What's new

NorCal HydroMeds

HellaFella420

Veteran
Well thats the suck.......

Looks like someone turned off the auto-feed while they were out there doing laundry.....

System dropped like 20gal or so and the big fan leafs got fried :(

The Botanicare CNS17 I liked alot, its not its fault..... However this might not have happened if it was PBP

Oh, well.... gonna put a note on the valve, DONT TURN ME OFF, DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK IM FOR!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Funny, the "Bubba Kush" didnt show any signs of duress.... I thought kushes were typically low light, low nutes strains, but these are the only that didnt burn!?

B

bonecarver_OG

sux people are fiddling with the setup! hope the plants are not gonna suffer too much!

good luck bro!

HellaFella420

Veteran
I think were gonna chop this weekend, when everythings all nice n clean n reset, I'll figure out sumpin explanatory....

HellaFella420

Veteran
Thing are already down and drying, prolly 3 weeks early or so :/

I just dont feel there was a way to recover from the shock they received....
if yall have any insights on how to bring them back.....

They had a big old head of steam built up and were just glorious in their hydro homes, then poof....

Coco was so much more forgiving, oh well.... My auto water thingy is connected to the wall next to the washing machine and someone doing laundry must have heard it go on and thought WTF? Now everyone is briefed.....

HellaFella420

Veteran
What im most dissappointed with is I was sooo looking forward to the CNS17 run....

I LOVED what it was doing.... but Im afraid if I had been using PBP, this may not have ever happened....

Room is all empty, I have reengineered the room/RDWC system a little more to my liking after seeing it in action for a run.....

Now to clean it up, and slap in the new bitches....

HellaFella420

Veteran
"R"DWC 2.0
picture.php

Nice big drain, no backup when pumping anymore...
picture.php

Freshly tied out, these were like 3 feet tall
picture.php

I like how the roots are growing with this elevated drip setup I designed real quick..
picture.php

See how the plants are sitting on inverted pots?
picture.php

With summertime coming its starting to get a little stuffy in here from all the respiration, I had some old fans n filters laying around so I put this bitch together....
picture.php

B

bonecarver_OG

man thats a lot of tubes al over the place - i would have gotten lost after half job... nice setup! gonan be fun to see how it goes. best of luck mate!

im gonna also put in extra ventilation in a few days, the heat is coming on quickly here...

HellaFella420

Veteran
Been wanting to do this for years, although with a different setup then this....

3 years ago I did a decent Humboldt Backyard "Hydro" Outdoor, like 9 blocks from the County Courthouse when I used to live in Eureka =)

It was hydro in the sense that it was soiless/coco medium in 8 gallon buckets that I hand watered coco/hydro nutes every otherday, but I've always been wanting to use flowing, bubbling, splashing water under the HOT SoCal sun.

Now is the time!

As you can kinda see, there is a PERFECT ~4 strip of intense sun that falls inbetween my house and my garage, its SUNNY back there, and both walls are painted with a gloss white exterior paint making VERY bright reflective surfaces inaddition to the direct sun. Any time I was back there doing shit I was squinting so I figured plants should like it nice!

This is a 50 gallon rubbermaid agricultural stock tank [that I normally use to E&F 3'x6' table's]
picture.php

I then made a little structure out of 1x's that I can set an 8" netpot into that my victims are waaaaay rooted in, I have a small dual output airpump under the edge, a 6" stone under the spot where each basket will be hanging

The only thing I'm worried about is heat, it gets pretty cold at night in the high-desert, so that will swing the res temp back down, but just hot tissue damage and vascular stress, but then, its hydroponic so as logn as it keep it's respiration up, it should be fien, right?

Oh well, we'll see! I know where to get shade-cloth!

But either way, I covered it with panda wrap the plastic gets WARM, even though it reflects so much energy, as long as it the plastic getting warm and not the water!
picture.php

[EDIT: This panda wrap is SOOO fucking bright, it makes my eyes water to look at it.... see how the rest of the frame is darker then the last because the camera is having to adjust its exposure?!]

My dickhead neighbor has the day off and is fucking around in his backyard, so I will put the ladies in there later, but this is them from liek 3 days ago.... it the two up in the table... I have been training/tying them for a month or so getting them nice n wide for the outdoor plans!
picture.php

Check out the link in my sig to, theres some normal DWC action lying around my digs as well!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Sour-D before transplant
picture.php

Whoops [forgot to rotate] drippers n holes...
picture.php

77f in the shade 112f in the sun...
picture.php

Drippers/pot closeup, some of the lower leaves that were near the white poly fried n got crispy... the plastic is REAL warm even though its white too much for the leaves to take, anything that was flapping in the breeze was cool tho, even @ 112
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
Ok, so it turns out, its too hot during the day and too cold at night.... I was kinda afraid of this, so I planned accordingly, but I was too concerned about the water temps...

The leaves too close to the plastic got fried [which heats up like crazy with the sun beating on it, essentially there roughly 2x amount of energy @ the plastic/air interface, because of its reflective capacity]
picture.php

And the leaves on top are showing signs of radiant frost damage....
picture.php

picture.php

So I put up the shade cloth that I had got for just such an occasion [was hoping I wouldnt have to use it] Mebbe it will just be necessary as they are hardening off from their cushy indoor hydro lifestyle, we shall see.....
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
There is some really nice fresh green growth on them today, I dunno if its a single days growth cause the shadecloth and now are gettign settled , we will see tomorrow how fast of a rate it will continue at!
They looked progressively worse for two days in a row before I changed their climate, but one day in the shade I was really suprised!

B

bonecarver_OG

wohooo! now THATS A PROMISING OUTDOOR!!!!!

been thinking of something similar with coco for years ... just gotto wait for the rigth occasion!

im sure the plants will adjust to the conditions soon enough! the water in the rez should more or less reach some kind of ballance in temperature? a big body of water takes time to heat and to cool down so it should work well :D

at first i thought you were building some kind of patio jacuzzi or something hehe

well.. im gonna keep an interesting eye on this mate!

best of luck!

peace mate!

HellaFella420

Veteran
I put up a different kinda shade cloth today, it is a peice of light diffusing plastic sheeting instead of cloth....

Wheres my Camera.?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey good to see ya throwing down a grow again. Outdoor hydro ... gotta love it :) thanks for sharing with us all!!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Alas the growing never stopped, just the interest and follow-through to keep up my posts!

The traffic/interest diminished so it was like whatevah.... Send me some traffic to keep me focused!

No-one wanted to see me take a step back from 20 lights to 6, you know?

B

bonecarver_OG

hey man :D its NOT the number of lights that made me follow the thread. it was/is the QUALITY NUGS..

peace bro!

Latest posts

Latest posts