What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noticed any adverse effects of cannabis use?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Noticed any adverse effects of cannabis use?

yeah, my total lack of respect for law enforcement and elected officials who're willing to wage war on its innocent citizens.......

Jon 54

I smoked almost daily from 1973 thru 1990 than I lost all my connections and started to rely on drink. After three DUI's and a near fatal accident which left me partially disabled and while in the hospital I found out that I had Hep C. The doctors told me that if I kept the boozing up I would loose my liver and possibly my life I quit the drink in 2001 and went back to smoking. I never felt better but I have noticed that the stuff that I smoke today is a hell of a lot stronger than the smoke of the past. Jon 54 :thank you::thank you:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
I too started smoking da brick weed back about 1970.

Back then I was a wise ass and class clown who didn't finnish projects and was a scatter brain. Today they call it ADD.

Self medication at it finest.

Back about 2001, I quit tobacco and bought a grow light and my last quarter pound of commercial.

A couple years later I got a medical recamendation.

Now I'm that ol'dude with the crazy assed bud.

And I don't smoke tobbacco anymore.

Herbophile

I'm only 37 but I've been smoking pretty much non stop for 18 years but have now been smoke free for almost three weeks for an upcoming job/drug test. I can say over all I feel no better or worse than I did when smoking every day.

The weird thing for me is I get sleepy earlier and eat more when not smoking. One would think that would be the opposite. I'm a little more cranky too I guess. :D

stellblue

I'm not gonna tell you how old I am, but i've been smoking for a long time, longer than most mentioned here, and I have never seen any negative effects whatsoever. I am smart, sharp, I have a great short & longterm memory, excellent concentration, organization, and productivity, better at most things than just about anyone else I'm around. In fact, I'd love to test myself at a racetrack against anyone, straight or high, my reflexes are top notch and I'd love to test it.

The best thing about cannabis is that it helped me get off of the awful vicodin I was prescribed after foot surgery... it was awful & very painful, due to a genetic disorder I have the arch in my left foot was broken and fused together and now my foot is held together by a bunch of screws & pins. i was in a wheelchair for 3 months after the surgery. I was in terrible pain, but got off the vicious vicodin within 10 days of the surgery by using cannabis to amp up the pain effects of the pills thus needing less and less as time went on. I don't know how people get addicted to pills. They make you feel so sick and constipated! There's no comparison to my natural meds!

And, BTW, I regularly stop for a few weeks at a time for various reasons (mostly travelling) and never notice any ill effects or changes in my mood at all.

Last edited:

mrcreosote

Veteran
No problem using it or not using cannabis...

I will admit growing it has become somewhat addictive.

I need more seeds....MORE SEEDS!!

sso

Veteran
18 years of smoking cannabis and the only problem i find with it are the lunatics and idiots.

you know, the people that run the show. (and their dogs and supporters)

C

canon

Terrible stuff! Had to quit smoking ,,, almost (Gotta "sample" ya know).

98% of the grow goes to extracts.
Things like brownies, candies, elixers, ice hash BHO, etc.

That lead me down the road to a seriouse fettish!
I don't talk about it much, but it's seriouse because it seems rare as in only I have it.

Not quite sure when it even develpoed,, but it takes a lot of spare time.

I've got the dreaded "container craze!"
Containers for stash, hash, oils, trims, pots / saucers, tinctures, elixers, light bulb storage,
ALL sorts of containers! It's crazy. Then you "upgrade" and maybe go in a specific direction? Like hand blown antiques. Blue glass, etc.

It's a real sickness. Makes one hit all the flea and yard sales. Helpfull keeping a eye out for some fine fishing / hunting gear too.

I'll never have enough containers, nor of the right quantity / size / shape / etc. :woohoo:

Think I first tasted around '63-ish. :wave:

SacredBreh

This is a documentary about Cannabis by physicians.

This is a documentary about Cannabis by physicians.

This documentary is by physicians involved in long term studies about the effects of Cannabis on different aspects of health including effects on lung functions. A Pulmonologist or physician who specializes in lung diseases and illness is very good about dispelling some of the propaganda that is out there.

I am a healthcare professional and would recommend it to anyone concerned about the effects or know others who are concerned. I have read the actual study data and these are well controlled and managed studies.

One of the best most truthful I have ever come across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Md2WNqqxTQ&feature=fvst

Hope you find it helpful.

Peace

Herbophile

This documentary is by physicians involved in long term studies about the effects of Cannabis on different aspects of health including effects on lung functions. A Pulmonologist or physician who specializes in lung diseases and illness is very good about dispelling some of the propaganda that is out there.

I am a healthcare professional and would recommend it to anyone concerned about the effects or know others who are concerned. I have read the actual study data and these are well controlled and managed studies.

One of the best most truthful I have ever come across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Md2WNqqxTQ&feature=fvst

Hope you find it helpful.

Peace

I'm going to have to watch this later but I did browse through the comments a little bit. That Cindy lady sounds a little on the crazy side! :D

Bmw1000c

Skip (and anyone else having these issues)... you need to switch to sativas and cleanly grown sativas. "Stoned" is non-productive and comes from indica cannabinoid profiles.... just don't do it. You want to use indicas? Make topicals and rub them on your skin.

Get "high" with sativas and you'll increase your work performance... with the right strain.

Switch to mainly edibles with only a little toking now and again.

I think i never smoked a real sativa before. But does it really really gives you more "energy"?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I have a friend who never did drugs off any sort. Then boom...pot, alcohol, shrooms and acid all in the same month, often together. He flipped. 15 yrs later and he is still on looney scripts. The point is moderation and that some people just shouldnt.
On the other hand, I also have a friend who is bi-polar and pot keeps the swings from getting outta control.
Everyones personal chemical balances (or imbalances) are different. Different things effect different people in different ways. cheers

T

that smell

I have smoked weed for 32 years now and have absolutely no adverse affects. During that time I have served in the army, obtained a degree ,had a beautiful kid and started a business. I cant think of another "drug" including alcohol that a person could say they used heavily and was able to accomplish these things. Pot threatens alot of very rich and powerful people and so the propaganda

philcollins

sometimes, i get really baked at night..and i go crazy on the munchies ..then pass out. I often wake up with the worst belly ache, from eating all the junk...and i have to poop urgently....but its difficult with morning wood.....so...that kinda sucks.

djonkoman

Veteran
I think i never smoked a real sativa before. But does it really really gives you more "energy"?

for me it does. few vapehits of a good sativa in the moring works far better as coffee to get awake in the morning
(I dont notice much from coffee tough)
and some weed can make ne forget all about sleeping at night, but that's an exception, most of the time it does give energy but you can sleep well on it too.
also a lot of dofferent sativa-effects, some activating in thoughts but you can still easily sit still but just think a lot, others have you cleaning the house(and then afterwards you realise how much you've done)

I've also had skunk #1 that also had a really activating racey effect but more in the body than in the mind

Nothing can F/up your life faster than heroin. Nothing can F/up your health faster than cigaretts. Marijuna use falls somewhere in between. However, if people would only toke it up on weekends, the health & lifestyle distractions of marijuna would be neglegible. But on a psychological front, marijuna reigns king.

LSD can seem to enhance perception. And it may be true, but done to excess, you'll have other problems. And they won't be pretty.

Chow.

Elsweeto

I've also had skunk #1 that also had a really activating racey effect but more in the body than in the mind

I have a very skunky looking bag seed just like this the mind buzz is light but I can walk 6/8 miles easy and still be out in the garden doing bits and pieces. smells like lime too. lucky bagseed I call her.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Nothing can F/up your life faster than heroin. Nothing can F/up your health faster than cigaretts. Marijuna use falls somewhere in between. However, if people would only toke it up on weekends, the health & lifestyle distractions of marijuna would be neglegible. But on a psychological front, marijuna reigns king.

LSD can seem to enhance perception. And it may be true, but done to excess, you'll have other problems. And they won't be pretty.

Chow.
LOL sorry... just had to laugh so I don't cry.
So many people... so much misinformation... so much misery and tradgedy because of it.

You sir have a lot to learn about cannabis.... real cannabis. Not the crap that most people call cannabis.

for me it does. few vapehits of a good sativa in the moring works far better as coffee to get awake in the morning
(I dont notice much from coffee tough)
and some weed can make ne forget all about sleeping at night, but that's an exception, most of the time it does give energy but you can sleep well on it too.
also a lot of dofferent sativa-effects, some activating in thoughts but you can still easily sit still but just think a lot, others have you cleaning the house(and then afterwards you realise how much you've done)

Yep! That's the sativa's I know. :D LOL
You just won't find them in most commercial setups... it lasts longer, gives you energy and keeps you super clear headed.... everything the govt does NOT want out of the population. I'm a firm believer in Indica's being a huge production killer for this nation. Take a look at the experiments the nazi's did to impact 'production' and the ability to think with a high enough function to be a problem for authority.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

worst effect of pot use was being happy going nowhere for 6 years w/o even realizing it. life passes you by.....fast

no physical effects. truly believe there are none. unless you smoke an ounce a day like bob marley

P

PermaBuzz

"The only regular health problem I get is fluid build-up in my middle ears. Sometimes I just have to leave the bong alone for a few days until my hearing returns to normal. Has happened a couple of times over the last three years." -post #54 from El Toker

I am having this same issue with my middle ear. Over the years, I developed a bad habit of trying to hold my cough instead of just letting the cough happen.
Holding my cough produced a sort of back pressure that helped propel the smoke through my eustachian tubes and into my middle ears.
Its not painful but its irritating as shit.

One I figured this out, I stopped trying to hold my cough and now just let it happen. Joints seem better than pipes in this regard. Pipes seem to produce a sort of "resonance frequency" that helps propel the smoke into my ears, weird I know. Taking smaller hits seems to help too. The condition got only a little bit better though. I was at an impasse.

Finally forced myself to quit completely for awhile. Havent voluntarily taken a break in over 12 years. Here I am now - looking at mason jars full of haze and not smoking it! Never thought it would happen. Thought about switching to vaporizing but have doubts because it seems like it wont have the same punch that smoking gives ya. Still, I think thats going to be the only solution for me besides edibles. Am looking forward to starting up again with a greatly depleted tolerance!