What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NOVEMBER 2007 - CANNABIS CUP & OTHER EVENTS

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Yeah, each passing day seems to go a little slower knowing that in less than two months I'll be making the pothead pilgrimage. Kinda like going to the titty bar for the first time. Can't wait to get there, just about coming out of your skin type feeling. Itchy really.

See ya'll there.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks ronley :wave:

are you going,if not il see you at the 420

it looks like there will be quite a few of us ic'ers out there for the cup,no doubt with some of the best herb

we will have to wait and see

Last edited:

memetic

^lol, hope he has his "i'm ojd" t-shirt on :D
the idfa has some great looking docs showing.... his big white self looks like it will be pretty interesting & black gold.... 4 elements! damn there's so many.... if i do get out there for the fest i guess i gotta swing by the cup.

is there an alternative to purchasing the judges pass for 200? like for those homies who just wanna check out the main show or some of the smaller stuff?

G

POST #420...! I am more concerned with the Exhange rate...!

POST #420...! I am more concerned with the Exhange rate...!

Truly, the Judge's pass is worth 200USD.... Just think of it as 150E, and it won;t seem so high.... (That exchange rate is gonna kill us, this year.)

Shyster GWBush-leaguer, sacrificing our currency and reputation for the duration of recorded time, with blatant lies, omissions, and deceptions, so he can look 'good' going out. The dollar is now toilet paper. No improvement in sight, it may be 1.5USD / euro, or worse by November. I believe that is what brought fares down under the 700USD level. Americans cancelling plans due to a crappy exchange rate.

I DO digress, apologies.

One can purchase day passes to the Expo, 2 of the 3 first days.... The shows, and awards presentations, I don;t think so.

Last edited:

JBIG420

hey that kinda brings up something I just posted on their forum and thought I would ask you all what you would think about it

unfortunately most people agree that they only will vote for the place giving away the most free stuff, and that has brought a terrible element to the cannabis cup... making the winners usually also the shops that advertise/give away the most herb - and not always the "BEST" herb wins.

maybe selling "JUDGES PASSES" is misleading... as it mostly cost so much not because they need to provide strains for you to judge but rather they have to rent out the venus for the ceremonies and concerts and expo. I think people would still buy tickets to the ceremonies (expecially if they got bigger name performers) and in general they would be more understanding if they understood more clearly what they were paying for.

ALSO, I bet HT could make a package for judges that DID include a half gram from each shop and some people would pay for it in addition to event admission. (others would just choose one or the other) I bet MOST of the shops would go NUTS for an opportunity like that.

would you guys be into say paying for each event at the door, or maybe a lump rate for all the events&expo (maybe at a 10% discount from the door rates) and then having the option of also buying a judges pass and the price of that would also give you a 1/2 gram for free if you visit each shop (or if they could give it in a package that would be perfect)

also....

THANKS for the infor about the documentary festival
so, I am new to this... what are the BEST films this year?
also

idfa is one film fest, and I assume thats the one everyone is talking about above
what about the shadow festival? any good films from that?

also...
TTT for any other things going on... including a ICMag meetup maybe... ideas?

G

could someone explain how it works as in do i have to be a judge to get in the cup?
can't i just sample starins without giving my opinion? do i have to share joints with people? the price is crazy, how much weed do you get for that price? i should be visitng Dam a couple weeks before the cup does anyone know if the quality of smoke tends to go up or down prior it? being as the coffeeshops in competition with eachother.

Last edited:

JBIG420

real quick version (for the long version check out my MySpace group, there is a thread in there with all kinds of details about the cup etc)

DOES A PASS GIVE YOU FREE WEED
YES BUT very little free weed, but does get you into ALL cup events. If you want free samples, you do have the option of using your pass to get into expo every day and simply partaking in the many free bonghit/vaporizer booths in addition to free joints and other things going around. The Expo is good for buying new gadgets and getting to sample free strains and maybe even checking out a cannabis related talk show type of thing but isn't too much fun outside of those things. the cost of the judges pass is representative of what they would charge for admission to the Expo, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Parties, Concerts and anything else they put on. free weed is simply given out by coffeeshops trying to win (they also give free hash but very little) and this is also true for the expo, but also free joints during the talk shows and what not

DO YOU NEED A JUDGES PASS TO SAMPLE THE WEED
No you don't. During the time when the cup is going on (and after but not usually before) all the same strains entered into the "cannabis cup" portion of the event are available to anyone at their respective coffeeshops.

WHY DO YOU NEED A JUDGES PASS THEN?
to get into the cup events, and to be able to vote. also some shops give judges free stuff (like some free weed and hash but like I said, very little) also last year they gave grinders and other related things.

G

JBIG has got some real good ideas..... It could get a bit confusing if all the nightly parties were pay at the door. But, for some, it may be more important to go see a Big Name Musical Act, if it falls on the same night, rather than some dude strummin' on guitar, singing songs he composed while waiting for the summer crop to finish...!

I imagine that all the possible things to do would end up costing way more than 200USD.....

But, getting samples, well that is the only logical way, unless ones' desire is to get all the stoners on daily pilgrimages, spending money all over the City on Various sweets, baked goods, coffee, and gewgaws.....

Hmmmmmmmm, if we did have all the samples at once, AMSTERDAM would make less tax revenue...! These things are not lost on the Dutch, you can bet on that....

JBIG420

ahhh... but i got an answer for that too.

You see the cup process could still remain the same...

Now, of course it would be ideal to go pickup your judges pass and get a package with all the samples and everything, but then you run into some other problems and the problem of keeping all that herb in one place may simply make it impossible at the basic concept...

BUT

what if the Judges Pass (instead of getting you into the events) also gave you a free sample at each shop. BUT you must enter the shop and show your pass to get it.

Each shop would have a list showing everyone's judges pass number, you show your pass and they find you on the list and cross each one off as they give away each half gram. Then you also have the option of buying more stuff just like it is now, but people will at least get free weed like they bitch and moan about not getting every cup. You still got people having to go to the shops, and you may even have MORE going because they wanna get all their free crap they paid for. The places that want to buy the cup can still give away more stuff when you come in to get your free half gram, so it may not be that much more fair of a process but hey we can't fix everything... some people will still like that part anyway

They can do the door price admission or sell a slightly discounted pass for events and call it the EVENTS PASS. Seems like I got all the bases covered if you ask me.

also wanted to point out I am suggesting they charge MORE for the cup passes, but as it is now you have to buy your own weed. If you don't want to buy that much herb but you want to attend the events you would still be able to buy an EVENTS pass and it would probably cost a little less than the Judges Pass costs now. Then you would have the people who don't want to go to the events but want as much weed as possible, so they buy the JUDGES PASS and they get the free samples from each shop. It would cost probably close to what the Judges Pass costs now. Now for those people who want to have the most weed and go to all the events, well they would have to buy both and at first that seems more expensive until you think about how much buying your own herb from each shop costs in addition to the Judge's Pass... say 20 shops at 10E each, thats 200E... and we all know it would be more than that even when buying your own. So the price of both passes would actually end up being a discount from what you spend now buying the 1 pass and getting your own herb

anyone from High Times listening to this? damn I hope so...

Last edited:
G

JBIG...! JBIG....! JBIG...!

At a half-a-gram per shop, it would not be that much costlier, all told... Great idea. The pass maybe goes up to 300USD, and I am still saying it is a great deal.. Arjan's pack is worth a good deal regardless, I simply could not do without my Bobblehead, Not kidding.

And I wear the Black Arjan's Haze baseball cap everywhere, fits like a glove. Most brilliant, Mega-Marketer that Da Man is, it looks like a Law enforcement insignia, but it is a blurb for the Greenhouse strain.

Can you tell that I am XXX-cited again, to go to Da Damn Dam.....?

I hope High Times is listening too... JBIG is closing the door on a new improved C Cup, 2008. IMHO.

All we need is the Sound Factory back. Or get the Paradiso. Right, then we woke up.

JBIG420

haha... yeah this whole idea is a dream really... I doubt we will see these changes despite how great I think they would be... haha...

oh one thing tho... you gotta have 2 passes... cause some people will want one and not the other, and that way those people will still be able to spend roughly the same as they do now but would have the choice of either getting into all the events for that price (like it is now) or being a judge and getting samples (the option people ALWAYS bitch about NOT having)

then for those of us who would pay more for both anyway, well we just buy both passes!

I think it would be not that hard, the coffeeshops already pay to be in the cup, maybe require they provide or have on hand a certain number of samples. How much could they possibly make off the entry fees to the shops? I bet they could sell WAY more passes if people knew they got free herb at the shops with it

damn... and then imagine having expo at SoundFactory and having the Gorillaz or somebody at the Paradiso... now that would be a great cup

Last edited:

JBIG420

****ING REDMAN WAS ANNOUNCED AS THE HEADLINE PERFORMER TODAY!

awesome... and if you know Redman you know he doesn't go anywhere alone... who will be with him? Method Man? Some of the WU TANG CLAN? Who knows?

this is going to be one HELL OF A CUP!

JBIG420

OH NO... even MORE STUFF NOW

I read today that on November 16th Van Morrison plays
then on the 19th Kanye West plays and a few days later Rhiana (or whatever) plays too

Kanye is a BIG BIG show... for those interested this is all being brought to you by THE HEINEKEN MUSIC HALL!

Latest posts

Latest posts