What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not sure what the problem is...

Here is the answer to your problem in fine detail. Low humidity and problems associated with it.
Watch the video.
https://youtu.be/nnV1QUbBaNs

Okay, that definitely looks like it could be the problem,I don't have a humidistat up rn to know for sure, the question is what to do about it? Do I need to go buy a humidifier? Seems a little wild given it's like 98% humidity outside right now, didn't think my A/C could even get the humidity that low.

UPDATE: Up-potted the girls into makeshift grow bags (recycled cloth grocery bags) with Living Organic Soil, and hit them with a dose of ReCharge & some mycorrhizae...hoping to seem some improvement over the next few days, the chlorosis got pretty bad but there is ample new growth.

P.S.: They were definitely rootbound...

I'll keep you guys posted...

picture.php

These ladies are not recovering, at all, it seems...I have up-potted them, controlled for PH, VPD, fed some nutes (Alaska fish ferts) and they aren't responding and/or recovering...somebody help please before they are completely gone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

moses wellfleet

Veteran
It looks like they are in unsieved compost with large sticks and leaves, and it looks very dry! Or is that a mulch layer?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like we tried to tell you, the way you were going about things wasn't going to work.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362457

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=363756

I hate to say this, but I'm not surprised you're in the infirmary now. I read through this, and YOU STILL - have this snarky attitude that some how manages to assert you know what you are doing, even though your plants are dying.

I've read your threads for months now and have not once been able to get you to take a step back and re-access what you think you already know.

Ready yet? There were loads of people willing to help you in the organic soil forum if you lost the chip on your shoulder.

dank.Frank

Seems like we tried to tell you, the way you were going about things wasn't going to work.

Frank, please, show me what fucking advice I'm not following... please point it out, I literally followed the soil recipe you suggested and am not using the feeding schedule you said was shit and have followed every step of advice in here to bring these plants back, so what Frank, what the fuck am I not doing that you have obviously told me to do and I'm too arrogant to listen, I beg of you, show me, because I don't fucking see it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=163835&postcount=1

You post pictures of plants without answering the key elements asked for when starting a thread in the infirmary - forcing people to trouble shoot your situation out of left field.

When people attempt to give you a possible answer, simply because you've provided VERY little to go on, you get upset - get snarky - start the foul language...

I swear I just picture you as being like that rage face meme pounding away at the keyboard.

----------------

Reply with a REAL infirmary post - so we can actually help you. And brother, lose the attitude.

dank.Frank

G

Gauss

What are your temps and humidity levels, OP?

What is your lighting and distance from plants?

How often are you watering and how much?

What is your runoff PH?

What are your temps and humidity levels, OP?

75°F/68%RH

What is your lighting and distance from plants?

At the moment, two high output T5s and a 75 watt LED generic grow light (like they carry at the hardware store). At about 12"-18" from the canopy.

How often are you watering and how much?

I use a full gallon of Real Growers ReCharge on the six plants once every Sunday.

What is your runoff PH?

Haven't really been getting runoff to test since I switched to the bags.

G

Gauss

That's all within good parameters. My only general guess is the ReCharge is getting overdone, you really only need to innoculate the soil with a soil culture and then feed it. Maybe the kelp or something else in it is throwing things out of whack, too much of a good thing and all, but I've never used that product before to tell with any accuracy or even know the directions for use. Might be the iodine in the kelp, but again I don't know. I do know that a lot of ferts and amendments tend to recommend a heavier dose than is actually necessary or even sometimes healthy. I'm a fan of feeding with starches like oats instead of sugars like molasses and avoiding anything out of a bottle, but that's me.

My second guess would be a root pest or over watering. That is if your PH is on the money.

Last edited:
I've seen this often and it's usually the plant not getting enough aeration. Get rid of the mulch, you do not need it under that little light, it will barely give off heat so you don't have to worry about evaporation as much. It is also probably contributing to improper soil aeration.

Are those publix woven shopping bags I see? Do those drain or retain water? Water should drain right through an empty bag literally like a sieve. You want runoff, get water moving through the soil.

Mr. J

I don't understand all the contradicting advice you've been given. In your first post the plants were clearly suffering from a nitrogen deficiency. I mean, it was obvious and I don't know why everyone was telling you all kinds of different things.

At this point, those plants are toast, man. Probably best to cut your losses and start over.

Also those pots are about 10 sizes too big for those plants. I have clones in 4 inch pots that are 2 feet tall healthy bushes, stems like my index finger. I just cut them back for the 5th time because they grow too much and I'm trying to keep them small until I need them.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]generic grow light (like they carry at the hardware store). [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and, your wondering WTF is going on. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seriously dude, stop tooting and start groqwng. BTW Leave your F......n ego to the side.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

PS: Don't come here wasting our time!!!! YOMIL for a reason!
[/FONT]

Mr. J

generic grow light (like they carry at the hardware store). and, your wondering WTF is going on. Seriously dude, stop tooting and start groqwng. BTW Leave your F......n ego to the side.

PS: Don't come here wasting our time!!!! YOMIL for a reason!
You can veg plants perfectly well under a fluorescent shop light from the hardware store. I've been doing it for 25 years.12 inches is too high though. If you want them to grow fast you need to put them 1 to 2 inches away.

The light isn't the problem. The problem is he doesn't know how to grow, and instead of reading a book on gardening he came here and got very confused because everyone was telling him something different, and then he went and did all of those things when all he probably had to do was give them a bit of plant food.

Last edited: