What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Korea Making Rapid improvements

C

cooterbrown420

This is great ! You are petty much the most racist person I have ever come across on this board. Why not stop trying to be the victim and be a victor ? The only person keeping you down is yourself. Maybe try and get some help...or pay a hooker, you need a release...

Deflecting again mr. WS? Remember you cried about gas prices, how much you drive, your friends wife being mugged you know typical white male victim stuff. Then in typical fashion you accuse others of being victims, misrepresenting facts etc. If calling out your dog whistles, white supremacist sources, and blatant right wing lies is racist then I am guilty as charged.

iTarzan

you know what pisses me off more than all of those right wing conservatives views combined???

not being able to find a good movie to watch on any given night.......

There are seemingly a million channels too and many times not a thing to watch.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The thing is, Iran was once a modern progressive country. Until we deposed their elected government and installed the Shaw. This lead to the Islamic Revolution, where a minority of extremist took control. The average Iranian wants the same thing everyone else wants. A decent job, food on the table and roof over their head. They want to listen to rock music, grow their hair and wear blue jeans. They don't want a theocracy.

While I would agree that Iran was once a modern, progressive country, it was while it was under the Shah. The Pahlavi family of Shah's ruled Iran from before it's name was changed from Persia up until 1979. Persia had been under a monarchy for 2,500 years prior to that. When was it that "we" deposed their elected government?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/middle_east-jan-june10-timeline

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are seemingly a million channels too and many times not a thing to watch.

my cable company delivered 11 different HBO channels, hundreds of standard & premium channels, music, whatever; dropped the HBO 10-12 yrs ago, and got rid of my cable just over a year ago, now I live on my amazon prime for entertainment value, and only a couple/three hours a day at that.

scheduled broadcasting has kissed my tuckus goodbye :jerkit:

WelderDan

Veteran
While I would agree that Iran was once a modern, progressive country, it was while it was under the Shah. The Pahlavi family of Shah's ruled Iran from before it's name was changed from Persia up until 1979. Persia had been under a monarchy for 2,500 years prior to that. When was it that "we" deposed their elected government?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/middle_east-jan-june10-timeline

I stand corrected. I must have brain farted somewhere. Reza Shah was deposed by British and Soviet forces in 1941 and his son, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi was put in power and later fled the country. He was replaced by an elected prime minister, who was then ousted in a coup orchestrated by the CIA. Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi then assumed power again. The Shah's rule had become increasingly oppressive and corrupt. The Shah was perceived to be a puppet of the United States. That's probably where my mind inserted the whole deposed by the US thing, because we deposed his elected replacement. Regardless, you are correct, we did not depose the Shah. Fair enough?

'Boogieman'

If another conservative Supreme Court Justice is approved will my second ammendment right to own firearms be pretty well protected?

Gry

Veteran

You can play with the semantics of an 'elected government', but they were first 'pushed over' in 1953.

Boot with Woodhouse, or Ajax with Roosevelt.
What I found far more interesting, was the 'arrangement' which facilitated the release of the hostages between the Carter and Regan administrations...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Kim Long Dong will likely try to keep his nukes and get benefits, but Trump had to go meet him to show good faith. I do not think Trump will get suckered on this, but not sure if the pot bellied pig will give them up without a fight. Stalling and deception not a physical fight as that is the end of Kim's little kingdom.

Kim is a psychopath by any measure. They do not rehabilitate well. I know, Trump is too as well as being Hitler the second.

On Trump winning, I think he won already and gets further everyday. Not that hard to top Barry. Low bar.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stand corrected. I must have brain farted somewhere. Reza Shah was deposed by British and Soviet forces in 1941 and his son, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi was put in power and later fled the country. He was replaced by an elected prime minister, who was then ousted in a coup orchestrated by the CIA. Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi then assumed power again. The Shah's rule had become increasingly oppressive and corrupt. The Shah was perceived to be a puppet of the United States. That's probably where my mind inserted the whole deposed by the US thing, because we deposed his elected replacement. Regardless, you are correct, we did not depose the Shah. Fair enough?

What struck me about your statement was the timeline of the "modern, progressive country". The Shah may have been a US puppet, but he tried to make his country emulate the west.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...nning-photos-reveal-life-Iran-revolution.html

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were a modern progressive country up until the Islamic Revolution. I never implied otherwise.

Perhaps, but that isn't quite how I read it...

The thing is, Iran was once a modern progressive country. Until we deposed their elected government and installed the Shaw. This lead to the Islamic Revolution, where a minority of extremist took control.

(emphasis is mine).

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Shah was Garbage ...Israeli Puppet...no Thanks

Speaking on behalf of Iranian People and all my family/friends

Iran enjoys removing Israeli Mercenaries of Arabic origin from its Neighboring Homelands of course with the blessing of our Christian friends of Russia ...work together to remove the plague ...the evil wrath unleashed by ISrael/USA/KSA

WelderDan

Veteran
Perhaps, but that isn't quite how I read it...

(emphasis is mine).

Yeah, that was the original comment when I brain farted. I did not mean to imply anything other than they were a modern country until the Islamic revolution.

packerfan79

Veteran

Iran enjoys removing Israeli Mercenaries of Arabic origin from its Neighboring Homelands of course with the blessing of our Christian friends of Russia ...work together to remove the plague ...the evil wrath unleashed by ISrael/USA/KSA

So an Iranian diplomat was arrested in Paris with explosives.Iranian diplomats are now attempting to actively participate in Terrorism. Still want to claim Is real is the problem, and Iran is completely innocent.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Massad agent implanted a Zionist conspiracy bug in his brain packerfan. Not his fault he drones on about the same stuff endlessly.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
:peacock:

British PM Neville Chamberlain holding up the Munich Agreement: Germany will not wage war against France or the UK. We all know how that went.

View Image

and tRump shaking hands with Kim Jong Un, a man who has executed friends, family members, his own military leaders (&family at that!) and has executed and imprisoned tens of thousands of his citizens in forced labor/concentration camps. Except for not invading his neighbors (S Korea, China, Russia) Kim Jong Un seems a lot like a modern day Hitler, the devil.

This is who tRump trusts??? Would YOU take him for his word???

View Image

and then to top it all off, trump salutes one of the NK generals.

be careful of who you place your trust in these days.

Vote in November.......

G `day S4L

You realise that WW2 was the 1st " Oil War "
Germany and Japan were both being starved of oil.

By whom ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day Stormy

Meet the new boss .
Same as the old boss .

Saudi have sponsored Islamic radicalism all across the globe . With the approval of their masters the USA . Fronted by John ' wet start " Mc Cain .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:peacock:

G `day S4L

You realise that WW2 was the 1st " Oil War "
Germany and Japan were both being starved of oil.

By whom ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Russia???

Hitler didn't want to go after the U.S.A., at least not
until he'd conquered the rest of the world, but he did
go after the nearby Russian oil fields first, Wikipedia:

The Battle of the Caucasus is a name given to a series of Axis and Soviet operations in the Caucasus area on the Eastern Front of World War II. On 25 July 1942, German troops captured Rostov-on-Don, Russia, opening the Caucasus region of the southern Soviet Union, and the oil fields beyond at Maikop, Grozny, and ultimately Baku, to the Germans. Two days prior, Adolf Hitler issued a directive to launch such an operation into the Caucasus region, to be named Operation Edelweiß.

Blame Germany's nearest neighbor, thank you!
I don't care that you think we were 'starving' Germany & Japan into war over oil; if we got it and you want it, you'd better be prepared to pay one way or another. If you're NOT complying with WWI treaties & conventions after losing the war then....... that's just tough titties, ain't it???

Just ask Hitler & Hirohito how that all went. :tiphat: