What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noticed any adverse effects of cannabis use?

supermanlives

Veteran
30 years of hardcore smoking with no ill effects. and my doctor has run all the tests. lungs are still good to go too

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yeah i have severe paranoia everytime i smoke weed. I START THINKING COPS ARE GONNA COME LOCK ME UP FOR BEING HAPPY!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my doctor has run all the tests. lungs are still good to go too

Same here , had a full run of tests with BUPA last year , lungs remarkably clean under a star trek style scanner.

The blood results were amuseing , consensus was its probably no worse than tobacco , but dont quote us on that.

G

greenmatter

negative effects ?????? yeah through smoking i have realized that all the negative shit i hear about weed is is bullshit ......... the bullshit spreaders would probably see that as a negative effect

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
ok none of you are going to believe this, people on weed message boards refuse to accept there could be anything bad about weed. But I have literally almost died from this fucking cyclic vomitting shit, a couple times

Sounds like you and the other dude are getting your meds from the same source. Or you're using the same products on your plants.

What's in the air in your area that's not being filtered out?
What's in the tap water?

Seriously.... It's not the cannabis.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

THC123

Veteran
well what i noticed since i quit weed 5 weeks ago, i am constantly sick

it seems like my immune system has gone down

been having this cold now that impairs me to do sports for almost 5 weeks now , and no medicine is helping, clogged nose , heavy head, teary eyes, dry throat , clogged sinusses , heavy lungs

cant wait to vape again , i'm sure it will pass then

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
Sounds like you and the other dude are getting your meds from the same source. Or you're using the same products on your plants.

What's in the air in your area that's not being filtered out?
What's in the tap water?

Seriously.... It's not the cannabis.

LOL, this is kind of response I expected on here. you have no idea. read some of those links. this is definitely a real thing. it needs more research, most doctors have never heard of it, probably underdiagnosed

Seriously... It's the cannabis. I really wish it wasn't but it is

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah every damn time your out in the country and see a barn behind a house you think what a nice spot that would be.

Every time you see a friends sick house plant you ask if they got any epsom salt.

If you do make the jump you live alone and have no visitors for it only takes one big mouth to ruin your day.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

So Cali does it better they say?

So Cali does it better they say?

Never found really clean meds till I moved to California... trying the crap from the non-med states again was a real eye opener.:

Black market drugs not clean enough homie? Someday I wanna try medical marijuana, it sounds amazing! Peace

WelderDan

Veteran
Sometimes smoking will cause a sudden drop in my blood pressure and if I stand up I'll hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

So I'm carefull about standing up and will sit back down if I feel the headrush coming on.

It really freaks your friends out when you go pale, your eyes roll up in your head and you fall down the steps.

And it is not related to potency. It's happend after smoking ditch weed as well as primo.

greenpinky

I am nowhere close to being an old stoner, but I have been smoking/vaping for like 8 years, probably 5 years of everyday use

ok none of you are going to believe this, people on weed message boards refuse to accept there could be anything bad about weed. But I have literally almost died from this fucking cyclic vomitting shit, a couple times

started happening about 4 years ago, but has gotten worse the last couple years, if I get sick for any reason, I get really sick, nonstop puking for what can be days, can't keep anything down, sometimes I eventually get better, or if I dont after like 2 days jI get dangerously dehyrdrated, have to go to hospital where they pump me up with fluids, and gravol or zofran and then I am usually better. this happened a few times a year for the last 4 years. best they could say is I had cyclic vomitting syndrome, which is a mystery condition basically

then this year I was at the hospital again, and the doctor mentioned it could maybe be caused by chronic marijuana use. OREALLY? I happen to consume more way weed than anybody I know. I was a heavy bong smoker for several years, mostly oil towards the end. then the last 3 years or so I have been vaping a lot of weed, and hash. and btw if you don't vape, it is like mainlining THC.

and apparently Im not the only person in my small city, when I was at the hosptital the nurse said there was another guy that would come in with the same problem as me, turned out he was also a heavy user (sounds like a cool guy :joint:)

there isn't much info on it, but it would appear I have a case of so-called Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. the compulsive bathing part I dont get, but maybe I am just too sick to stand up in the shower for long, haven't tried taking a bath to be honest. I refused to believe it at first, the hot bathing thing seemed too dumb. but then I read more into it...

couple interesting links:
I cant find some of the better ones I've read. did I mention the short term memory loss from vaping too much?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_hyperemesis_syndrome
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658859/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774264/
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090320102130.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120109102920.htm
http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=2877

so this really sucks. apparently too much smoking/vaping can be bad, if you're me anyway. so I am taking a break for a month or so... see if how I feel then. I probably shouldn't go back to what I was doing, pretty much constant vaping whenever I was home, its just so darn tasty though:blowbubbles:

Lol I would look into what ur eating first, u don't sound healthy if u get a little cold and it makes u do that.... bro u are what u eat.... all that bud will give out some wicked munchies. Mc donalds just got read of there pink slime.... I doubt ur a health nut like me I grow all my food and I fill the difference of not having pesticides or plastics in everything,,,, ya plastics bro PPM,s are in everything u eat........... sorry if I went off but got to look at the big picture

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
is it possible your body is sick of weed since you smoke so much to the point where you need to mainline to get high? maybe take a break, back in the old days we called that being burnt out, not hyper vomitosis or whatever medical term they gave vomiting a lot.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Ive found Cannabis definately causes irrational, sometimes psychotic thoughts and behaviour.....

....... in people who've never smoked it

W

wilbur

yep. I suffer fools less gladly and it's harder to breathe when I get up in the morning!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Sometimes smoking will cause a sudden drop in my blood pressure and if I stand up I'll hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

So I'm carefull about standing up and will sit back down if I feel the headrush coming on.

It really freaks your friends out when you go pale, your eyes roll up in your head and you fall down the steps.

And it is not related to potency. It's happend after smoking ditch weed as well as primo.

I get this same effect when using the meds from a couple local growers.... I quit getting anything from them.

My stomach issues went away too.

Might want to look into a different source....

The vomiting thing? Yeah... I read those reports and it's NOT the cannabis... It's what's being used on or to grow the cannabis. Perhaps it's an environmental thing.. I don't know.
What I DO know is that what you describe and what's listed in the articles is almost exactly what I've experienced myself.

I just quit using meds like that before it went 'several years' and developed into the cyclic vomiting.

Matter of fact... I believe I have a neighbor with this condition and yep... their meds are seriously jacked, have been for years.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
thanks fer all the opinions guys

@green pinky. maybe I should have worded it better, just a little cold doesn't make me vomit. but if I happen to vomit for any reason it starts this cyclic vomiting. I could definitely eat better, exercise more etc but I dont think that is my main problem

@hydro soil. I dunno what could possibly be on or in my cannabis? I vape only my own outdoor, no pesticides or anything, minimal fertilizer. my grow partner vapes almost as much as I do, no problems.

2/3 of the last times I was sick, I happened to vape a bunch of bho that same day (and the other time I vaped more weed than usual). these 3 times were all weird and I vomited unexpectedly, things that would normally just make me feel a bit nauseated (1.overeating japanese food 2.playing hockey until I was dead tired 3. staying up all night shoveling snow) I am thinking it is the cannabinoid overload