What's new

"NYC Piff"

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
picture.php

shaman369

hey just wondering if ever im going to find this elusive strain/pheno looking forward to hatching my frankies incense haze maybe it will be in there

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
used to see "piff" being passed around alot.
now?
not so much.

hear the name a lot....
but, its not the same as i remembered it from the 90s.

last i heard, which was a long time ago, was that the dominicans in the BX were the ones holding the real deal.....

anyone in the (real) know, know if that was, or still is, the case?

-cap

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nah, I typed some other shit, and just edited it to saying just piff lol.... Swear you could delete posts in the past, now you cant...
Those are the Oaxacan X NigerianMangoHaze f3 i made.... I got 300+ that look that healthy, I cant fucking wait to pop them because all the girls and boys on the Haze side was spot on good piff... rotted fruit with the sweetness replaced with musky incense.... woody incensey gem..Firey red hairs.... I cant wait to spread the love... I'm ordering some Nevil's Haze, Mangohaze IBL, g13haze to compare before I decide Ive truly found piff in its loudest form (because otherwise I already have).

Shortly after I harvested those seeds I lost everything I had literally, my plants, my dearest family member ive been with my entire life, my house.... Everything except my seeds.. Now im basically starting from scratch wishing I could grow, but its looking like I either have to rent my own place, or risk losing my new home & job to do a stealthy microgrow. All I can do now is basically save up, collect seeds, and prepare for when the time comes I can grow again... Wish I didn't miss outdoor season, I coulda made it happen if I wasnt so cloudy minded from all the trauma but.... I was pretty much in la la land for months.

vanilla dutch

piff/haze

piff/haze

just harvested some sam the skunkmans original haze x skunk. all purple haze smell taste. the skunk pheno was only a slight smell after the cure and maybe stature. other than that very hazey.thankx

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200415_121055.jpg
    20200415_121055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 58

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
im confused.

does "piff" = "haze" and "haze" = "piff"
these days?

sounds to me that the waters are getting muddied.
last I knew, by actually buying NYC "piff" in Manhattan (BX/Harlem,) "piff" was a "type" of "haze" and the terms weren't interchangeable.
Ive had the uptown piff and ive had all kinsd of hazes (sam/greenhouse/ace/etc etc etc), and, in my understanding, they were easily discernable from one another (as different types of smoke/smells/tastes)

not to get into any pissing contests.....just trying to share my experience and try and keep up with whats going on. Because, I was under the impression, from personal experience, that piff is a type of haze. not all encompassing.

my how times change....

-cap

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
no doubt, vanilla ice. I get it.
Just my opinion, for sure, but, it looks to me like there are many out there that call the haze "seedline" "piff"

I agree "piff" is a selection, or pheno, if you will, of haze, but, like I stated...
I see a LOT of people substituting the term "piff" for the haze "seedline."
Kind of like how people simply use the "haze" term to describe pure sativa, or sativa dominant plants.

Did that make sense?

-cap

vanilla dutch

absolutely and you would be correct. loud gas pack all mean good quality top shelf herb.. piff purp haze church all are talking about purple haze in one way or another.. original haze nevilles haze super silver haze.. same thing

vanilla dutch

it makes alot of sence. and you would be correct haze piff church incense all purple haze different phenos. the goal is to get one youve had. gas loud pack platty all words to describe top shelf cannabis. original haze super silver haze nevilles haze mango haze. same thing.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Old licorise anise pheno .pretty good bud to have from nyc.a bit pricier than normal but up there with the best

That sounds like a Durban Poison. Had a great Durban pheno once of some Early Durbans, a bit racy herb, I miss it now ^_^
I can't quite 100% like the MNS La Niña scents, there's something nauseating about it, and I like the pukey, breath chems and such, it's just a wierd smell, must try it again, the Moby Dick is better in taste imo. Maybe in the Black, Nevilles or Afghan Hazes there's something more to my liking