What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
the plant i lost was not a full season plant, so that's a good thing. dunno what's harder though... the one we lost was full of buds!!! ouch.

hogan: I do have a Pineapple Romulan from Turtle Farmer in 200 gallons of dirt... I'll take some pics of it soon.

LB530: Yeah... there are some other spots in the lkight dep that are slightly problematic. Everything seems to be on the upswing, though, since the last MycoStop application.... there are still one or two plants that worry me, but none with sliminees at the base of the stalk... so I think that any problems we have are on the run. But I am still worrying a lot. Still losing sleep. I wish I could stop covering the light deps already. Some people have

straintester: i feel very blessed to be able to make a nice living for my family in a compassionate practice. making sure the most in need are well taken care of is very important to GKG.

plough: Considering the fact that TG is providing valuable information to a group of farmer's whose livelihoods hang in the balance as we crunch the most serious problem of the season thus-far, I'd have to agree with whoever it was who deemed your post "unhelpful."

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Yeah for what it's worth I've been quitely lurking, but continuously listening to Tri and he's on the level. I wouldn't consider him hijacking because the information he's gifting out is to nomaad and others in need. Not to mention it's knowledge that you can't readily go up to your everyday citizen and expect them to know or be able to explain to you how it works.

Now that I said that I must say this..I'm not trying to kiss your ass here, you did seem a bit brash with your older SN, but since then you've been more than helpful-quite pleasurable and I commend you Trinity Gold.

nomaad

Veteran
Since my mind is in prevention mode:

I am seeing a ton of white moth/butterflies fluttering around the garden this year. Much more so than last. I will be doing the monthly application of Spinosad this week. I am hoping to be able to get in one more Spinosad application before flower set.

Anybody taking any other preventative measures this year?

Y

Yankee Grower

If you're in prevention mode and concerned about spraying Spinosad after flower set maybe try some BTi sprays also. If you get eggs on the plants the Spinosad may not get any hatching caterpillars. Since BTi is only a bacteria won't affect bud quality. I've used Serenade very late in flower and did not notice any difference in the smoke.

T

Trinity Gold

Why not stop covering the dep? Days are 14 hours and my stuff is 4 weeks in, it isn't going to re veg especially with the temps getting cool and the days getting shorter..they'll just take a week longer to finish but finish bigger and greasier

Y

Yankee Grower

Hopefully they will come up with an alternative cause EDTA messes up your microlife.

nomaad

Veteran
Why not stop covering the dep? Days are 14 hours and my stuff is 4 weeks in, it isn't going to re veg especially with the temps getting cool and the days getting shorter..they'll just take a week longer to finish but finish bigger and greasier

Good question... been pondering this, pretty much nonstop, for the last few days. An extra week of flowering would not be a bad thing for this crop... they could use a little more recovery time from this root situation. Also, the rust situation is getting bad... uncovered nights and a thurigensis/subtilis foliar would probably do wonders.

The question: do I believe? do I have the same faith that you do that nightmare scenarios (i.e. herm>pollination>disastro!) won't play out? I am 30 days in... was planning on waiting another 8-10 days. the idea of stopping now makes me nervous. no doubt.

localhero

wow what a crappy scenario. on one hand u have rust growing, on the other you have the possibility of freaked out plants herming. first the weird root pathogen now this. damn nomaad youre kinda stressing me out over here.

why dont you check the weather, if the nights are gona be cooling off then that would mean less night time humidity and id wait the 8 days. if not, fuck it go for it and stop pulling?

T

Trinity Gold

What would cause them to herm out? The only time that a light cycle being changed would harm them would be say if they were flowering now you pull the tarp at 8 and 8 well if you still had your dome and there was some light pollution extending it back in to veg hours..that would be all bad and i'd worry about them getting confused then...but going from 12 to 14 hours is no big deal.

EDTA is a formaldehyde derived product....Keep it out of your soil !

nomaad

Veteran
The black boxes are way behind what I was seeing at this time last year.... granted, I am doing some later strains, but when I compare what they look like now to what my black boxes looked like last year... its just not looking nearly as good.

Localhero: you're getting stressed out? lol. the humidity in there is 99% no matter what the night temps are going to be like.

try comb

The black boxes are way behind what I was seeing at this time last year.... granted, I am doing some later strains, but when I compare what they look like now to what my black boxes looked like last year... its just not looking nearly as good.

Localhero: you're getting stressed out? lol. the humidity in there is 99% no matter what the night temps are going to be like.

are the master and bubz still on track or also seem to be slipping?

nomaad

Veteran
I am being a little hard on myself... paranoid too. Possibly connected to a bag of Gangster Purps that I have been medicating with. i am not gangster enough, i guess.

try comb: not a whole lot.

Latest posts

Latest posts