive been to cali and had their 'pizza.'
trust me...
ours is WAY better. (no matter WHICH rays you get it from. heck...dont matter if you get it from atillios...its STILL better)
and sorry, chicago...
those deep dish PIES you call pizza...
while delicious, it ISNT pizza.
...and whats the deal with the salad on top of a hot dog? you figure the land of sausage and heart attacks, you'd figure they'd get something as simple as a dog right........nope.

now that we've gotten that out of the way (i really hope we realize this is all in F U N and all seriousness has been exhaled with the last rip of kill fields............does anyone remember laughter?)

does anyone else have any pics of the 'piff' theyve been getting recently?

-cap

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Does anyone recognize this jar? I couldn't find a haze jar, but you get the idea... look familiar? If I remember correctly, this Juicy Fruit was right on, too. Damn I miss that delivery service...all I can find now is night-night indica, as evidenced by the tasty *but wholly unsatisfactory* purple kush pic below.

Cheers, ftw

holy crap!
not only did i, recently score some 'juicy fruit'....it came in one of those very square plastic containers you show there.

small world. loved the grass. tasty and great music weed.

cheers!

-cap

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I grew a Malawi Gold x Colombian Gold last year, that during flower had a very sweet perfumy incense smell, like opening a drawer that has incense sticks in it. It reminded me alot of some of the best NYC haze I've had, but it was missing something. It also had a lemon citrus smell that the NYC haze didn't have.

British Hempire told me I had the cg pheno, and I've heard cg is responsible for the incense smell, so the lemon comes from the Malawi.

Anyway like I said something was still missing from it having a complete piff smell. The indica musk. That leads me to also believe that it is an old NL x cg dominant haze.

I've had countless Mexican nlxhaze buds that had the piff taste and high to the T. it's a very popular commercial Mexican strain that isn't shit, and well grown and harvested. There's rarely any seeds. Maybe 20 per qp.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I should note during my last visit to the city last December, I was unable to get any real
"piff". Right now it seems Purps and Kushes are all the rage, and the only haze I could get was harvested early and moist. I'm sure the real deals still out there, but there seems to e an increasing amount of imitations.

Custy price for an ounce is about $450.
Wholesale price $350ish.
Custy price on a pound, 5.5K
Wholesale 5K and less.

This of course, can vary with batches. Some batches are not done as good and are discounted. Some are considered better than most and a little more money.

Also, beware of the bait and switch. It's the oldest trick and most used one. You'll cop a $20 bag and it will be covered in silver trichromes. When you go to ask for an ounce or more of "this herb" sometimes you'll get bought a lesser quality haze. It will often smell the same etc, but you need to check the product. And don't fall for doing this transaction on the street where they'll tell you, "Don't open that shit here man! The block is flaming! It's all good." No it's not. LOL!

Don't fall for the old, "Oh you don't trust me?" bullshit. "No. I don't trust anyone, sorry."

Of course if you're looking to cop weight watch yourself. It's best to have a contact and know someone before you head up there with a few thousand dollars. Even better is to know someone with an apartment you can hang out and look at the product.

There are REALLY good bags of Puday (fire fire Piff) available on the corner of 143rd and Broadway. There's a fried chicken spot on the corner you should try as well. Leg and biscuit for 99 cents. You can't beat that. With the nice weather, there will surely be some pleasant young fellows rolling up Dutch masters on the stoops on 143rd. They aren't going to hurt you. They just want your 20 $ bills. And they'll give you little bags of piff for them... Go!

FtWendy - Leave your condescending attitude at home... ;)

FtWendy

:laughing: Roger that FB - I apologize for how my attitude comes across in writing. Its a problem I have.

cheers on the info, boss.
ftw

Wow you really know the NY market frank . I'mma gonna have to go get me som Fried Chicken and Piff!

So this stuff isn't available in seed? just stuff like it????

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
I grew a Malawi Gold x Colombian Gold last year, that during flower had a very sweet perfumy incense smell, like opening a drawer that has incense sticks in it. It reminded me alot of some of the best NYC haze I've had, but it was missing something. It also had a lemon citrus smell that the NYC haze didn't have.

British Hempire told me I had the cg pheno, and I've heard cg is responsible for the incense smell, so the lemon comes from the Malawi.

Anyway like I said something was still missing from it having a complete piff smell. The indica musk. That leads me to also believe that it is an old NL x cg dominant haze.

I've had countless Mexican nlxhaze buds that had the piff taste and high to the T. it's a very popular commercial Mexican strain that isn't shit, and well grown and harvested. There's rarely any seeds. Maybe 20 per qp.

This girl, although a White Widow x Bubblegum cross, shows ALL those fine Church/Old Wood/Incense aromas. Reeks of cat piss during vegetative also... strong BO smell.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=13689&pictureid=275762

I guess genetics work in mysterious ways...

SleepingLion

yo man wish someone from Florida or georga can drop in and tell us what it is shit is floating around from them areas and it makes there way to the grand city big apple.i know my game just cant get the cut and its not dominicans that got this cut to usa it was jamiacans brought seeds to florida and its a clone only now.shit is a beautiful smell man! cant stop smelling it

I spent the last year living in Florida, and I was not impressed. I greatly appreciate quality outdoor so I thought I would be happy, but I mostly found myself turning down mid-grade and smoking wet and improperly cured bud of moderate-high quality. That is not to say there wasn't the occasional very high quality herb, but it was expensive and not always available. I am sure there is great weed somewhere in FL, as there is literally everywhere, but I was unimpressed coming from a western state where we could buy medical quality bud for the same or less than some improperly dried herb in FL.

I am not a Florida native, but I spent a year really exploring the offerings throughout the state and these are my findings.

rambone

I spent the last year living in Florida, and I was not impressed. I greatly appreciate quality outdoor so I thought I would be happy, but I mostly found myself turning down mid-grade and smoking wet and improperly cured bud of moderate-high quality. That is not to say there wasn't the occasional very high quality herb, but it was expensive and not always available. I am sure there is great weed somewhere in FL, as there is literally everywhere, but I was unimpressed coming from a western state where we could buy medical quality bud for the same or less than some improperly dried herb in FL.

I am not a Florida native, but I spent a year really exploring the offerings throughout the state and these are my findings.

if you're not a local you're not getting the kind buds plain and simple, except maybe in the bigger college towns

CHURCH PIFF

mmmmmmmmm i have a serious fetish for this shit

i haven't had any real deal church in a longg time but i'd still say hands down my favorite strain, the best herb i ever smoked in my entire life, out of hundreds and hundreds of strains

to those of you that haven't experienced this, its sorta a thing of legend. if you haven't had your hands on it, or been around it.. you don't get what all the hype is about. it's the most unique smelling smoke on the exhale, you always catch it in the air at shows... smells like frankensence or sandalwood.. very spicey, church basement smell

man this thread has me going nuts

FL has some amazing growers, but the good stuff is being shipped out and kept. Anything or most anything you buy in FL not having really good conects is going to be W-E-T WET. SO much so that it will make you angry. However, you can still dry it yourself, but take a huge weight loss.

Try meeting people in Miami and if you can make it all the way down, Florida City. But watch out down there, FL City is no joke if you are an outsider. Also, up in Orlando you can get lucky because of the HUGE influx of tourists, dealers are more aggresive and easier to find. Hang out in the strip clubs along Orange Blossom, but again, be fucking careful down there...

The Swamp Critters will get ya...

I'm still regrouping after my issues. I WILL release seeds of this one day. I have 2 phenotypes. I've been saying it for at least 2 years already, but these things take time. Give me 10 more months...

~ART