What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NL5 x Haze??

JBP

So I absolutly LOVE this strain...I know its not a chem or a Kush so its not all that interesting to most buuuuuuuut....I love it!! I smoke it everytime im in amsterdam and I want to grow her....

But I dont want to buy them from Sensi Seeds...I have had bad luck with their beans in the past and I dont want a repeat...

So where is the best seed co to get NL5 x Haze?? If the group consensus is SEnsi then I will have to bite the bullet and pick em up....any suggestions??

S

Space Ghost

believe it or not, the nirvana version is very good, that's where i would start. You have to do a little pheno hunting, so id get a couple packs, but at $15 a piece, it's no big deal.

ScatMan

you beat me to it. :( but hes right buy 3 packs and your bound to find a keeper and it would prob still be much cheaper than sensi

JBP

ya...so Nirvana and sensi eh....

Jingles: have you grown out Sensi's? Did you have a good experience?

Thanks for the responses guys.... :joint:

G

JBP said:
ya...so Nirvana and sensi eh....

Jingles: have you grown out Sensi's? Did you have a good experience?

Thanks for the responses guys.... :joint:
hi, ive grown out the seedbanks haze in 89 and then sensis in 92 and then in 98. both times with sensi the plants were the same in pheno, why grow out 40+ nirvana seeds to find your keeper when you will find a nice mother in 1 pack of sensi.. :joint:

JBP

Thanks bro....Im in the process of talking to Shantibaba and seeing if he has any laying around....I mean cmon...hes got to right? LOL

But after some report reasearch....it looks like Im goin with Sensi...Wish me luck all!!

Greetings JBP

I endorse supporting the 'original' breeders when purchasing seed... but it appears as if Sensi Seeds seed stock is not what it used to be (partly speculation, partly anecdotal, partly factual), so for your consideration:

Dr. Atomic's version (IMO) is superior (Atomic Haze).
Certainly the price and the germination rates are comparatively better.

Dutch Passion's Isis is a 'selfed' representation of a fantastic Northern Lights/Haze hybrid; also recommended.

Sincerely,
Charles.

G

There has got to be a better NL5 X Haze than Sensi's.... It is not Kush, no, but seemingly based on something equally dank.

Besides Nirvana's and Sensi's are there any other ones with good results proven in the past..?

darthvapor

Ive smoked dr atomics and it was more potent in my opinion than the sensi version. Ive never grown either tho so as far as growth specs Im clueless.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Yeah, you can go with Sensi´s version, however, I think that it is not the same as Jingles had pre 2000... I dont know for sure, so you better find someone who has growed their pre 2000 & their newer stock´s. I have smoked the Sensi´s pre 2000 NL#5 x Haze and it really was the bomb smoke. Also, if Jingles had finded the same phenos in 92 & 98 make´s me believe that those were from the same parents, Jingles really knows his herbs! But still, all these bad experiences with their newer stock´s make me wonder...

I think I founded the ultimate NL x Haze, which is Breeders Choice:
Northern Lights (from the Seedbanks 1990) x pure Haze = :yummy:

I copped 10 seeds from the bay for just 65 $. Even I havent started them yet, I am waiting superior results and unique high! Flowering time is 14 - 18 weeks indoors. All this + Blockhead freebies for 65 $ makes Herbalistic go :woohoo:

There was couple pack´s of Dr.Atomics Atomic Haze in the bay´s weekend specials for 50 $. If you go with the good Dr then check out the next weekend specials, if these didnt still go...

Icusurfer: Dr Atomics NOrthern Lights#5 originates from Seedbank 1988, but I dont have info which Haze it was crossed!

Last edited:
I;ve tried both the Sensi's, and Nirvana's NL 5 X Haze, and must say Senis's is much better. I agree with JLP, on why wade through packs of Nirvana for a decent pheno, when you can have a stabel pheno from Sensi's.

All my best,

Barry

JJ-NYC

Yeah I had a bad experience with Sensi's NL5 X HZ. It took like 80+ days and it produced Big loose, loafy buds that smoked like neither Haze or NL5. Grows very vigorous. A total bomb for $140. I think I still have half a pack.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew sensi's nl5/haze in about 2003

very good

1 of the best of all time

many high yielding pheno's

definately worth a try

just hope they germ

i recently germed 5 (new packs) seeds of sensi hashplant 5 germed(surprisingly).after planting in soil, 1 dint push through soil and 1 shriveled and died so im left with 3

JBP

So I have Mr. Nice Afghan Haze and Super Silver Haze and Rez's Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze...

I hope that they will scratch my Haze itch...but now after some of these posts Im thinkin that Sensi's stock has seemingly degraded...I have had some bad experiences before and that would explain it....I could see there being a good chance that the post 2000 stock is of lesser quality....but still worth a try you think??

Latest posts

Latest posts