What's new

nl#5 gone?

Growbrass

The original cut(s) are still being passed around the PNW.

We seem to be the only area where it is very easily available I guess.... or the only area that share the REAL cuts enough to still have it around ;)

I haven't had Seattle Blue... what is in it's genetics Burma?

p.s. I'm not knocking other areas. I just hear a lot more stories coming out of other regions of mis-labeled (purposefully I assume) clones being sold/passed around. I guess there is less profit to made in BC/WA/OR off of faking the funk. Or maybe I'm just very lucky to be surrounded by stand up folks.

BigBurma

We seem to be the only area where it is very easily available I guess.... or the only area that share the REAL cuts enough to still have it around ;)

I haven't had Seattle Blue... what is in it's genetics Burma?

I wish I could get a straight answer on that myself. She is in the same family for sure and people have not played the name game with her so if you get the cut you will know what you have. It reminds me of most of the old west coast afghani's...grows slow...single cola if untopped...high yeilds in sog w/CO2...fat round top colas (like a real NL should have imho).

The older guys have told me that in the 80's they were all breeding for high yielding short indoor plants. Seattle Blue, NL, 84UW, the old Purple Kush "NW grapes" lines etc came out of the work done by all the old guys back then in the area. Who knows for sure though you know? But there are many old keepers floating around for sure.

Burt

Veteran
MRHEADIE, I have this blue hashplant that has the exact same phenotype that those NL5 seeds from the western dead shows used to produce.this is the closest plant I've seen , physically speaking, phenotypically anyway...is this type of bud the kind you remember.Bear with meI just started growing this cut from a friend and I'm so stoked about it's old school looks I'm all worked up!!I have several pics to bore ya'll with and this is by no means a NL5 but it represents, I think what we used to trade for, 5 nitrous tanks for 100 seeds, I think that's what I used to pay....
picture.php

That's the one!
I can smell the dank grapeness over here
The structure of your lady along with the colas is NL all the way

Dr. Atomic has Northern Lights and Northern Lights #5. Poke around the Internet, they are available. The Doctor has been creating seeds for a long tome. The photo of the original NL #5 cutting in The Seed Bank catalog is still an inspiration. It is obvious to me the Doctor has been back crossing to his original cutting for generations. Dr. Atomic NL #5 is the foundation of all my seeding projects. It is a short plant that is easy to grow, very forgiving of mistakes in soil. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

mrheadie

damn chaco!!! you never cease to amaze me my friend. i'll take 2 please!!!
looks very close to the cut my buddies worked with back then. not sure if they paid with nitrous :)

Burt

Veteran
Im sorry highest ground but my Dr Atomic NL run was very dissappointing
maybe its cause i'm old shool and remember the real NL from the intial sensi offering?
SOT420 is dead on-the best NL is probably gonna be one selected from the good old days-and that exactly what nirvana seeds are

S

scoobie

I grew out some Nirvana NL about 10 years ago!!! It was, and still is, one of the very best Ive Grown. Thier Durban Poison at that time was also great , Strong and Trippy.

mrheadie

hey guys, grabbed a pack of bogs bogglegum in hopes of finding a nl pheno. i figured if i dont find an nl keeper, i'll find a keeper of some sort in his gear!!!

yoss33

Veteran
I too can confirm that Nirvana's NL is very good - consistent, strong all-around smooth high, sweet piney taste, high yield, compact... the perfect indoor plants.

thumbnailgreen

neville produced some pure NL#5 seeds but they never got distributed then ben dronkers bought nevils seed bank and distroyed the seeds he didnt want anyone elese to have the genetics

i was told the true nl#5 was true breeding? had f2's made from sensi stock in my first grow.. got them from a friend cuz i needed something with low odor and always read it was the one. almost had a dirty sock smell in my mind but real faint. potentcy was top shelf but i was amatuer back then. ignore left two tall colas, those were crap fluff nl x super chrystal, all leaning buds on right were nl#5

Attachments

• nl super chrystal 1st.JPG
    nl super chrystal 1st.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 9

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
Im sorry highest ground but my Dr Atomic NL run was very dissappointing
maybe its cause i'm old shool and remember the real NL from the intial sensi offering?
SOT420 is dead on-the best NL is probably gonna be one selected from the good old days-and that exactly what nirvana seeds are

i second this, FWIW ATOMIC NL was a huge disapointment for me, it made huge buds,but had a bland taste, not a great high, very sativa skinny leaves, tons of pistils, did not resemble true NL5 in any measure, 70 plus days,did not match description and i would not buy from dr atomic again

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirvana, nirvana, nirvana :biggrin:

Pure old school NL is very true breeding imho, hence the Nirvana stock from old Sensi lines :canabis:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't have em anymore bro but if you don't believe me, well you better ask somebody! ;)

Nirvana beans are literally "stuck in time" they have some new stuff sure but everything else is old school and in somewhat of a timewarp. Don't expect every single plant to be a winner but the genetics are there imho to find a nice keeper and fair representation of what the old NL is like. :canabis:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
My first grow from just over a year ago was Nirvana's NL#5 and it turned out great.

10 days before harvest
picture.php

5 days before harvest
picture.php

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First grow??????????? :respect:

Looks pretty damn good to me and I'm sure it could have been even better once perfected.

Nice pics dude, I would smoke that for sheezy! :canabis:

i thought that was what i had read about and told about the true breeding sotf, thanks for confirming my memories. That first grow was 11 years ago and a treasure of nl and nl x blueberry crosses. well missed, always remember your first

cottonmouth what was smell/high like? wouldnt mind gettin something like that back again, hell looks a lot like i had but better. For the price of nirvana beans it looks well worth it.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
cottonmouth what was smell/high like? wouldnt mind gettin something like that back again, hell looks a lot like i had but better. For the price of nirvana beans it looks well worth it.

When growing it was almost odorless and I did not know about curing so it was over dried and did not have much flavor but it had a very nice sociable stone to it. I need to pick up some more, they are great genetics at a great price.

First grow??????????? :respect:

Looks pretty damn good to me and I'm sure it could have been even better once perfected.

Nice pics dude, I would smoke that for sheezy! :canabis:

Thanks SOFT420, my wife and I both think my first grow was my best, ain't that some fucked up shit? I had so many issues too, lol. At least this next run will be the first time I am not making any major changes, I have pretty much changed grow styles almost every round but I have learned a ton thanks to peeps like you spreading the knowledge.

:thank you: