What's new

nl#5 gone?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NL basically grows itself dude so that makes sense the first grow. ;)

Thinking back I think I actually caught mine messin around with the nutes and shit sneakin sips of superthrive and GH flora series when I was sleeping. The whole time I blamed my roommate back then and thought he was looking at my shit! duh silly me it was the fuckin NL plants moving shit around looking for the ph tester mixing their own nutes! Crazy shit mang! :biggrin:

It has been said & speculated that SPG, the mystery plant & mother side of Sweet Tooth is actually from a very rare original NL phenotype from the olden golden days of Cannabis. :canabis:

ghost of sage

nirvana

nirvana

Here is my nirvana NL#5

Attachments

• northern lgt.jpg
    northern lgt.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
yea i always have said nothing has been like my first crop myself.. the nl was just that simple. By your description of nirvanas smell n taste it sounds like the same stuff so i'd believe sotf that these are just sensi f2's like i basically had and nirvana is known for making. might be fun to get just for flashbacks

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm guessing at this point and after so many years they are far beyond "F2's" more likely like F420's or something. Which is sometimes not a bad thing at all. :canabis:

RapidAcid

I can vouch for the DANK that was bcsc's NL#5 in the days of heavens stairway-that was a long time ago though

I still have 3 NL#5 seeds from BCSC. I ordered them almost 10 years ago, on the morning of 9/11/01 actually, I went to the post office for the money order.

I still haven't done a proper grow, I grew a couple under CFL's back when I got the seeds, but it was total amateur hour and I think I just axed the project after a couple weeks.

I'm getting back into things and will be doing my first proper grow "soon". I'll update this thread with a picture of the seed package when I start again.

E

e4ian

My first grow from just over a year ago was Nirvana's NL#5 and it turned out great.

10 days before harvest
picture.php

5 days before harvest
picture.php

when did nirvana start having nl#5 then?
id been monitoring them for over 11yrs, without success.
not so much for the past few tho'

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
when did nirvana start having nl#5 then?
id been monitoring them for over 11yrs, without success.
not so much for the past few tho'

I ordered the ones I grew out in mid 2009. I just double checked my old seed pack and it is listed as Northern Light.

E

e4ian

I ordered the ones I grew out in mid 2009. I just double checked my old seed pack and it is listed as Northern Light.

yea northern lights,but not#5 bud.
#9 's also one they use to rave about. ** still do nl#5x haze,which is a classic.

E

e4ian

f420 :) sounds like a fighterplane ;) -----ahaaaaa ' SOTF420 ' i bet tiz a plane.

I'm guessing at this point and after so many years they are far beyond "F2's" more likely like F420's or something. Which is sometimes not a bad thing at all. :canabis:

primeform

The original cut(s) are still being passed around the PNW. If you can get a cut of "Seattle Blue" you will have something closer to the classic PNW NL lines of old imo. With that said, x has the closest thing I've seen to the orignal cut in seed form.

wow i havent smoked the seattle blue since 2000. Where is that floatin around at?

jj7leaf

So....

So....

This thread has been going a while but no one has the real deal inbred NL#5???

I read through it and see the different suggestions but if I remember correctly when I was there in the 93 or 4 the Sensi northern lights seeds that I bought were a combination of the #2 and another line possibly 5 but I almost think it was #9.
If anyone (nirvana, Dr. Atomic) started with the sensi stock seeds from the 90's they don't have true #5

Deffinately still clones around, so where is that IBL seed project?

Somewhere there is a guy without internet that has been inbreeding that line for 20-30 years.....

Someone has to get there meds from him though?

jj

E

e4ian

This thread has been going a while but no one has the real deal inbred NL#5???

I read through it and see the different suggestions but if I remember correctly when I was there in the 93 or 4 the Sensi northern lights seeds that I bought were a combination of the #2 and another line possibly 5 but I almost think it was #9.
If anyone (nirvana, Dr. Atomic) started with the sensi stock seeds from the 90's they don't have true #5

Deffinately still clones around, so where is that IBL seed project?

Somewhere there is a guy without internet that has been inbreeding that line for 20-30 years.....

Someone has to get there meds from him though?

jj

yeah somebody SOMEWHERE will have a long kept mother.. ;)

mrheadie

to true fellas. we need to find "that guy" in the middle of the woods somewhere thats been running the original genes for decades!

jj7leaf

still nothing

still nothing

I thought for sure that someone would chime in and at least give some input on seed lines with NL dominant traits.

jj

jd4083

Veteran
My NL#5 poppa sprays his seed on just about every broad that walks through the door out my way :tiphat: and the clone in circulation is one of Asheville's favorite commercial cuts....keep looking, it's there....

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
i didnt read the thread but if anyone suggested dr atomics, dont believe them, ive had NL5 in a several incarnations including dr atomics and imho it doesnt represent NL5 in any way, not bein a hater, just a disapointed consumer callin it like i saw it

mithra

I think that P91 is the original northern lights from the PNW, I'v been looking up its genetics and found this, "There is also some mentioning of a private Northern Lights cutting that is said to be the real thing. It is known as P91, which stand for Poway Class of '91. This version of the plant, which originates from Poway San Diego, is supposedly an inbred or cubed version of Northern Lights #5 but this was impossible to confirm. It is considered to be one of the few, true and pure Northern Lights plants left in the world".