What's new

Nosey neighbor solution,ideas?

sso

Veteran
well, i gotta feeling everything is gonna be allright, but.

if ya can, might wanna ease into it lol

-~Wind Walker~-

...but is still gonna wait a bit.

U.I.

Get your friend to buy Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. It is a rather brilliantly obnoxious album full of distortion and feedback.

It will irritate this guy, when he comes over to talk while your buddy waits. If you ever want to make some one uncomfortable play this while talking to them.

Don't blast it mind you. Just enough volume for the old man's ears to hear.

If he asks what's with the noise, tell him there is something wrong with the CD / MP3 player etc, radio interference, etc.

Cheaper than a fence & dogs. Also subtly annoying.

Don't let him think you want him away, MAKE HIM DECIDE TO STAY AWAY.

MMM-761566.jpg

-~WW~-

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I think that'll work, WW. My old man heard Hendrix' playing and said, "Who's playing that queer rendition of The Star Spangled Banner? That worse than a cow pissin on a flat rock."

-~Wind Walker~-

Ok found it

Ok found it

Metal Machine Music:

Some guys reaction(s) to it..ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npYei_BM38Y

Actual album:

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYtzNl48F60&feature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfId3tibdrA&feature=related

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5QYM8fECWM&feature=related

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hxqKD-zito&feature=related

I would say enjoy, but I doubt you will. It is painful to listen to.

Not only my ears but my soul hurts.

Oh and my pre-apologies to DiscoBiscuit. (batting two for two, bud!)

-~WW~-

Useful Idiot

Veteran
U.I.

Get your friend to buy Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. It is a rather brilliantly obnoxious album full of distortion and feedback.

It will irritate this guy, when he comes over to talk while your buddy waits. If you ever want to make some one uncomfortable play this while talking to them.

Don't blast it mind you. Just enough volume for the old man's ears to hear.

If he asks what's with the noise, tell him there is something wrong with the CD / MP3 player etc, radio interference, etc.

Cheaper than a fence & dogs. Also subtly annoying.

Don't let him think you want him away, MAKE HIM DECIDE TO STAY AWAY.

MMM-761566.jpg

-~WW~-
REALLY?? You have tickled my curiosity bone. I honestly will check that out!! If not for him ....for myself. No kiddin. BTW I was playin a Tool CD on my player when he was over .....he just kept lookin over at the boom box with a curious look.:thank you:

i think your handling it well,planting out a hedge of sorts between his house and your driveway might be a good idea so he doesn't always see when your there/drop over for a visit.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
That's a great idea. Then you could sporadically park a car when nobody's gonna be there. A few unfruitful walks across the field might zap his zeal.

I'm terrible, ain't I? Neighbor's a celeb and doesn't even know it. Poor guy.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow......first of all, ain't no way in hell I would have answered ANY of those questions that ol' timer asked. That alone puts pressure on your boy to remember what you told the ol' man:dunno:.
Secondly, why go over there and introduce yourself with gifts from your garden? That, IMO, just gives him more comfort to pop up over at your friends' place anytime - or even go snooping around when he's not there. Old folks with a lot of free time is like an unattended 2-year old - inquisitive.

G

greenmatter

REALLY?? You have tickled my curiosity bone. I honestly will check that out!! If not for him ....for myself. No kiddin. BTW I was playin a Tool CD on my player when he was over .....he just kept lookin over at the boom box with a curious look.:thank you:

if tool gave him a "curious look" you may have found the answer ..... never heard the lou reed but old black sabbath lyrics are easy to understand (think NIB) south park christmas songs could do the trick,and find a CD from dick cheese, your friendly neighbor will think sinatra has blown a gasket. dr. hook and the medicine show revisited might help ..........shit there are plenty of sounds that would drive the guy back to his side of the property line

B

BrnCow

Give the old fart a piece of paper and ask him to list his complaints. Then you have it down in writing. If he's an addict, you'll likely never hear from him again...too lazy to even write it down. At least you will have it down to his pet gripes if he does write one...then you can adress them one at a time while he is watching...

C

cannarelief

Try to convert him to vegetarianism ;) in irritating and persistent way.

IMHO you really need to set some boundaries...I live in a really rural area(like under 175 people in a huge area) and neighbors/many locals think walking in your front door is okay(this drives me nuts-I would not even walk in a family members house without knocking and being invited in..it's not my house to do otherwise) as well-the one well meaning neighbor started fixing holes in my gravel driveway with a backhoe...but we had never discussed it-he just thought it needed it and wanted to help in his own way.While I appreciated the sentiment...I HAD (in my mind) to make him realize this was not cool-you just don;t start altering someone else s property because you think it needs something. I believe things like this would have escalated if I did not set boundaries.

I took care of it in a few ways
1) I told him I have severe anxiety problems and people suddenly showing up on my property sent my anxiety through the roof.Of course i thanked him for the awesome job he was doing and expressed upset that my damn head issues made life harder.

2) I told him I take Lithium for the anxiety...for some reason LOL Lithium seems to conjure heavy imagery in many people..imagery of things they want to avoid ;)

3) To smooth over the apparent rejection..i gave him a door key (not that it works in the door ;) and asked him to keep it in case I am away and I might ask him to check the house. This seemed to remove any feeling of alienation and any nosiness curiosity...I guess he feels if I give him a key there is nothing funny going on...if he ever actually tried to go in when I have not asked him..I will just mumble about the damn key cutter..and then know he is a liability for reals....it's been a few years an no probs.

of course rumors will fly no matter what I have done..that is rural bored communities and some individuals liking drama...I rather be thought of as nuts than others things ;) I do not grow anyhow nor would I in my own home..so no biggie but I DO like my privacy.

I go over and help him now and then and have dinners a lot by invitation ( I think they feel sorry for the single nut bar LOL ) so all good for now :) They are fairly religious and really hate bud so I play along scoffing at that hippie crap while sharin the odd beer (religious pisstanks they are-STEADY stream of cases going down)

perhaps something from this might work for you if you feel it is something you want to attempt..good luck and happy budding.Everyone knows about what everyone else is up to/complete hisotry of property changes etc (pretty common in rural areas in my experience) so I really felt in my case..I HAD to set the boundaries

G

Groseph

Good thread.

Hanging some scrubbers and making sure the grow is under lock and key is one thing, but this is just one of those X factors which forces one to be sharp and throw a bit of creativity at the situation.

Observant neighbors suck.

- -

I like the idea of giving the neighbor a non-working key should you ever be away or something. Would really throw em off if he suspected you were up to no good.

GanjaPharma

go find a few copies of watchtower. keep em around everywhere. you dont have to know anything about jehovas witness, just keep saying "i want you to read these magazines, they might change your life"

alternatively, ask him if he has ever read the book of mormon....look shit up on the internet so you can spew some mormonic shit at him whenever he comes by.
you can do other religions if you like, seventh day adventist is a good one, but as a repellant, mormonism is super concentrated stuff. it wont take much, most non-mormons can take about 5 minutes before they start looking panicked.

I hear scientology has been working well also. its kind of new, but some of the older, nosy folks that have become resistant to all the other ones, seem to really respond to the newfangled sci-fi thing. you will want to buy some big copies of "dianetics"

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
go find a few copies of watchtower. keep em around everywhere. you dont have to know anything about jehovas witness, just keep saying "i want you to read these magazines, they might change your life"

alternatively, ask him if he has ever read the book of mormon....look shit up on the internet so you can spew some mormonic shit at him whenever he comes by.
you can do other religions if you like, seventh day adventist is a good one, but as a repellant, mormonism is super concentrated stuff. it wont take much, most non-mormons can take about 5 minutes before they start looking panicked.

I hear scientology has been working well also. its kind of new, but some of the older, nosy folks that have become resistant to all the other ones, seem to really respond to the newfangled sci-fi thing. you will want to buy some big copies of "dianetics"

if there is anything, ANYTHING that will keep a motherfucka away its them damned watchtower magazines!! for real.

at times i would rather deal with the IRS than those ppl

sso

Veteran
dunno, had a pretty observant neighbor (he found my other neighbors grow, before i did :))

so i just gave him a couple of 150w hps and some clones :)

not neighbors anymore, but both still growing.

sso

Veteran
though in my case it was pretty damn obvious, he smoked and was always looking at grow videos lol.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im over here tokin a bowl of diesel Hash over LA Conf.
So im thinking, what if you put out the Jehova witness stuff, and then he goes for it? You might have to follow through and convert him into a Jehovah witness.
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts