What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad III: 2011

BongRipkenJR.

Oh, and I think that might be speculation on the blue dragon. I had some people in Chico tell me it was a blueberry X haze back in 04 I believe, and in 08 I was told by some humboldt peeps that it was just blue dream. It is very different than Blue Dream in flavor, smell, and look so I dont know. All I know is it yields heavy and I really love the smoke. Havent had it in 3 years and have been trying to get some cuts.

G

guest8905

Hey nomaad thought id check in here, another year here we go!!!

lovin your selection this year...there was a blue dragon circa 99'00' around butte that was solid blue at the end of the run, i would be surprised if it had diesel in it, but you know there are lots of things with the same name around.

The nepal is urkle imo, but very nice nonetheless.

I also like the idea of the platpurps in dep. She will do well for sure!
ok keep up the good work.

StickKy :rasta:

nomaad

Veteran
Well... if she is nothing but Blue Dream, I will know pretty fast. I can ID her from a stem rub while she is still in the cloner. That would be a shame. I have already gotten rid of every other Blue Dream cut I have collected because none stand up to the cut I have kept. Both Tom Hill and I ran multiple cuts of Blue Dream from different sources (as well as my Clueberry) in 2010 and without a doubt, the one we have narrowed it down to kills all the rest.

As always, we shall see.

One of my Blue Dragon sources is currently finishing up a round of indoor, so we will know one way or the other if its just Blue Dream or a cross.

The black boxes will be mainly Sour D and OG. I am tossing the large bed paradigm and everything in the BB's will be in 20 gallon smarties. In lesser quantities will be Nepal/Erkle, Platinum Purps, Ganster Purps and whatever else i find between now and then.

BongRipkenJR.

Dude, the blue dragon is very different from Blue Dream. It is old school though. I think it is just a different pheno type from the same parents that made blue dream. Grow it out bud, you will like it! I am jealous :)

Cloning ops have begin in earnest with the first round (almost wiped out when I left a cloner shut off last night after inspecting all the lovely new roots. In the end I lost about 20% and the survivors at the very least, traumatized. We'll see if I wasted a week or not.

Anyhow... Good luck to all this season.

Man can't remember how many times I've done that.... Now I keep my machine on a 15 on 15 off timer and just rotate it till it turns off when I wanna a peep. That way it doesn't matter how smoked out I am..

Looking forward to another season.. Big ups!!

feenom

Last year it occurred to me that 1000w HID lighting does nearly as good a job heating a space as a 1500w electric heater... makes perfect sense to sup with them in the early season and benefit from the heat as well as the light.

yep. :D

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey buddy!
Took me too long to find your new thread. I'm up and running in new digs, indoor as usual, but widely expanded. Keeping it quiet on the thread front till I've pulled a few more in her. I wonder if the Blue Dream you have is the one I dropped at GKG so long ago. Blue Dragon sounds like fun, too.
Hit me up if you're down in the bay.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey bro. No, my BD cut came from Covelo, my first season.

I am stoked for Blue Dragon. Still trying to figure out as much as possible about her origins. Seems like there are plenty of creation myths...

Still holding on to my favorite grinder?

calicoli06

I hope you find the original Blue Dragon. I remember trimming some indoor BD when I first starting growing in 02. Huge colas that were harder than a baseball bat!
peace

jdkronyk101

yo maad,
just checkin in. here in trinity we are all busy gearing up for a great year.i will be following this thread... best of luck to you'all. blessings
jdkronyk

nomaad

Veteran
thanks for stopping by, jd.

Nomaad Could you please explain how you will be preventing Fusarium this year?

I am watering Mycostop into newly planted clones and all subsequent transplantings. It will be a standard part of my transplant tonic. I will also drench the big pots as soon as they have been thoroughly treated with Hygrozyme, have any remaining roots sifted out and are amended.

Hoping for a nice dry month of May.

deepcover

aussie tonic hey? i didnt know green planet sold their nutrients in cali. anyways it isnt just B vitamins (which apparently dont even have that much scientific backing behind them for plant use im told) but also C and D and K i think? Vitamin C has been shown in studies to be beneficial. do u use massive as well? im considering adding it to my flowering cycle but am kind of wary of such products

nomaad

Veteran
Green Planet products are not on many shelves, but C.A.P. was distributing it in CA last year.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Nomaad best wishes to you for the season. You where talking alittle bit about how you trim in Ganja D's thread, and you mentioned something about wet trimming? And what I got from it is that you don't trim your plants when there wet? Do you take the fans off then dry em and then trim them?

I ask because I ussually only trim when the plants are wet becasue it is so much easier to me. And wanted to know what the benafits would be to dry and then trim?

mapinguari

Veteran
Guyute, the three things I hear the most in favor of dry trimming are: 1) leaves left on slow drying, which is better; 2) leaves protect calyxes and trichomes; 3) final trimming can be done more slowly with dried herb.

I like to take off the fan leaves and leave everything else till it's dry.

I'm sure nomaad will speak for himself.

Latest posts

Latest posts