What's new

Nomaad III: 2011

somoz

Veteran
Glad to see things moving along here nomaad, you ever sort out your brix mix conundrum? Last time I checked in I saw you were on the hunt....

The last round we did on our indoors we had a BlackBerry Kush, PK, and an unknown cross that all pre flowered on us. I feel many of the inward growing kushes, afgooy type of plants lean towards the pre flowering no matter what. We rock 20/4 in the veg with a ceiling fluoro on 24hrs and all three plants still pre flowered. Genetics. And from my observations many of them have a very similar growth structure, where they grow inwards instead of out and up....I wonder if there's a parent lineage in their genes that lead to this?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
blackberry likes to preflower.....my main suspicion was it was rootbound....but i had OGs preflower on me too under 18-6 even though it hasnt happened in a few rounds...must have been stress..

nomaad

Veteran
So... I have made my first serious mistake of the season. I bought a 100g package of Mycostop for $330 shipped. I have been watering in into evreything that is in 2s, 5s and 10s over the last 9 days that they have been in the greenhouse. Been taking a couple of grams and mixing up 5 gallon batches and hitting plants one by one as they dry out completely.

I just read a webpage that states that once a package of Mycostop is opened it immediately begins to deteriorate. There is some good basic info here on many of the different soil pathogen countermeasures we have been discussing here. http://greenmethods.com/products/disease-ctrls/

SO... unless u are planning to hit a large garden all at once, I'd order the right packaging size for your specific application. Its more expensive, unfortunately, but knowing that your biologicals are alive at the time of application is pretty important.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
might try storing it in the fridge. that should slow down the deterioration, as long as it's kept dry.

nomaad

Veteran
I keep all biologicals in the fridge and in ziplocks once open. According to the distributor, Mycostop deteriorates on contact with oxygen.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
quick question on early flowering:

i have some 4-footers that are going outside tomorrow, get natural sun for a week, then blackboxed until july harvest

do you think leaving them outside for a week before flipping them will cause any problems? i just want to give them an extra week to root in their new pots without flowering. i guess it doesnt matter, just a week, but still..

glad everything is going well Nomaad keep up the hard work

nomaad

Veteran
IMO it does matter. Its going to depend on the strain, but just about anything will begin to flower if you put it outside without supplemental light right now.

If you want them to stay in veg for a week in the new pots, you'll have to throw some supplemental lighting on them to be sure. Otherwise, there is a good chance they will begin to flower immediately. Not the end of the world since you're planning on depping them shortly, but if they were full season plants I would recommend strongly against allowing them to go into flower now.

T

Trinity Gold

Hey bro do you have anything plugged in yet? I think by this time last year you were in already. I have my garden with 60 in and I'm waiting till June 1 for my others. They're all covered with 6 mil plastic because I don't have nice weather yet like ya'll down there

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
IMO it does matter. Its going to depend on the strain, but just about anything will begin to flower if you put it outside without supplemental light right now.

If you want them to stay in veg for a week in the new pots, you'll have to throw some supplemental lighting on them to be sure. Otherwise, there is a good chance they will begin to flower immediately. Not the end of the world since you're planning on depping them shortly, but if they were full season plants I would recommend strongly against allowing them to go into flower now.

Thanks! i will see what we can do about supp lighting, maybe fluoros taped to the top of the hoop houses for a week, running at night. kinda cloudy today too, beter not rain haha

nomaad

Veteran
Nice weather? Goon one, my friend. We had snow last night and I'm looking at 5 days of rain in the 15 day forecast. But it don't worry me none.

I was all in by June 3rd last year. I think we started plugging on the 2nd.

Same plan this year with some minor changes. Everything is still in 5's 10's and 2's out in the dome. Where temps are being maintained above 50 degrees at night. I have some supplemental radiant heating on a strain that had trouble with the cold last year. Last year we had snow on the 24th if I am not mistaken.

This week, I hope to be plugging all the black boxes as the structures are now built and can be heated if necessary. They will be going from 5's and 2's into 45's and vegged till they are ready to flip. Would have loved to have em in already

Full season plants will all be ready to come out of their 5's and 10's by the 1st... or the third as it turned out last year.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
jeez 45 gallon's for blackbox? , do u think i have a chance of yielding anything decent off my 15 gallon smarts? also when you blackbox what is your dep regimen? not sure if that is a stupid question. thanks

nomaad

Veteran
you could do just fine in 10's or 15s in a blackbox... just use more of them.

I am going for rapid growth on transplant with plenty of space to minimize the slowing down of growth that happens when your plants realize they are in a container.

My black box regimen has been to cover it from 8pm till 8am until the last 2 weeks at which point I stop covering them.

nomaad

Veteran
I am going to try and ventilate the humid air out of the boxes this year... at least on the box that contains my chemD.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I was in Mendo for the weekend and the weather had serious confusion issues. Rained hard all last night, then hailed, then sunshine, then rain again. Waking up in cold puddles hungover from a beerfest is a great way to start a Sunday morning, let me tell you.

PS Nomaad did you get a chance to see my buddy this weekend? I hope so, you are both great people and I could see a nice biz/pleasure relationship happening. Peace brotha stay dry.

feenom

Its going to depend on the strain, but just about anything will begin to flower if you put it outside without supplemental light right now.

this is not true. many of the old school farmers in my neighborhood go out every year by this time with no supp light , good weather permitting...if you have good exposure you'd be fine...so long as there was some better weather than we are getting right now...

Latest posts

Latest posts