What's new

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

bc.trip

has anyone else grow nirvana's hindu kush? the plants i've grown all have a smell to them i can't really describe other than unpleasant. i'm curious as to whether or not it's just the pheno's i got or if it's just the strain.
i've got a bubblicious in flower right now. i love the way that strain smells/tastes. i'll post some pics of her when she gets a little farther along.

D

deathtosoapbar

has anyone else grow nirvana's hindu kush? the plants i've grown all have a smell to them i can't really describe other than unpleasant. i'm curious as to whether or not it's just the pheno's i got or if it's just the strain.
i've got a bubblicious in flower right now. i love the way that strain smells/tastes. i'll post some pics of her when she gets a little farther along.

B.C ....to me hindu kush has its own unique smell...i suppose its more unusual than unpleasant but i suppose it depends what you like...i personally like the smell and high theres nothing to worry about its just hindu! Can be quite stealthy smell wise.

SweetBOG

Nirvana White Widow
picture.php

Nirvana White Widow (purple pheno)
picture.php

Nirvana Ice
picture.php

Nirvana Ice (purple pheno)
picture.php

nirvana strains rock. for the price, you get a nice quality. and for the price, a good starter seed. i have found over the years, nirvana has out performed many of my more costly strains i've grown.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone noticed problems with more males than females?
I've had SO many males from nirvana, averaging 2 females per 10 pack at the moment (on third pack) out of ICE and K2.
Got 2 ICE on the go atm, day 1 of 12/12 today.

My Afghani had 8 out of 10 germ. 6 out of 8 males last two hermies. :mad:

This thread is awesome, so much quality info on Nirvana strains. I'm currently growing Ice and Citral. I will update when I start to flower them.

Peace!

Hazelnuts

DSC00726.jpg

Nirvana's NL pure indica, I'm really liking it so far, it's supposed to be coming down in about 2 weeks. That shot was at about 58 days, it's been slow cause I had a light leak

SweetBOG

Every strain from Nirvana has a "Purple Pheno", aint that a lil ???

Here it is...

breeding is a highly competitive business, and we all know how expensive genetics are so obviously there's money to be made in the field. It makes no business sense for 20 breeders to carry the exact same stable pheno of white widow or ak-47 or what have you, cause competition for your euros or dollars or pesos requires one product to be 'better' than the other or else there's no reason to buy at one shop vs. the other.

so breeders try and 'enhance' and infuse their strains with different genetics to make them more appealing to shoppers over competing breeders. It is rumored by many that nirvana crosses a purple pheno skunk to establish his strains. In many places, purple coloring draws more cash, so it makes perfect sense that breeders attemp to create what the market will pay most for.

oregon_guy

anyone familiar with blue mystic? im trying to find pics of grows

bromhexine, I did some BM this last grow:

picture.php

I did not care for my pheno much. She was a low yeilder and the high was only so so. I probably will not grow it again. This was only one pheno though. I have seen others have better luck with it.

I have grown and smoked: Afghani, White Widow, AK-48, White Rhino, Jock Horror and have Hindu Kush and Bubblicious in flower right now. My favorites so far are the White Rhino and AK. Both of those I will try again sometime. :joint:

bromhexine

oregon_guy thanks for the info :) i bought blue mystic years ago maybe 5 or more.. never tried it but your pic looks real nice i was under the impression that it was a blueberry copy but now im not so sure

H

h^2 O

Icon thanks for making this thread. I pretty much ONLY buy Nirvana stuff. I think most of the pics in my album are Nirvana stuff.
Can never go wrong with the indicas in there...the aghani knocked me out like $50 an 1/8th nug

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Every strain from Nirvana has a "Purple Pheno", aint that a lil ???

Just got another one myself... First was a purple PPP, next an ice, and this time a purple white widow.. All with a similar floral nothing special scent. PPP was an outstanding yielder though. white widow was just terrible as far as that goes.. Bought all these seeds about 3 years ago now. Seems like for a time period atleast, everything went purple...

oregon_guy

bromhexine, It did have a Blueberry type aroma and taste to it. That was the best part of the plant. It may be just me but I have not really found any Blueberry strains that I have enjoyed and I have tried 3 or 4 (even a DJ Shorts mix).

Hammerhead, You liked the Maui Waui? I was really interested in trying that out or one of the other Hawaiian mixes that Nirvana has. I have kept away from them because I have not read many reports on these strains.

I plan on picking up another pack of White Rhino soon and want to try out the Cali Orange as I have read quite a few positive comments on this one. I would like to find some other reports on the Hawaiian strains they have.

:joint: