What's new

Nosey neighbor solution,ideas?

sso

Veteran
humm, sounds like a typical country bumpkin from around here.

totally different thinking from city thinking, usually.

much more friendly and open often. plus he´s probably bored shitless.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Ask the old man if he is retired, if so what did he do for a living? He will go on and on.

He might've been in the trades... or just enjoys working with his hands, on his own house, etc.

The old man probably likes working on cars too, or anything being built or fixed, and is now going to always wanna come hang out while your friend is doing the restoration.

A long time ago I worked service and thats just what they do. You'll be working on their neighbor's property having nothing to do with them and they will hover over your shoulder and bug the FUCK OUT OF YOU. They don't understand that you're there to get your work done, not talk to them. I also had a neighbor just like this, he retired from construction and was always building shit himself.

If the old man was friendly/chitchatty with you, and does a lot of projects of his own, then that's it and the guy meant no malice.. Unfortunately he has no sense of boundaries! Your friend needs to put up a fence!

But on the other hand, hey maybe he's RETIRED LEO.... why didn't you chitchat more with the guy? Such a thing as the art of conversation... old coots looove to bullshit... you should've found out more about him.

And yeah... country folk are all about getting to know the neighbors... you'll know everybody who lives within a mile...

I think as long as your friend makes a good show of the restoration, the guy will definitely be blabbing to the neighborhood about the automotive work being done and not the electric work...

meduser180056

If this happened where I live in california I would say you've most likely been found out or at least raised major red flags/suspicion.

The only reason I'm thinking he might just be an innocent nosy neighbor is cause you say your in a non med state so if grows aren't as common around there then people don't really look for it or know what to even look for really. Personally I'd hold off on doing anything for awhile try to fake him out some with actual car repair work etc.

G

greenmatter

It's kinda hard for my friend to get to know people before buying property. No med state as well. BTW this property is about 300 yards from the nearest neighbor.. thats the nosey fella.:thank you:

i was talking about getting to know them before the room went in ...... for example, maybe he is very religious, if you worked on a car in the garage while you were drinking beer, listening to black sabbath and had centerfolds hanging everywhere he would have seen all he wanted and left you alone to do your thing. now the room is in and he has seen it so it changes the game. you should figure this guy out before you start your grow.

bring a bunch of tools in and start working on some project, when he comes to be nosy get a feel for what he likes the least and push a few buttons. you don't have to be harsh, just make it so he does not want to come and talk to the new neighbors any more. you are in america right? talk politics...... that seems to piss people off pretty fast and it would not seem out of line. just try to make so he does not want to talk to you much, but does not hate you.

you are not in a med state so you know what is riding on this. i would figure a few things out before you give a nosy neighbor a chance to fuck up your life

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Now that he's showing an interest, growing there is compromised, at least until you defuse his interest. Find an old car, start working on it and then next time you see the old guy say, "wow, this sucks. this is not as much of a fun hobby as I hoped it would be. You wanna buy this damned thing?"

Good luck. Be smart. Play it safe.

Securityfirst

Get a couple guard dogs perhaps? Maybe a surveillance system? Hope it works out for you. That fucker would have made me mad too its like mind your own business old man.

kifmaster

Not that I would take my chances with it. But it may just be an old weirdo who knows you are growing and wants to be in on it but isn't smart enough to just let you know he knows whats up without spooking you.

kifmaster

and seriously if he was buying a house solely for the purpose to grow, he really should have walked the neighborhood and got a better feel for his immediate neighbors before signing any papers.

mtbazz

Sounds like this property purchase/move just happened? Might be best to just chill on the grow for a couple of months until people get used to you being the new neighbor. In the meantime make it look like you are doing something legit in the garage, working on a car, having people over to play music, etc..

Whatever you do, dont do anything that would piss people off or draw unwanted attention to yourself. Once people see you as more or less an average joe they will lose curiosity and stop coming around.

Or...next time he comes around you could just whip out your pecker and jerk off in front of him...that would stop unwanted visits for sure.

keat

I would just recommend your friend to get two big dogs and a tall fence.
That would just be the easiest way id guess

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well you guys have given me some great ideas and very good insight on this situation. Since I have been the one over there doing all the work getting to talk to this guy,I'm going over there today and i'm going to stop at his house with some things from my garden...tomatoes,green beans,squash and a few small punkins for his grand children. I do get the feeelin he is just a bored old fella...so i'll pay him a visit. I will let you all know how it goes when I get home. Thanks again!

Last edited:

ijim

A fence and a protective dog usually leaves people with the feeling to stay the hell out. Some people do not understand that it is not there world. So you have to be a bit rude and educate them.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Just a thought for those who haven't really lived in the country. Old guys that are retired are most likely just really,really bored. So when they see some thing going on next door, they have just got to see what's going on. Next thing he'll be telling you how to do it, and offer all the advice you'll never want. All I can say is good luck, he's not nosey, as much as bored. And idle hands are the devils yadda, yadda.
Good luck to your buddy, the old guy isn't going to just go away and stop coming by.
Next He'll want to know all about the car restoration and it never stops.
:smoweed:

jd4083

Veteran
I would have already cut my losses and moved on. That's a charge or charges waiting to happen.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yeah bored old dude.. Blow h2o up his ass.. fence round barn for the new pup?? That depends on lay out of property..

Folks had a neighbor liked to walk up on the back porch..Scared the beejbies out of Mom...She about popped him with her little .38....He calls first and comes in the drive now!! Gotta love red readed women...

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Fence as much as you need in and post no trespassing signs. Get some dogs on those electric collars and let him know(for his own safety) to stay off of your property. Be nice about it, but have your friend tell him that he doesn't want anyone around his wife/girlfriend etc.....especially when he's not home. Maybe let him know that if he needs something to call you, but otherwise please don't come over without calling and checking first to make sure he's around.