What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
So, after one more dose of mycostop when the plants are thirsty again, I am going to hit the roots with some of that 3rd Eye Dry which I got for half price at the local hydro hole in the wall. It is not to be used during flower so I won't be able to hit the black boxes with it.

Can't stress enough that I should have been on top of this from a preventative stance.

Last edited:

nomaad

Veteran
TG: That spot for fresh MycoStop in arcata is really working out for a friend of mine who lost 4 BIG Dreams the other day. Slimy at the base as you said to look for. He would have lost sleep till tuesday or maybe wednesday since the fedex man don't go out his way. Lets hope this saves the day for us all. Parts of my black box are looking defficient, though they were fed with Biolink 3-3-3 less than a week ago. I am going to hit em with Age Old Bloom as soon as we're done watering in the MycoStop, trying to let them dry out sufficiently between waterings/feedings. We check the base of our stems twoce daily to make sure there is no sliminess...but at that point, is it already too late?

T

Trinity Gold

Once you can start wiping away stem from the base of the plant it is a race against time to get as much MycoStop and RootShield on there as possible. Once the slime fully rings the stem it's over.

Damn. Losing 4 big dreams would be a nightmare. Hopefully there's something to replace..

All of these root rot problems seem so unsimilar to mine... they happen from over watering/ soilborne pathogens etc right? But mine is so slow to show such fast devastation like yours... no slime.. no rubbing rigs off stem...

mine just seems it has an inability to absorb to water given to them...

what are the different soilborne diseases/ pathogens, rot, etc? and what do the different ones do?

nomaad

Veteran
LB530: I'm betting some deeper ICM research would yield a ton of such information. Do some research and post it up here.

phatsesh

Can't stress enough that I should have been on top of this from a preventative stance.

me and my buddies joke about this, for everything we prevent something else is messed up and we are always learning new things so many years later.

one here one there isnt bad in garden like yours, nice werk

T

Trinity Gold

LayedBack : I think there is something keeping the turgor pressure from getting to where it needs to go in your plants..Keeping them from transporting water through the vascular system properly ...I think your plants are pulling the water up in a trickle instead of in hyper drive like they're supposed to be. A foliar spray of potassium silicate and calcium nitrate..that should get them going.

mule420

LayedBack : I think there is something keeping the turgor pressure from getting to where it needs to go in your plants..Keeping them from transporting water through the vascular system properly ...I think your plants are pulling the water up in a trickle instead of in hyper drive like they're supposed to be. A foliar spray of potassium silicate and calcium nitrate..that should get them going.

Great call Trinity Gold!

LayedBack the PH is pretty high with it like 11+ so I cut it down to a more reasonable level... I use the hell out of it because in hydro we have 0%... However soil gardens do suffer from lack of silicate depending on how the soil is processed. :)

Tri: I had bought the Rhino Skin (potassium silicate? right?) but you told me is was like expensive water bottles (also hygrozyme) so i returned it.

I guess you might have been under the impression i was having the same problem as Maad with the root rot.

But with the extra info i stated: strong stems and branches, just no productive growth. After 30 DAYS they are the same size after transplant pretty much, and just now are beginning to yellow large fan leaves and dye off. - Is that way you suggest Potassium silicate (Rhino Skin?) now?

Also i have some Calcium 25... but having trouble finding the ingredients (and i dont have the bottle) Is that calcium nitrate or what do you suggest? Also, Do i combine the P and the Ca in the foliar spray? (assuming adjust to 5.8-6.0)

T

Trinity Gold

RhinoSkin is 1% potassium Silicate and 99% water. I still would not recommend you spend your money on AN products. There are much better potassium silicate products on the market. I like Rambridge CannaMax..You use 1mL per gallon! Try fogging them with CalMag+ and a good potassium silicate multiple times per day...A neighbor was going through what you're describing and we turned his garden around by using a shit load of MycoApply Liquid Endo and foliar spraying with CalMag+ and CannaMax...

Calcium 25 isn't calcium nitrate. Botanicare Cal Mag+ is a good product to use to get calcium, magnesium, iron and sulfur ( mag and iron are one the keys to photosynthesis along with the carbon absorbed thru the leaf ) to your plants.

MycoApply Liq Endo? Hopefully my hydro store has it. Have time to elaborate on the product? what it does and how THAT one is applied? with Cal and Canna Foliar? or sep?

So Cal Mag and CannaMax... multiple times a day... even in the heat of the chico sun? or perhaps just mornings and evenings?

BTW I think this is my last hope and you are the only one who has seems to have a different route than root rot or soil borne pathogens which just doesnt make sense..

Once again, thanks for your input Tri Tips ;)

T

Trinity Gold

1 gallon treats 60 acres if you use their app rate (which I didn't, and all that happened was more colonization faster in a smaller area) It has a very high CFU of multiple endo strains which work very well with hemp / cannabis.

We put that in the mixing tank and watered it in. It passed through his filter no problem. Very good product.

The sun in Trinity county isn't any dimmer than down in the valley brother...in fact we're closer to it! He was out spraying at 7a , 10a , 5p , and 8p weather permitting..

I think that hitting them with some kind of endo mycorrhiza , MycoStop (it makes the roots BUST) at the root zone and hitting them with Cal / Mag and Potassium Silicate may get you somewhere.

Invest in a plant field meter kit from cropmeters for next year

T

Trinity Gold

He can just go get a jug of it from the dro store, might be harder for him to get Calcium Nitrate powder ...I had to order my sack off the web.

Are there any Cal Mag products on the market that just have calcium nitrate and mag sulfate ??

hogan400

im noticing some similar issues too. posted a separate thread called "strange plant drooping with def" today, with some pics, maybe you guys can take a look at them for me as to not hi-jack. also nomaad, i was curious if you ever added any romulan x pineapple crosses to the program somewhere? things here are looking nice with the exception of our strange weather!