What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NHS: a new but old strain from MNS

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi Neon :)

Well to be fair, these long finishing strains do require some patience but I'm learning that your efforts are rewarded in kind.. So far these have been top quailty smoke with little to no cure.. :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
Ok so we're not "quite" done with this thread yet... I did say a good while back that I'd take the last NHS at 16 weeks regardless of everything.... but then she started packing on weight again.... dang!..lol

So finally at 17 weeks and 1 day (120days flowering for those who care about such things) the final NHS girl has gotten the chop. I've lovingly named her the "beast" pheno... the fotos below will tell you better than I can... but here's a few words...

When I took her, she was about 5 foot 10 standing, but she has been snapped/supercropped FOUR times to keep her at this height. taking a peice of string and running it the length of the "trunk" (and it IS a trunk) she is about 3 inches taller than my tent :D (well over 6 and a half foot tall). Quite frankly, I've never seen anything like her indoors (in the flesh I mean) and whilst I'm a new grower... I'm not new to growrooms.. :)

Without a doubt, she's the biggest plant I've ever grown, maybe not in yeild, (we've yet to see, she's drying now) but certainly in terms of stature. In the end I had to hook her to the ceiling like something out of Hellraiser!

What I would also urge you to consider is that this plant has had a horrendous time of things. She was grown during the summer while temps and bug infestations were at their peak and while other plants around her managed absolutely pathetic results, she just powered along.

Initially I was very worried about this plant. When I flipped the NHS, all of them sprung into flower, but this one looked like a "regular" plant would at 3 weeks after SEVEN weeks of flower. I'm a 9 week kinda guy, things usually look to be finishing by then, this one was literally just starting... Anyway, as time went on, she started to develop nicely and by week 12 of flower I was sure I would be looking at something in the region of 15 weeks.... lol .. I wasnt even close really :)

She smells good and is packed with crystals... I have "high hopes" :)

I'll add one or 2 more updates to this thread before closing it off for good and will add a full grow report and sme smoke reports... although High-Low already did me proud in that department :D (http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144407) :)

ok so enough waffle and on to the pics...

Attachments

• 001_1912.jpg
    001_1912.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 001_1915.jpg
    001_1915.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 001_1916.jpg
    001_1916.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 001_1919.jpg
    001_1919.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 23

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm kinda shocked myself mate :D

and to think I was making jokes about "NHS patients" at the beginning ....sheeesh ;)

eddie.saw

120? damn jamie!

great show all around JS can't wait for the smoke report on this pheno.. do you have a scope? if so what were your trichs lookin like?

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi Eddie, I DO have a scope, but I've buggered up the settings somehow and now it takes small vids instead of jpegs :(..

I can tell you though that I was looking at maybe 2 ambers in a 100 and maybe 10 clears to the 100 ...so 88% cloudy :)

VROOOOM!

eddie.saw

hells yeah....i was hoping to hear something like that.. hopefully it'll give out that 'my eyes are gonna pop out' pressure and soaring haze high..

that's what i'd be wanting anyway :2cents:

but then again who doesnt love to soar higher and higher and higher

Last edited:

BudZad7

Old Memories!!!

Old Memories!!!

Hi All ! :wave: very NICE pics :yoinks: Would M-39 be the same as this strain?

Because the original from 1986/87 was ordered and still have some left...also, have :M-3,M-8,M-9,M-27,M-33,M-35,and M-40, these are being tested at
this time and so far the M-27, and M-40 look VERY PROMISING!!!:yoinks: These
2 were bred with an 1991 Afghani male from Oakland from seed..the male trunk,
and branches were very sticky/smelly old school for a veg plant...:woohoo:

The plant M-40 (F-1) is 25 days into flower:what do you think?

Attachments

• 100_3576.jpg
    100_3576.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 18

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi BudZad,

I "think" the m39 is missing the "haze" part of this ones make up, but I'm not really sure... They're bound to share some similarites though and no doubt thats some great old school genetics hard at work :)

your m40 is looking sweet mate :)

cheers
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
As I say... not quite done with this thread yet :)

Here's a few post harvest shots of the BEAST!... she came in at 104g :D

Smoke reports to follow :)

picture.php

picture.php
Here's some numbers for those who care :)

Pheno 1 - "Skunk" pheno 12 weeks (old school, 28g)
Pheno 2 - "Lemon" pheno - 13 weeks (happy buzz, 38g)
Pheno 3 - "Dick" pheno - 14 weeks (high bud to leaf ratio, 72g)
Pheno 4 - "Haze1" pheno - 14 weeks 5 days (up head and body high, 47g)
Pheno 5 - " BEAST" pheno (haze2) - 17weeks 1 day (Meat smell - like pheno1, 104g)

total 289g
avg 57g per plant

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks fellers... it's been a mad ride this one, but excellent fun all the same :D

I've smoked a bit of the 120 dayer and she sure is strong... taste great too (rotten meat)... Unfortunately I slightly over dried her as I didnt compensate for how dry I'd let her get in the pot, but I've popped some fresh fans leaves in the jars as I've heard this should help "rehydrate" it a bit... I guess we'll see... its good smoke all the same, but will be nicer if I can get a good cure on it .. natch ..

I just received some test beans from the wonderful mister hill .. so keep a lookout for a new thread from me soon. Some of you mght've noticed my "cheese n molokai" thread has been somewhat abandoned... well all the mollies died in week1 :-( and the cheese turns out to be chocolope... so that thread is really utterly redundant...lol ah well ... I still got plenty on, so I'll sort some proper journals/diaries soon :)

cheers
j

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JamieShoes again...............;]

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Have you tried her after a 3-week cure?

Taste, smell, high....Enquiring minds want to know.