What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients and Additives (UK)

Cloneman

Veteran
Nice one hazy, i got mine from The Range £2.99 a bottle, one for the indoor garden and one for the outdoor

61rOyWHD8DL._SL1024_1024x1024.jpg

RudeDog

Veteran
Went to the grow shop to get some organic PK for my greenhouse plants and the lad asked if I needed any rhizotonic. When I said I have never used it he said "wow". Is there an advantage to using it? I just use Canna A & B with PK in coco indoors then flush with water and molasses.

Do you use the liquid seaweed in coco Hazy?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Went to the grow shop to get some organic PK for my greenhouse plants and the lad asked if I needed any rhizotonic. When I said I have never used it he said "wow". Is there an advantage to using it? I just use Canna A & B with PK in coco indoors then flush with water and molasses.

Do you use the liquid seaweed in coco Hazy?
Yes in coco,, rhizotonic is good but basically the same as liquid seaweed as are most root stimulators,, most of them contain seaweed.

RudeDog

Veteran
Thanks Hazy...I use Maxicrop a lot in the greenhouse and on my allotment. The allotment shop sells Maxicrop for £4.50 a litre, will start using right away.

Green81

Veteran
So with the liquid seaweed. Whats the max rate per litre of water are people using?
H&G roots excullerator spll? Im using 3ml per 10 litres.
Does anyone use this in the normal rez? Or separate reservoir due to the messiness of the stuff especially for irrigation drip lines....

Big thanks

G81

RudeDog

Veteran
Am using 1/2 a mil per litre. Old boy down the the allotment said to make your feed the colour of weak tea, seems about right. Has worked wonders on a mutant SSSDH seedling I have. I'm hand-watering in coco.

Green81

Veteran
Am using 1/2 a mil per litre. Old boy down the the allotment said to make your feed the colour of weak tea, seems about right. Has worked wonders on a mutant SSSDH seedling I have. I'm hand-watering in coco.

Thanks rudedog. Are you adding A & B with the maxicrop and then ph'ing?

Thanks man....:biggrin:

Blazeee

Veteran
Has anyone ever used this product before, its called Sulphur Rose.

I want to try and use it as an alternative to micronized / wettable sulphur , to spray and treat for broad / russet mites indoors. Ive noticed in the reviews many people are saying the product leaves a residue on the leaves after spraying, which im assuming is the sulphur.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Green81

Veteran
Has anyone ever used this product before, its called Sulphur Rose.

I want to try and use it as an alternative to micronized / wettable sulphur , to spray and treat for broad / russet mites indoors. Ive noticed in the reviews many people are saying the product leaves a residue on the leaves after spraying, which im assuming is the sulphur.

Any info would be much appreciated.

View Image

Easy Blazee, have you read this article?

https://www.therosesociety.org.uk/sulpur-and-roses/

Their Stress is a good product, monosilicic acid with B vitamins. expensive but potent.

The Boost works out 4 X better value for money than Cannas.

Thanks, have you tried their root shoot ? I keep hearing loads of good things about it. Another new UK
company is chemgen, heard or know anything their about products ?

SacrosanctSensi

Thanks, have you tried their root shoot ? I keep hearing loads of good things about it. Another new UK

Ah yes the Root Shoot is very good I knew I must have been missing one. I have about 30ml of H&G Root Excellurator left and then I'll be using this myself. I've already put several of my friends on it with great success. I heard straight from the Monkeys mouth that Root Shoot replaces both H&G metal bottles (roots and amino treatment).

I haven't seen or used any of the Chemgen products up close yet ILW but I will have a look into them at work today.

SacrosanctSensi

The Chemgen looks interesting. They're going down the plant hormones route with their additives which I think is like Vita Link.

The Chemgen looks interesting. They're going down the plant hormones route with their additives which I think is like Vita Link.

Sorry for late reply. I'm in the same boat regarding the H&G and waiting on a bottle to run out. I think i'm going to look into Chemgen a little more as ive never tried any Vita Link products

coxnox

Veteran
hi guyz,

actually i still use canna cogr vega/flores + silicic acid +epsom(when needed) in a ebb & flow with rockowwol cubes.
i see a lot of you using yara stuff or similar product, im trying to get of the bottle too, i just get some yara calcinit, kristlon brown and some mkp, how yu use it ? i see a lot of differant recipe here and there.