What's new

Nirvana White Rhino

G

I got lucky with a pack of White Rhino from Nirvana - one nice pheno in the whole pack - and she turns a lovely purple if the temps are below 80. Smells very fruity, then skunky when cured. Decent yielder too - couldn't be happier with it really. Haven't run her in a while though - will do that and try to post some pics.

GoodbyeBlueSky said:
anyone seen the purple pheno in Nirvana's White Rhino...

just curious as to how common it is... i've heard other people remark on it...

Lucky 7

I have a huge Nirvana W Rhino going outdoors now . . . can't wait to get her inside, naked, in the dark; perhaps we'll watch a movie . . . :D

very nice pics, everybody

G

Have a few of her going tree-style right now. Only a couple more weeks and I promise pics.

Horus

Hehe great buds man, but hay? He probably should've cured it for longer and it'd smell better. What do I know though we never get named dank here, just the "hay" smell is associated with shwag (not suggesting that that's shwag haha I'm just saying I always thought it meant it was uncured; same goes for the christmas tree/minty smell most of the time).

I grew out some Nirvana White Rhino over a year ago, it was decent but nothing special IMO. I had 3 phenos:

Pheno 1- Very Indica Leaning (i'm gonna say 80-100% indica)
Pheno 2- Indica Leaning Pheno (65-70% Indica)
Pheno 3- Mixed Pheno (50-60% Indica, turned purple)

The Indica Leaning Pheno (1) was decent in potency, but severely lacking in taste and length of high. Best pheno sadly.

The Other Indica Leaning Pheno (2) had little potency, a mediocre taste and mediocre length of high.

The Purple pheno (3) was very bland in taste and had little potency, high didn't last very long either. Got rid of her.

ALl of them yielded poorly also (400w, GH 3-part Nutes, 3 gallon pots), and the quickest flowering one took over 65 days to flower, the other two took about 70-72 days. None of them really got that nice strong smell either, even after a proper drying and curing they still had a bland non-existant smell. I'm use to buds that when you open a jar you can smell it from half way across the room.

The only positive thing was they had good bag appeal, but that means nothing when your actually smoking them. I then grew out a pack of Nirvana Bubbilicious and had very similar results, and the same purple pheno out of 4 plants. It seems to me like all their strains are exactly alike.

I personally have stayed away from nirvana after those experiences, every other seed company has served me well except them. Even the mandala strains i've tried ($15 a pack) produced much better smoke IMO.

Last edited:
It's interesting that to some, Nirvana's WR is the bomb and to others it's just ok. SweetIndica, would you say that the WR you grew was still top tier weed (headies or kind or whatever the lingo is in your area) and that it was only average or below average for top tier weed? Is it just that you're used to the best homegrown uncompressed weed out there, and WR was only so-so? Or was it truly a case of, you grew something that you would only pay 40-50 an eighth for?

It wasn't terrible, but not up to par with most of what i've grown and smoked over the years. I'm sure there are good phenos to be had, but i personally didn't find them. Although, i didn't really expect them to be that stable. Nirvana is alright for the price, but IMO considering you can get good deals on quality seeds nowerdays (mandala, annac, seedsman, etc), i think you can get a better deal.

keep in mind though, the WR and bubbilicious certainly weren't terible. Considering the area i live in (in the city, in the northeast), most casual smokers would consider this to be excellent bud. Good bud does not often come around here, and when it does only people who are really into it usually have some, and it's for their head. Mainly just schwag and beasters go through here. I'm lucky, because i don't have to deal with that around here...i know people who live on the west coast and i also have access to the local strains (East Coast Sour Diesel, Mass. Super Skunk, Strawberry Cough)

Last edited:
So a really well grown top strain is something that most smokers don't see often? That's what I want to grow, something that you can't GET through your typical dealer....

Well, it all depends on WHO you get your bud from. Obviously a casual smoker, someone who doesn't know alot about weed probably will never get bud that is great. Some people, get very good bud and would consider nirvana's smoke poor quality. It all depends on someones perspective. I suggest growing some and trying it for yourself, only real way to tell how much you will like it.

Last edited:

touringfunkband

I'm growing two white rhino's and two white widow's both which are at two weeks veg right now. Compared to the two widows, the rhino's are much more vigorous. I was a little surprised that all four plants started showing lack of nutrients right around ten days. I'm using Pure Blend Grow at full strength and they all seem to eat it up. My soil mix is Fox Farm Planting mix with 15% perlite added. Watering with distilled H20 since day one.

bozga

C'mon man, I've just wanted to buy WR and now I'm little confused. Some say Nirvana WR is great, some say its crap. So what is it? :)
Peace,
Boz

I've noticed that too, bozga. You always here conflicting reports on strains. Some say XX strain is the bomb, one of the 5 best they've ever had, it's never leaving their garden, yada yada. Then another guy will post and say it was only average potency, thought it was blah, didnt keep any clones of it, etc etc.
It could be due to a number of reasons: maybe they got a bad phenotype, maybe the high wasn't really for them (gave em a headache or something), maybe they're competitors and want to bash all other seeds, maybe the grow wasnt dialed in, maybe the strain was overhyped, etc.
But even with all the naysayers, it'd still probably be dank weed. Even sweetindica, who didn't particularly care for it, said that most people would consider it good weed. I think with almost any strain you could find reviews that aren't favorable...

Shliite

i've seen enough convincing pictures and reports to attract me to nirvana's white rhino. For only $12.50 along with a freebie pack of DVP's Sweet Warp, it will make for a good test run for my first DWC run.

You gotta keep in mind also, that most people growing nirvana seeds are newer growers. Not saying this is a bad thing, and i'm not saying only inexperienced growers use them...but generally speaking because they aren't a big investment, most newer growers will grab a pack or two or nirvana seeds when starting out. Most people that are giving it rave reviews, have not been growing that long...So if they give it an awesome review, how can they tell if it's that good if they haven't grown many other strains to compare it too.

For example, when i first started growing i would of thought nirvanas white rhino was top notch, now that i've grown alot and experienced atleast a decent amount of the strains out there, it's easier to judge a strain. Again, not trying to poke fun or anything, nirvana produces some fairly good strains for the price. I'm just saying that compared to most other higher end (and even some lower end) strains, they can't really compare (from my experience, someone else could have a totally different experience with them)

Last edited:

bozga

I get your point. WR is I believe good strain and you should know how to grow in order to get some good buds.
With some more luck and good music, everything should turn out dank :D
So, I'm buying WR together with Bubblicious.
Boz :joint:

johnboi2006

that white rhino is pretty good, gypsy is always reliable with great seeds. I am making hash out of everything these days.

MadCow

Ive ran nirvana WR and Greenhouse WR, i dont know the state of greenhouse seeds these days but they used to be really good quality, in fact there was no comparison to these 2 Rhinos. Greenhouse's were way way better!! Im givin the nirvanas one more run though see if I cant find something good.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Me and my son, got this at the club we have a script to, it is great for medicinal value.. a tad bit on knock you on your ass side.. but not to harsh.

Last edited: