What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NORWEGIANS DIESEL RYDER GROW ! !

norwegian

HI PEOPLE!
Seeds in paper/water 28 March
1st April:9 Diesel Ryder sprouting
One seed EMTY, 2 seedlings deformed runts! No good.
12 April: 2 males so far..
18 April: 2 girls
23 April: one more girl:jump:

Kept the best male for seeds.
This will be a "partial seedrun" ;
only the lower branches recieves pollen...
Done two DR grows before, LOVE this strain! ! !
(Sorry folks,got no info,but it was a damn good smoke!)

All in all: Three girls only, kinda dissapointing.
But hell, i´ll do the most out of these women for sure!

Earth: Homemade compost 30% plus commercial soil and perlite
w/added lime and bone-meal
(My compost is made out of household-waste - meat,fish and whatever!
powerful stuff,lots of P and all the rest a plant needs)

Pots: 7,.5Liters w/extra 10 liter under ( at day 12 the roots had already reached the bottom of the pot -
so i placed the first pot into a bigger one,half-full only due to space-restrictions. Did not dare to re-pot!

Light: First week fluoros
400W HPS (ooold lamp! maybe 300W now?)
24 Hours

Nutes: My earth-mix is pretty loaded with nutes,so i guess i had the timing right,
started a few days ago with half-strenght commersial nutrition.

Temp: Around 21-25 degrees Celcius (19 min. 29 max)

Odour-control: Vinegar in small dishes so far…
(Will make a hole in the wall for a small bathroom fan)

Height April 23 :
nr.1 34cm.
nr.2 37cm.
nr 3 32cm.

Comments so far:
Well,it was bloody dissapointing with only 3 women,
and it seems i will not see the TALL phenos i´m looking for -
but the ones i got are doing well, smelling good already -
although nr.3 is different: more "chubby&compact" started flowering about 5
days after the others… oops,a slight nute-burn! flushed it yesterday night,we will see.
The two others:smells honey&spices! good into flowering now,guess they will be fine.

Ok people, What do you think?!

:dance013::dance013::dance013:

Kind Regards,Norwegian

streetvibes

hi mate yeh m/f always seems to be more boys and girls mmm that sounds like when i go on a night out always seems to be more men than girls ha ha well norwegian they look good id just go with it plus when making seeds you proberly have to wait a few generations before you start getting the bigger more stable ones thats what ive noticed with what we are doin.every time you make seeds always use the best for the next gen and so on im sure by this time next year you will have your master diesal autos good luck keep us posted i love d ryder thats why we used for our mix

rebelweed

have grown these outside in norway, quite a disappointing venture i have to say, the plants grew small and gave little to no bud at all :|

i can concur that these plants definately seem to have a high male-to-female ratio, i estimate i got about 65% males in my f2's while the original seeds were 60% males.

e: the bud it gives is very potent tho :) gl with ur grow!

norwegian

have grown these outside in norway, quite a disappointing venture i have to say, the plants grew small and gave little to no bud at all :|

i can concur that these plants definately seem to have a high male-to-female ratio, i estimate i got about 65% males in my f2's while the original seeds were 60% males.

e: the bud it gives is very potent tho :) gl with ur grow!

Hi RebelWeed!
The mold got them? or the slugs?
I´ll try to get the next bacth into the earth early as possible..

rebelweed

hey :)

No I think it was more my lack of experience in picking good spots for it, they just seemed to grow real poorly and took about 3 months to finish. Indoors is another story tho, they did very well and finished in about 9-10 weeks from sprouting.

Pick a sun-rich spot, fertilize well, and grow them to a certain size indoors (3-4 nodes), those are my tips :)

Hope to see some pictures of dank norwegian diesel ryder soon!

norwegian

Quote:
"Pick a sun-rich spot, fertilize well, and grow them to a certain size indoors (3-4 nodes), those are my tips

Hope to see some pictures of dank norwegian diesel ryder soon!"

Good tips!
Grew them outside 2008,quite good results - cannot remember
the weight, but terrific smoke!

Yeah,more pics to come!

norwegian

Just a quick update!

Yesterday i discovered a female hair on my male,only one hair though…
Worse is that i found a few BALLS on nr. 3 !
Will not give her up - plucking balls every day for a short period might give her other thoughts.
Shit.

Well, at least they are growin like weed,amazing!

Male: 58cm.

nr.1 : 42cm.

nr.2 : 46cm.

nr.3 : 37cm.

Will be back soon, hang on! :wave:

Some new pics :

nr.2 Top

The all-important male:

Hmm... interested to follow this, because friend had plans to put some Diesel Ryders outside. Obviously some pregrow inside is still recommended?

Seedling

Good luck with your project my friend, lets hope you get rid of the ball problem. Ive grown DR´s @ 60 north before and had trouble with mold, almost all plants got affected but the could have been due to the fact that they were planted late and didnt finish until september...

Keep up the good work ,they look very vigorous!

streetvibes

norweigen all i can say is because im not an expert that when we did our mix we didnt have much luck with diesal ryder because there were to many diffrent sizes we choose the best we had at the time and after that we just keept using the best m/f most people would use them for smoke we choose for seeds i must admit that it takes time but boy its so worth it after you start seeing the results(after some time ) you look after them autos coz there gona look after you keep me posted matey love the auto

streetvibes

opps by the way they look like good parents keep it rolling norweigen and keep them posts coming coz when you get 50 i can post a pm mmmm might have to get back to doin pure diesal ryder got me thinking

norwegian

Hmm... interested to follow this, because friend had plans to put some Diesel Ryders outside. Obviously some pregrow inside is still recommended?

Herbal Extasy:
A week or 2 inside will not hurt (the ideal is to wait till they flower,so you can determine sex) - maybe in warmer climates one can skip it?
but then you will lose the opportunity to sex em...

norwegian

Good luck with your project my friend, lets hope you get rid of the ball problem. Ive grown DR´s @ 60 north before and had trouble with mold, almost all plants got affected but the could have been due to the fact that they were planted late and didnt finish until september...

Keep up the good work ,they look very vigorous!

Yeah,60North & September might be a risky combo...

norwegian

StreetVibes:

The different sizes i pretty annoying! Shure, i think i got
some nice parents - but this fuckin hermie-tendency i have never seen
in DR before…. scary stuff.
If my memory serves me well, think i saw a post with a dude with a hermie;
he just kept plucking them off, the balls lost!

I´ll go for that.

streetvibes

yeh i agree about the different sizes its annoying now that you mention it i think i had a few herms when we bought diesal ryder the first time round and its the only auto i think thats done that in our circles wow 4yrs is a long time ago for a puff head like me but i havent had any hermies at all after that strange but then again autos freak me out anyway good luck with the pollen dusting peace

Muddy

I've been growing Diesel Ryders outdoors for two years now with no hermies. Matter of fact have yet to get a hermie from any of the strains I've grown. I've seen 3 different phenos from DR. One is short and bushy, another is taller and bushy, and the third is taller with 1 main cola and little branching. I've got 4 F1s going right now at 6 weeks. All are very uniform, between 16 - 18" tall with the main cola and 5-6 lower branches. Also never had any mold issues.

norwegian

StreetVibes; have not seen more balls today - so hopefully it will be
no big deal!

Pollination day tomorrow ! ! !

Muddy; nice to see pics,so i can compare.. i f you have the opportunity.
No mold no herm - good stuff!

:wave:

norwegian

No pollination today. He ain´t ready for sex yet!
Tomorrow then.
My nr.3 is really fattening up - the bud - sites are MUCH
closer than the other two…might be a good pheno for
breeding, bush pheno, not SO small anymore.

Quote Muddy:
"I've seen 3 different phenos from DR. One is short and bushy, another is taller and bushy, and the third is taller with 1 main cola and little branching."

Seems i got the "taller and bushy" pheno - beautyful.

More pics coming soon ! :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts