What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not sure what the problem is...

Boron toxicity, is a possibility, from using the borax.

Sounds like a winner:

AlchimiaWeb.com said:
Boron: In the case of an over-fertilisation, the leaves suffer necrosis, causing a severe defoliation on the plant.

So is this the way to proceed?

DutchMasterNutrients.com said:
Boron Toxicity

Although an excessive state is rare, when encountered leaf tip chlorosis becomes apparent - similar to traditional nutrient burn (which it is easily confused with). How do I correct boron toxicity? To rectify boron toxicity, flush root zone media with a 1/3 strength nutrient solution and then resume feeding with a more dilute/weaker mixture (approximately 3/4 strength) until problem is resolved.

There is some healthy looking new growth on some of these plants, I think they can survive if they pull through this.

Last edited:

Mr. J

Are you talking to me because you did not read my entire post and comprehend what I said, like you didn't read the entire OP?
The first part, ya. The rest was just a general rant. I can't figure out how to space paragraphs properly for some reason.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Making your own soil isn't for noobs. My suggestion would be to start fresh with some Ocean Forest potting soil, and keep the variables to a minimum until you get the basic hang of things. You might be able to save those plants, but they look pretty bad at this point, and are likely to be slow to recover, if they do at all.

I don't agree. Just use a recipe. Anybody could do this.

dank.frank's recipe is proven. Look at his pudding!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
[iframe1]ju6TDrMJxWU[/iframe1]

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I don't agree. Just use a recipe. Anybody could do this.

dank.frank's recipe is proven. Look at his pudding!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
[iframe1]ju6TDrMJxWU[/iframe1]
The only thing I didn't like was his comment you can use perlite or vermiculite for drainage, which is BS as you know. Vermiculite retains too much moisture, compresses and turns to mush whereas, perlite remains whole provides for drainage and is a moisture retainer. Other than that his recipe is pretty basic. :)

Rodehazrd

I'm no expert on this but I've had a lot of fubar events messing with my inputs.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the old fucked up foilage never gets better for me. New growth can be had after correction but the burnt bits I just cut off as new shoots come in without completely stripping the bush.
The OP may be looking in the wrong place for the improvement and missing the fix when it occurs. I know I have before. :plant grow::plant grow:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
IMHO, there is to many IMO out there. That is why I never post what do you think. It would have been easy to post a pic of my girl (auto) which was heading in senescence (from a pic (confirmed by a local grower)). I couldn't find a pic or discussion on line. She was my 2nd auto. 8 weeks from sprout, not serrated leaves! Luckily I called it right and flushed her this am. I do not like autos but was convince to do them to fill the gap e.g I don't grow during summer months.

OTOH, OP needs to learn some table manners!!