What's new

NorCal HydroMeds

HellaFella420

Veteran
weird, I been gone from here for a loooooong time... I came back and my old account isnt working for me?

the interface is different, seems like theres been some sort of switch over since i been away!

HellaFella420

Veteran
New setup, again, I been thinking about how much fun it is posting on here and helping people while showing them how things can be done, so i figured Id return to ic with frequent updates again, so were bringin' the grow show back!

DWC madness......

Res detail... Float valve, MAD bubbles, pump bypass
picture.php

Actually 2 trashcan thingys, plumbed together to increase overall system capacity
The buckets return line go into the blue one in back, and the pump feeds out from the green one, lotsa bubbles in both!
I try to keep all electrical connections above the waterline, this way no drips [from splashes, bubble pop's accumulation, etc] dont follow down the hanging wires, also its above any accidental spills...
picture.php

Dual outlet airpump for Res's sits on the crossmember and a huge NGW [chinese] linear air pump with manifold hanging from a shock/sound absorbing rubber strap, and the big water feed tube...
picture.php

Return line from buckets [I am going to revise this part next run I think...]
And all the air lines obviously, The buckets are on cinderblocks to raise the overall water level in the system, nothing more, I would like to have more vertical space, but at the same time, makes me think "compact"....
picture.php

8in net-pot sitting in 4gal food-grade bucket, with a 5in netpot transplanted into it well vegged...
picture.php

Atmospheric controller, right up near the exhaust to sense ambient not radiant room temperature, gonna hook up the CO2 capability soon as we get the damn tank filled...
picture.php

My own "clever invention" I hang these little reflective panels that I made from the celing, they are on hooks and come down real easy for access to plants, they are also height adjustable for canopy height, and they sway in the breeze of the fans that blow jsut above them [no reflective "zones" the reflected light is all wiggly over the canopy]
picture.php

My landlord is a badmofo, he found this on a jobsite he was clearing out and brought it over to me, turns out its a 120v 100w MH interestingly tho its a self contained ballast, I like the flexibilty it allows so I set it sideways pointing at the side of that wicked unnamed sativa thats growing nuts!
picture.php

This was it, JUST turned on [pointless, I know] I'll try again when its been on all night, this thign gets WICKED bright for only 100w... [it was really impressive in the house, well see what I think next to a buncha 600's]
picture.php

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Pirate checkin in to the new/old grow show. looking good in here !!

Thanks for dropping into the Cave man.

HellaFella420

Veteran
Just set-up a new veg area, and put back together the CO2 system, kinda dumb but I jjust realized its still cool enough that my fans were staying off for like 4 hours @ a time! duh, CO2 time..

It sucks, I had a shit load of nice nug shots, and my girl emptied her digital camera the same afternoon, not her fault, she asked me if I had ogtten everythign of it that i wanted, welll i was pretty stoned when she asked me! and when I was taking the pictures, and when i woke up, and when i was eating, well, you get the picture.....

D

DjRightHooks

hey dope that u came back to post ur clearly AWESOME grows!!! Keep them coming...I love your setup im running the same style scrogs love them! GoodVibez

HellaFella420

Veteran
DWC has never treated me wrong so I super-sized the operation, this way I have DWC setup but with E&F flexbility...
picture.php

Aeration is KEY, I have a "waterfall" setup here with a pump circulating the tables water as a whole, and also a GH dual-diaphram putting bubbles into the mix, also when the drip tube pump comes on, it has a bypass thats blowing bubbled water into its own intake..
picture.php

Went to the bay area for some things, also stopped in Oakland and checked out a couple of "medical clones" well see how I likem

Strawberry CoughxDeep Chunk, Mazar-i-sharif, Sour D, Hindu Skunk, Blue Cheese
picture.php

Micro irrigation right on the clones, havent checked the roots but they are making fresh new green growth!
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
I have since re-engineered that veg room, I think im gonna partition it and have 2k of flower in there too, we'll see

Its gonna be setup the same way, but with table and res in other corner for better floorspace, Im superglad I added that res under the end @ the last minute like I did, E&F +60gal is a PITA, but now I can drain it and just slide the bitch over, also, my inline pump leaked for like the first day, untill everything situated itself?

Damn NGW inline pump, the o-ring that seals the "in" side of the pump isnt thick enough so it let a constant drip the first night.....then it stopped and hasent since, like all the jiggling from hooking up pump and tubs n shit unsealed the o-ring, I was re-engineering on the fly, but then in "fixed" itself

The SCxDC, I have mixed feelings about, of all the stuff my roomate picked out, I was the least excited about it :(

First, its NOT gonna be a yeilder, tha picture looks JUST like the NorCal Crypt that I had the pleasure of having for a while, It can be coaxed, but kinda alot of trouble, last sentance "This is a connoisseur's strain that is recommended for the advanced grower"
Read = low yeilder :p
Also that amount of crystalization will get you super baked, but has [I have found] very little flavor, that much resin makes cannabis just taste "hashy", im afraid the "strawberryness" will be overshadowded by lung-expansion
Im a picky bitch when it comes to smoking, I dont like smoking leaf, my roomate got a few ounces of OG the other day, and I have over a 1/4oz on my desk of LEAF that I have pulled off, its maaaaad crystally, but still, ew! I wanna grow BUDS, not really crystally LEAF buds..

I would loooove to be shown otherwise, this is a Oalsterdamn clone, so thres gotta be others out there growing it! cmon ppl!

Im looking forward to the Mazar-i-sharif, Blue Cheese, and the Hindu Skunk [in veg] looks like it could get HUGE

Im really suprised how much the blue cheeese's growth pattern and leaves looks VERY similar to the pure Cheese that I used to grow [crossing my fingers its mislabled or named "blue"] Ive never been a fan of DJ Short [sorry man!] so I hope the blue dosent dilute it too much!

picture.php

picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
I would like to eventually "upgrade" this DWC/table with air diffusers running down the channels underneath all the pots, the water has TONS of DO, but I want it flowing throught the roots more actively

HellaFella420

Veteran
Super weird...... I just went back to reread the whole thread
I dunno what admin I pissed off or what, but all my old posts are like, on MUTE If I login with other old account, it shows them all as if they are still there, but anywhere else, its like I never existed! WTF?

So right now, Im on the "last page" of this thread, but it shows that there is 4 more pages, of my old posts that no longer show up?!??!

B

Brain

It's a glitch since they have changed the website. I see it to and also on some other threads. Welcome back. I always enjoyed your threads.