What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NHS: a new but old strain from MNS

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
time for an update, this time from just a few days ago...

I did have some pics from mid flowering but I dont seem to be able to find them (typical). Here's what happened in that time. Initially everything went very well, the male plants started to show signs of flowering at around 2 weeks and by the end of week 3 everything was sexed. Overall I had an even split of 5 males and 5 females.

As time progressed the summer heat kicked in and with it came population explosions from the spider mites and fungus gnats. Over the next few weeks I tried SMC, Pyrethrum, and "Masai" from beyer but all to no avail. I did manage to control the populations a little (using yellow glue traps for the gnats) but ultimately the little buggers wreaked havoc (I had some PP in the same conditions that only put out about 15 per, not the 75 plus I'm used to).

Despite all this, the NHS grew and grew like proverbial beanstalks, somehow resisting the ravages of the bugs and heat that at times was in the mid 30s celcius. They grew so fast in fact that all but one (the skunk pheno) required super cropping in several places, even now they're still taller than me, but would otherwise be 7ft plus.

Of the 5 girls I have there are 3 phenotypes, a skunky (old meat smelling) pheno which I pulled this week at 10 weeks and 6 days and which is currently drying and 2 haze phenos.

One of the haze phenos is going to go for maybe as long as 14-15 weeks and was very slow to develop. At week 8 of flowering, this one looked like the others did at week 3. This plant however smells unbelievable and whilst it might not turn out to be the biggest yielder, I think there may well be something very special a foot with her. The structure I can best describe as being "amnesia" like - that kind of golfball buds dotted everywhere structure, while the other 3 remaining haze pheno are a more typical "dick" shape. These "dick" phenos are incredably "lemoney" and one of them is covered with fat fluffy white hairs and packed with crystal. This one would probably by my "keeper" of them, she looks to have maybe another week to go, running to around 12 weeks (as do the other 2) although sadly I dont have the capacity to keep mums at the moment.

In the run up to finishing these off, I use GHEs' ripen for 10 days, flush for 4 days and left the pots go dry for a few days until I'm happy they're done. This makes for great tasting bud, although they do look well ravaged by the time I pull em :)

ok heres a few pics first up the Skunky lady I pulled on Tuesday (macro is from last week - wk 9-10)

Attachments

• 001_1777.jpg
    001_1777.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 001_1779.jpg
    001_1779.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 001_1790.jpg
    001_1790.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 20
  • nhsweek9-10.jpg
    nhsweek9-10.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 21

neongreen

Veteran
Welcome back Jamie!

Looking very sweet! I like the sound of that dick pheno lol. Kind of appropriate pheno name considering the other one is "balls" :D

Sorry to hear the borg returned. Damn hard to defeat the borg :(

At least it seems like you'll get a good harvest despite their efforts.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hey NeonG :) Good to see you man :)

What I didnt mention was that on tuesday this week I let loose a veritable PLAGUE of killer preditor mites and prehistoric worms :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the numbers front .. would be nice to have this one still around at Christmas time :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
while I remember... here they are...

Dick Pheno.....and Baws Pheno...lol :D

Attachments

• 001_1803.jpg
    001_1803.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 23
  • 001_1815.jpg
    001_1815.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23

JamieShoes

Veteran
lol cheers Bean... i'll try n keep the bud shots coming over the next couple of weeks :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
ok, so I really shouldnt be smoking this yet, but i scrounged up a bit of the popcorn that was kinda just about dry (zero cure) and all i'm saying at this point in time is "HOLY SHIT, thats good!"

:D

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
I have a pack of N.H.S gagging to go but i cant :mad: due to annoying complications, i might have to wait a long time to start em now. and id just got my grow op how i liked it, and now just take everything down! again! for like the million'th time, awwww i love it really its what i live for!!

im sure growers are actually addicted to having insanely awkward lives full of trial tribulation and more trial. we just get it so good (loving this plant and not being robots) that im sure the dark forces jinx us with bad luck to in some way get back!

i just recently grew out some fresh stock of afg/sknk x afg/haze, ssh, shit,devil,mango x widow and critical haze, o and nevilles skunk and spice, at some point over the next few months when i get time ill post some picks and report on what went down with these lurvely ladies.

i recently went on an absolute seed buying bender, as my subconcious fought back against the idea of having to stop growing, and along with so much other stuff, i now have 12(and growing) mr nice strains that i havnt been able to grow yet(and have never tasted:wallbash:) which ill just have to wave at through the glass door on my fridge for a while --/:wave:\--

:violin:...........:violin:............:violin:

JamieShoes

Veteran
Man, that grow report is going to be some prime time reading for myself and a few other MNS fans, really looking forward to that :)

Sorry to hear things arent quite as they should be in your growlife, I hope you get things back on track soon enough mate. In the meantmie, you'll need to put some newspaper down by the fridge door, to catch all the drool ;)

amoril

Jamie, I was wondering what had happened to your grow. I was looking forward to it, and then I never saw it...lmao.

its good to see you kept it going, and are filling it back in now :D

im tagged for the fast-track journal

JamieShoes

Veteran
Thanks Amoril, pesky ISPs and their funny ideas about being paid n whatnot ;)

Ok so heres one I pulled today, I call this one the "lemon pheno" - its pretty apparent why if you were here with me :)

She's at 12 weeks on the button and 10% clear/80% cloudy/10% amber on the trichs front :)

Attachments

• 001_1840.jpg
    001_1840.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 001_1843.jpg
    001_1843.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 001_1845.jpg
    001_1845.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21

JamieShoes

Veteran
3 phenos indeed. 1 skunky one and 2 hazes :)

I'm hopping "dick pheno" is getting the "bobbit" treatment this weekend after that there 2 left, one with at least 2 weeks to go ... oddly I didnt have any 2 plants finish at the same time (as yet, doesnt look like it either)