What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NL5xHz test comparison grow outdoor greenhouse grow

funkyhorse

1.) It's not all NL5. Your plants show the NL5 calyx on a Haze spear bud, not pure NL5 colas.

2.) Nevil worked at Sensi after he got out of jail, the same time those C5 were made. Those 91 NL5xHazeC are the same as the ones he made at his Seed Bank, original parents and all (NL5, HazeC), made 1v1, never "gangbanged".
I agree with point 1 after reading last posts. It applies for both, it is also a haze spear on a NL5 calyx bud. It is different from Ohz and from NL5. The combination created a different thing. The budding I see from NL5 x Skunk picture is also something different from both parents

I will stick to call the phenos I see triangle pheno and foxtail/spear pheno
Both phenos can be seen clearly with the selected males as well.
NL5 x Hz F3 male.jpeg

I only used the spear pheno because I saw inbreeding depression coming out of the triangle pheno and made a few seed. I want to outcross a selected or the selected phenos of this to a pure sativa

Both phenos smell similar and it is different from both ohz and NL5
It is not hashy, it is not berry, it is not fruity. These can apply for both the NL5 x Hz Mr Nice and the Haze 1 from Nirvana. I am getting first smoke reports from neighbours about the NL5 x Hz Mr Nice bazooka bubblegum phenos and they say they like it more than the Zamaldelicas of last year. They dont know the name of the strains they smoke

It is remarkable it has floral and spice smells all of them.
I outcrossed Seedsman Hz and THH with indicas and what I got was fruity, hashy and berry smells and tastes. But what I have sadly has inbreeding depression
Nevil worked with pure Ohz F1 and I doubt there is inbreeding depression in that stock
The Ohz I got is at F14 or something like that. It lost spark. The THH I have same problem, it is 2 generations away from raco repro.
I would like to know if crossing an indica with a pure sativa without inbreeding depression would give sativa terpenes like this NL5 x Hz cross

NL5 x Hz F4 girl 2
I am chopping today or tomorrow
Low productivity, inbreeding depression pheno but very resinous
NL5 x Hz F4 2 (1).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 2 (2).jpeg

This is side by side with the outcross with Chocolate Thai
At this picture top shot NL5 x Hz is on the right and a branch from the other girl left
NL5 x Hz F3 2 x ctf5 girl 7 (2).jpeg

Here the top shot of NL5 x Hz F4 girl 2 is inclined to the left. The top shot is like a mid branch of the other plant
NL5 x Hz F4 2 left NL5 x Hz F3 1 x ctf5 1 right.jpeg

This is NL5x Hz F4 girl 3. It is the longest flowering plant and is showing inbreeding depression too
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (1).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (2).jpeg

What I didnt see when using the males was the amount of resin these inbreeding depression phenos produce
This is the lowest productivity of all the NL5 x Hz F3 triangle pheno x Chocolate Thai crosses
This is girl 7. The lowest productivity, the longest flowering or close to it and the most resinous of all.
I am curious how they will smoke
NL5 x Hz F3 2 x ctf5 girl 7 (1).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 2 x ctf5 girl 7 (2).jpeg

funkyhorse

I chopped NL5 x Hz F4 girl 3 in one of the rain breaks
Very rainy weather lately and temperatures are lower than last year
Yesterday I saw for the first time hail here. The GH took a hail rain, white mesh handles it very well. The ice cubes jump out. They were not very big though but they destroy everything you are growing under the sun without roof if they get very big and for a long time

NL5 x Hz F4 girl 3 is inbreeding depression pheno
Longer internodes and little flowers. Low productivity
No fungus at all. Very resinous
Mid branches give tiny buds, only way to get some productivity from this is taking a lot of cuts and growing just the tops
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (3).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (4).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (5).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (6).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (7).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F4 3 (8).jpeg

funkyhorse

This is the pursuit of decent weed
The only reason I grow is because I cant find quality weed in this market I am in, and since I am growing myself I want to grow the best possible available weed today I can get my hands on

This is NL5 x Hz F3 triangle pheno x ctf5 girl 7
This is the inbreeding depression pheno. Plenty of resin in very tiny small buds
Low productivity. I found a couple of rotten bracts, nothing serious
2 more plants left from the crosses with ctf5. I saw rot in both of them and they need a little longer. I see more rot and I will chop
3 months flowering time and 75 days veg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (1).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (2).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (3).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (4).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (5).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (6).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (7).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (8).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 triangle x CTF5 girl 7 (9).jpeg

funkyhorse

This is the last of the NL5 x Hz F3
This is girl 3
It is the candidate for keeper
No rot at all
78 days flowering. I would have picked her yesterday but was rainy day
3 months veg. I am curious about the progeny of this girl, she is the one matching the boy
All of them similar smells
I have one more NL5 x Hz F4 left, it is inbreeding depression pheno
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (4).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (5).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (6).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (7).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (8).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (9).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (12).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 top shot.jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 3 (13).jpeg

funkyhorse

The last of the Nl5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 complained about the weather and got the chop
Very productive
Next hours the last NL5 x Hz F4 gets the chop and the last of the NL5 x Hz F3 triangle pheno x CTF5 will stay maturing until the next complain

Nl5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (1).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (2).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (3).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (4).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (5).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (6).jpeg
NL5 x Hz F3 mutant x ctf5 girl 1 (7).jpeg