What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NHS: a new but old strain from MNS

neongreen

Veteran
3 phenos indeed. 1 skunky one and 2 hazes :)

I'm hopping "dick pheno" is getting the "bobbit" treatment this weekend after that there 2 left, one with at least 2 weeks to go ... oddly I didnt have any 2 plants finish at the same time (as yet, doesnt look like it either)

Sounds just like the SSH to me. Shanti always used to say go with the pheno that finishes at the right time for you and the kind of smoke you are after when picking a mom, with the longer flowering phenos becoming more hazy in character. I wonder if you can find a cat-piss pheno (or something similar) in these beans :)

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
its very much as I would have expected too mate :)

on the one hand, if youre looking for a "stable", 2 phenos at most type of seed run, these arent for you. If you're looking for proper keepers and breeding stock however, this stuff is golden, as there are slight variations all the way through in terms of genetic expression :D

edit - p.s - the first one I pulled was a bit pissy/acrid meaty also but not full on piss or roadkill, still one of the better examples of "skunk" that I've smoked though, and I've tried one or two :) ;)

JamieShoes

Veteran
had a look at some trichs yesterday and it seems I might've been too hasty to say that they would all finish seperately. It now looks like 2 will finish together this week, although they're 2 completely different plants to look at them. One is the pheno I've been jokingly calling the "dick" pheno and the other is a very hazy smelling lady with the "amnesia" structure (golf ball buds)... all being well, these will come out weds/thurs..

heres some close ups :)

Attachments

• nhsweek12-13.jpg
    nhsweek12-13.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 11
  • nhsweek2.12-13.2.jpg
    nhsweek2.12-13.2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 15
  • nhsweek2.12-13.1.jpg
    nhsweek2.12-13.1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 17

neongreen

Veteran
Nice. I'd say the first macro shot you posted looks like almost 0 cloudy, where as the other two have a few more and are a bit nearer to harvest.

Have you tried taking a few early samples to cure? For the sake of completeness, it's nice to know what the bud is like taken "early" (as well as late!)... after all, early is relative... and you might find a more interesting cannabiloid/terpinoid profile earlier/later on ;)

JamieShoes

Veteran
well the updates have come to a bit of a halt as it seems my 3 remaining NHS dont seem to want to finish off. Where as I'd thought I'd be taking 2 of them last week at 13 weeks and one this week or next week at 14-15 weeks, it turns out that we are here at 14 weeks and all 3 are still in thier pots with little sign of any amber trichs.

I guess that's a question for you haze growers, do you ever take these long flowering phenos with little to no amber? will they go amber eventually if I wait long enough? do I actually WANT them to go amber? I'm aiming for 5%-10% amber, same as I do with most strains...I took a bit off last week, but I found the hit to be a bit too "clear" for my liking, just not enough head bend ;)

thanks for any advice
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
well I've checked again this morning and one of them is ready to go.... mad what a difference 24 hours can make. There are very few ambers, but there are at least "some"... :D

Sadly the scope has stopped taking jpegs, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I'll get some glamour shots for posting before I give her the chop later today though :)

cheers
j

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
"5%-10% amber"

LOL, I think you remember what I would say about that !

If you must, take some, label it, take a picture, in a months time try it against a bit that was left longer.

Good luck Jamie, enjoying watching this.

JamieShoes

Veteran
hehee yeah I know, I know... :)

ok so here's this weeks lovely lady. I'm taking her at 14 weeks and 1 day....

"Dick Pheno" :D

Attachments

• 001_1861.jpg
    001_1861.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 001_1856.jpg
    001_1856.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 001_1851.jpg
    001_1851.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 001_1850.jpg
    001_1850.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 18
I

idoreallytry

very nice brother,,,that some sticky lookin smoke enjoy,,,peace

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
J.Shizzle, plants look KILLER!!!

I read a post somewhere where poster (shanti, I THINK) talks about some heavy sativas not wanting to really ever turn amber. I believe the recco's for finishing up a LONG flower haze are:
LOW nutes
Move the light away some (if possible)
Cut back to a 11/13 or 10/14 schedule

Plants look really well loved, dude. :D If I can find the post/thread I'm talking about, I'll link it.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Heya Brother B :D

Thanks for the tips mate, I'm going to be doing all of that from today onwards. One more looks like it'll be ready this weekend and the other still looks like she can go a week or 2 more... let's see if we can't help that along a bit :)

cheers
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
notes for me for later -

Pheno 1 - "Skunk" pheno 12 weeks (old school, 28g)
Pheno 2 - "Lemon" pheno - 13 weeks (happy buzz, 38g)
Pheno 3 - "Dick" pheno - 14 weeks (high bud to leaf ratio, 72g)
Pheno 4 - "Haze1" pheno 14 weeks 5days

neongreen

Veteran
I agree with what barletta said about haze...

One other thing I have heard experienced haze growers say, is that haze loves organics and mycorrhizal fungi (Glomus mosseae) :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hey There Neon.. thanks for the info mate, there's probably something in that as I've noticed these last 2 girls dont like heavy diets at all ...

OK looks like I'll be getting to grips with another NHS nurse today, which will leave me with just one in the tent. Todays candidate is the first of the "true" haze phenos (14 and half bloody weeks too ;)) and has the very first signs of ambering (sorry CC I'm a sucker for a tric shot ;) ) and looks to be as ripe as she's giong to get without going past.

My scope still isnt taking jpegs, seems I've mucked up the settings and now it makes small videos instead, I'll try n figure that out later and I'll also get some glamour poses before I give her the snip :D

be lucky
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
ok before I do this weeks chop update, here's a few words about last weeks "little" lady...

She came in at 72 grams dry and is causing me to do a little dance right now :woohoo: :)

(this isnt even the bigger cola, not sure why I foto'd this one not the other..and also a "kickin in a basket" shot)

:)

Attachments

• 001_1862.jpg
    001_1862.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 18
  • 001_1866.jpg
    001_1866.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 21

JamieShoes

Veteran
OK Folks... as promised, here's some shots of this weeks NHS girl, right before the chop. Yes I do realised she's all bent out of shape, I had to strategically snap her to make her fit the tent ;)

cheers
j

Attachments

• 001_1871.jpg
    001_1871.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 001_1887.jpg
    001_1887.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Latest posts