What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
Score One for Ocean Forest vs. Black Gold. Plants of the same strains potted in Black Gold have started to show an obvious N defficiency while those potted in FFOF are doing just fine. FFOF plants are bigger as well... but that could have as much to do with placement in the greenhouse as with the amount of N in the soil.

nomaad

Veteran
...and apparently, the douchebag cannot change its douchebaggery.

Re: Cali Connection gear. Start a thread in Strains and Hybrids section or find one that already exists. Nothing personal, but I don't want it here. And there is sure to be some shit talking from having it brought up. Thanks.

Show some respect, man. I specifically asked for the topic to be left alone in this thread... If the leopard's spots that can't be changed are blatant disrespect and the need to talk smack, you're not welcome here. My last request was that if you can't keep your shit talking out of it, to stay out of the thread. Its obvious you can't help yourself. How bout just staying out altogether?

I take a lot of time and energy to make this thread a place for positivity. You are no longer welcome here. Any chance you can respect that? Obviously, nobody has any expectation that you will. Surprise the world and grow up a bit.

nomaad

Veteran
you [smartly] edited out the part where you talk a bunch of smack about swerve and the seed co. don"t add "liar" to the list of "spots". In the future, I will quote you so you can't try to weasel out of shit. Lamer by the day.

P

planty

Sorry but what's bad about saying that Obsolete marketed his seeds under Swerves company so they would be easy to sell since Cali Connect Seed Co is now a very well known company? Seems like that would have been a smart thing fro OB to do , rather than come out with yet another brand in a time where there are more and more seed pimps in the game than ever?

Bye

nomaad

Veteran
So... after another morning of positive intentions shat upon... i regroup and return to what's important.

Got the B Garden half-ready yesterday and will complete that today. One Black Box is done and the other will be today or tomorrow after some modifications to the fence. I'll be pulling tarp no later than the 15th, but maybe a bit earlier if things start to get too big.

I'm holding off on a major photo update till its done.

All in by the 5th at the home gardens. And then... a surprise.

wisco61

Wanted to post regarding the smart pot removal. I transplanted out of 1 gal smart pot type pots this year and used the roll down method you are talking about. I usually use a net pot which worked very well, but of course I forgot it in the truck one trip. So I found a tree stump the correct size and that was easy too. I think its just a matter of taking it slow and rolling it down evenly. The dirt looks like its loose and fragile, but thats just the air pruning. Here's a terrible pic.

Anyways, thats my experience. I find it easy to do in the middle of the woods wearing gloves and a bug net, its seems an awful waste to cut them open in your backyard.

nomaad

Veteran
for sure. I feel shitty being wasteful anywhere. Did another couple of dozen pots yesterday... works with one set of hands, but when you add a second pair it zips down super slick.

C

CityOfTrees530

you think they would make some sp with zippers on the side seems like that would just eliminate all problems.

nomaad

Veteran
was actually seriously considering marketing an SP with industrial velcro running up two seems... but since i now find them unnecessary, I'm over it. While I still think they would sell, its is not my style to add another product to a bloated market, whose need is obviated by a simple and free technique. I was gonna call em "transpots."

When I was getting the smartbeds made I am pretty sure I saw that high calipre sells a product with slits down both sides. Maybe its a delusion... I'll look it up when I get a chance. If they do exist outside of my imagination you may be able to modify them to your needs.

C

CityOfTrees530

I think they should get on it and market a cage or some form of support specifically for cannabis plants. Velcro would be a good idea as well, cheaper then a zipper.

hogan400

nomaad, im very nervous about my first yr being a success....

i notice you and your people here all seem to be pulling your plants outta your smart pots? i have a question? actually a few......

i always throw my smarts on top of my next container and the roots grow right thru, indoors of course. this being the case in the "large plant world" are you noticing the pots holding the roots back or something?

and have any of you tried to rock em straight thru?

mine are on top of the hundos about 8" deep as of june 1st, the roots are starting to come thru but i will lift em and roll the pots off if you think its a better way to go......
thank you.

nomaad

Veteran
hogan: i am sorry, but I don't have a definitive answer to your question. This is one of the experiments I was planning on doing this year... just tossing a smartpot right into another smartpot and seeing what happens as compared to transplanting in the traditional manner.

I do know that one very experienced grower I know of did use this method once... he did not run a side-by-side, so he never proved or disproved the method.

I would say you should run an experiment and see what happens. I am very interested to see it myself. I don't think I am going to do it in a BIG pot, but perhaps in a 65 in the light dep. It would depend a lot on how much the roots are coming the the SP... I always have something coming out the bottom of the pot, but if there were a lot of deep roots coming out, i would leave it alone, not wanting to put the plant into shock.

But if there is only a little bit of rooting going on, I would roll off the pots and transplant normally... reason being, I can tell you with the force of experience that they will do well that way and I can only guess as to how they will do with the pot inside the pot. whatever you do, true data will only come from a side-by-side comparison. I look forward to your findings... start a thread on the topic as I am sure quite a few people are wondering the same thing.

And dude... I am also very nervous about my second season being a success. Welcome to farming. I wish you the best of luck this season.

"ALL IN BY THE FIFTH", I said.... gonna be a busy day, but it looks like the sun came out to play.

H

humboldtlocal

Hey bro, I hope your planting goes great today. It is looking pretty nice up here as well.
The Blue Dream you gave us is blowing up. It was the first plant to hit the top of the hoop and we had already topped it when we first got it. Thanks again it looks great.
picture.php