What's new

Nutrients and Additives (UK)

cannaboy

I tried it too and never again. The soil It really is organic and unsteralized I got jungle plants in my pots,, cashback,,
It will have to be the shit for me to buy that much extract,, it better last a while too,,

I have brewed biobizz soil before with some similar slop results to Guanokalong extract but better flavour I'm gonna get me a bottle to herb but a 1 ltr as I had to get some more rez's today got some 30ltr pots for the tent been mixing my Guanokalong all mix pro pluss and cuban and peruvian guanos in the hopper for potting tomorrow,,

theherbalizor

Veteran
I have only ever used it in COCO. And the first time I used it I got 20lts free. And I used it from beginning of flower to the start of flush. In the last few weeks it was going in at 1lt per 14lts of feed!!!

BEST tasting SSSDH I have ever tried and grown. Also amazing lookng buds, so full of bobbly calyxes.

I notice on the bottle that the app rates have changed. It used to say from 10-100ml / L in flower. Now it says 10-30ml. So I will go at their recommendations.

Strange stuff, got virtually no smell. Looks like a slightly dirtied water.

cannaboy

I'm sure it will be a good product I been looking at some of the Maxicrop other products has anyone checked out there website??

yes herbs..were you ge that from?? ..ive been trying to source budswell from canada/usa same stuff to a certain degree

Ive used most base nutes on the market but now resort to maxi seaweed (very early stages),canna coco a&b, ionic or hammerhead (AN have stopped doing the 4ltrs bottles and charge for 1ltrs CUNST) thats why i've moved to ionic, also use ripen when i remember..always have calmag aswell,defo goner look at silicates in coco now as i use to use in hydro all the time ;)..I find ripen usually makes it swell and after 7 days it will fall over more so than normal and adds flavour and you'll the result fast...

great info funky...im tempted to try your mix for hammerhead as i swear by it ..i really like it..thanks

funkymonkey

I've looked high an low for budswel in the past, never found anywhere that sells it. You're stuck to a choice of Guanakalong or No Mercy Liquid Guano I think, there was a third brand I saw once, I forget what it was now.

The Hammerhead recipe works, I made some and used my old Hammerhead bottle to store it, looks and works the same as the Hammerhead, which isn't surprising as it is a direct copy and with only two basic salts in it, it's not a complex formula to copy.

I use seaweed all the way through flower until I start flushing as it has a ton of trace elements, vitamins and aminos and I find all of those beneficial, also it has a nice kick of K in it as well, not sure of the exact NPK as I've seen both 1-0-5 and 2-1-5 quoted before.

I've never used calmag, I have epsom salts and calcium nitrate in powdered form so I just use those, the calcinit is 20% N so I don't use it past midflower, and only seen calcium def once, mag def is more common and a wee bit of Epsom salts cures that.

Thanks for the tip on Ripen, as soon as I can afford to buy a bottle I will. I spent the last of my pennies on some spidermite control.

funkymonkey

Yup, I know someone who bought a load of organics from the US he couldn't find here and the shipping was 100 quid, utterly mental!

theherbalizor

Veteran
I got my Guanokalong extract direct from Ecotechnics... hence the cheaper price. I think that is was 20lts should sell for!!!

Between our little collective we have enough orders to start our own trade accounts with suppliers. We have even got ourselves a unit to retail from but we are just using this to store all the free nutes we are getting sent. Loads of plagron goodies and Bcuzz stuff( which I snagged, lol).

I you lot are anything like us lot you are just wasting money by using grow stores. Get together, start your own private growshop. The savings are massive. I just got another 8 strip t5 Lightwave for £90 in vat. They are £199 at growell atm.

funkymonkey

90 for an 8 tube is cheap indeed. I just built a 4 tube one using ballasts I got cheap on ebay and it still cost me 40 plus another few quid for the tubes.

cannaboy

Buying pallets is more my style like 1/4 price.. Were on it ages ago herb are you not on the cell max?? that's there new thing Ecotechnics are the Atami reps for uk as well.. hoime delivery you know if you treat people it goes even further herb..

cellmax is 15+ years old and never advertised,, the bollocks for opps,,, Ecotechnics these guys don't nickle and dime...

The boss is on a new thing,,, gonna be serious,, Mabe a test run is in order soon.... he will break into the mainstream with this product,, Its sick, don't pay for kit,,,,,,

Oh yeah they make all the kit and do propper product testing unlike no other,,,,,, on FAT GROWS!! cycle after cycle to test it propper not in little boys tents,,

Scrogerman

Veteran
Scroggerman-i've never had Ripen cause hermi's. ATM i have some plants at 9 1/2weeks-they have been getting Ripen for about 3weeks now-not massive doses because i drastically underfed the plants in bloom but they had another ec1.5 feed last night. There are no male flowers in the room

here's a pic of some AK a couple of nights ago-you can see the crown of white pistils-thats the Ripen

and here's some ssh foxtails that i snapped last night just for the hell of it

cheers
eddieS

Hey Eddie bro,
Yeah right, thats interesting. Maybe your nute & addy programme is doing this. Like i said ive used the stuff for years & its always done what its supposed to do. I always see Calyx swell & a flush of ripening, never have i seen new growth, maybe stuff pushing through that was already coming through. Ripen is designed to Stress plants into finishing/Ripening, ime it stresses the plants to bits man, really forcing them to finish off & has always done so for me(so much stresss i see nanners with high dose & prolonged use). Its always served its purpose of finishing/ripening very fast & ive always seen its effects immediatlely(within 2-3 days). maybe other users of GHRipen can chime in & give their experience with it. Im running it this time too, maybe in 2 weeks or so's time. I'll be using it for 7 days before my final 7 day flush. Ive only ever used it in DWC & NFT btw.
Thanks for your input bro! ;)

Where's all you GHRipen users out there?

im going to try some superbud from dutch masters a friend gave me a couple of bottles. it produces quicker flowering sites. crap he finishes in 6 1/2 week

funkymonkey

Throw that Superbud away, it's bad stuff. It was withdrawn from sale because it was discovered that it contains paclobutrazol which is a plant growth regulator that is not safe for use on any plant you are going to eat or smoke, it is intended for use on ornamental plants, trees and shrubs. There is strong evidence that it can be carcinogenic, also it ruins the quality of your buds, all in all, you shouldn't use it.

There is a comprehensive analysis of Paclobutrazol by the UK govt regulatory body here:

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/psd_pdfs/Evaluations/142_paclobutrazol.pdf

Read it if you doubt what I say, it killed a load of rats in the tests.

cannaboy

picture.php

picture.php

Going to pot up today..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

STUPPA

Throw that Superbud away, it's bad stuff. It was withdrawn from sale because it was discovered that it contains paclobutrazol which is a plant growth regulator that is not safe for use on any plant you are going to eat or smoke, it is intended for use on ornamental plants, trees and shrubs. There is strong evidence that it can be carcinogenic, also it ruins the quality of your buds, all in all, you shouldn't use it.

There is a comprehensive analysis of Paclobutrazol by the UK govt regulatory body here:

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/psd_pdfs/Evaluations/142_paclobutrazol.pdf

Read it if you doubt what I say, it killed a load of rats in the tests.

Believe it or not they do actually use it on edible crops , mainly used on fruit trees to incease the number of fruiting sites and keep it compact , you cannot take fruit of the trees and eat for 1-2 years after it is applied tho . It can be used on perennials but not annies like canna.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
im going to try some superbud from dutch masters a friend gave me a couple of bottles. it produces quicker flowering sites. crap he finishes in 6 1/2 week

In case the others have not put you off yet, please do not... Avoid at all costs... I still get jiveass dissing from a mate about introducing him to this crap 10 odd years ago when it came out.

I got my Guanokalong extract direct from Ecotechnics... hence the cheaper price. I think that is was 20lts should sell for!!!

Between our little collective we have enough orders to start our own trade accounts with suppliers. We have even got ourselves a unit to retail from but we are just using this to store all the free nutes we are getting sent. Loads of plagron goodies and Bcuzz stuff( which I snagged, lol).

I you lot are anything like us lot you are just wasting money by using grow stores. Get together, start your own private growshop. The savings are massive. I just got another 8 strip t5 Lightwave for £90 in vat. They are £199 at growell atm.

I used to get some things direct form Fargro in Littlehampton, the main Grodan distributors for S England, maybe they have tightened up and will not deal with us now, there always a bit of a funny atmosphere when Canna growers started popping up in Glasshouse Horticulture wholesalers, never Account, always cash... but 1" rockwool cubes worked out at 50p a tray when shops were selling them for 7 quid each. IIRC the 3" are even cheaper still compared to the shop prices, likewise Slabs, you just have to buy a box.

Has anybody tried Hydrotops since he has been back ? His Bactivator was very popular, seemed to inoculate against a lot of potential problems [root rot/Pythium, bud rot] and also the FFF, Fully Formed Flowers, another very interesting Bacteria that seems to spark real boosted growth in Flower... People who really know their stuff were reporting very good results with this and I never really got to test it out as the company went tits up shortly after.

Dr. D

Veteran
Herbalizor can you post up whatever info you have on the Bactivator and FFF, iv been interested in a good friendly bacteria to use and except for the Canna actrivator which is trichoderm and a tenner for ten grams iv found nothing of interest..

Iv used some mychorrizae i bought from the garden centre went really far you use it when repotting, it was in a granule form. It seemed to colonise the roots but not for long, maybe it needed more applications to keep it going but i was unsure if it would work or not adding it in the nutrient solution.
I also read its only any good for in the ground outside as it doesnt stay alive in pots...? Iv tried googling info on mycho but never come up with anything specific, usually about trees...

theherbalizor

Veteran
I only live a short distance from Fargro. Perhaps I will have to pop along. I have a chilli farm so no worries getting bits.

Hydrotops have never actually stopped production. They just went back to only supplying their first store. Nu Green in Birmingham. Where in lies the problem as Nu Green will not ship.

Now I am just starting a small account to supply my growstore and hopefully a few of you guys if needed.

I will let you know in due coarse. He is just analysing my water atm.

And Stuppa has been using the Hydrotops range, Chaos. Here is a link

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=185237

biOpOnic Bac tivator
Bactivator is 100% organic bio-stimulation and the natural
foundation of a healthy hydroponic system.
By recreating the conditions found in a good rich organic
topsoil Bactivator offers unrivalled bio-stimulation leading to
enhanced, compact vegetative growth and profuse flower and
fruit production.
Bio-stimulation in Nature can be observed in the symbiotic
relationship between beneficial bacteria and fungi and the root
system of their host plant.
The colonisation at the root zone by these beneficial
microbes directly stimulates cellular function and root growth.
Additionally, Bactivator provides a natural microbial defence to resist fungal infections by pre-emptive consumption of
their food sources,which in turn increases resistance to pest attack.
Bactivator is supplied as two components:
The first is a unique blend of over 40 carefully selected and
cultured beneficial microbes and fungi in a latent state specially
blended with amino acids and extracts of Fulvic and Humic acid.
The blend will remain in this state indefinitely.
The microbes in Bactivator attach themselves to the root hairs
and take the waste products from root functions and convert
them into usable plant nutrients to ensure nutrient and oxygen
assimilation remain at optimal levels at all stages of crop growth.

The second component is a liquid blend of plant hormones,
enzymes, amino acids and microbial catalysts designed to stimulate
root function and sustain the microbial culture during the initial
stages of inoculation.
A healthy, well developed root system will result in increased
nutrient assimilation and growth rate.
Bactivator should be added to the nutrient tank on a weekly
basis to maintain good microbial balance at the root zone.
Bactivator can be used in conjunction with any nutrient to
enhance biologic reactions at the root zone.
However, for the best result, we recommend using as part of
the HYDRoToPS biOpOnic, biOlOgic or Original Nutrient Programme.
If you have not used Bactivator before and you have a root
infection, we recommend double dosing with (activated)
microbes only.
Activate microbes (2 doses in 500ml tepid / 25°C water and
stand for 30 mins)
Add immediately to nutrient solution Important: do not add catalyst in this application.
For more in-depth information on hydroponic, soil and root
damage applications please refer to Bactivator User Guide Sheet,
supplied in every Bactivator tube.
Bactivator is a 100 percent Biologically Active Organic Product
for use in hydroponic and soil growing.
biOpOnic Bactivator is available in 10 & 25 dose packs.

Fully Formed Flowers - triple F

triple F has proven itself to be probably the best floral stimulation
product available for both traditional soil-based and hydroponic
growers. Developed and tested over several years, triple F
never fails to surprise even the most experienced of growers with
the results of using this 100% organic floral stimulant.
Rather than applying chemical morphogenic agents to induce
and enhance floral response triple F is based on the natural symbiosis
of carefully selected microbes with your plant’s root system.
This natural symbiosis triggers flowering site receptor signalling
and directly increases nutrient assimilation at the correct time to
produce profuse flowers and fruit, with Increases in yield of up to
50%. Full application instructions included in every pack. Suitable
for use in all methods of hydroponic and soil based growing.
Available in 125ml , 250ml and 500ml packs