What's new

NHL hockey chatter...

you're right walt. its pretty shameful. im hoping for the best though.

i will always love my Hawks, but it looks like everyone else wants it more this year.

right?!

if you would have told me at the beginning of the season that it would have been this close, id have asked for some of what you got in the jar.

ahhh yes cuban bee...

ok well im a eastern conference boyeee, so #1 is tampa as thats my closest home team, then #2 is caps, i lived in dc for quite a while

how everyone digging the playoffs? tampa looks to be in the same boat chicago is in:( thankfully washington looked ok for 1 period, and hey against new york, thats all it may take. 2 defensive teams putting up almost no offense for 2 periods is quite boring
the games last night were good, canadians looked great against the bruins, mainly carey price. buff and philly, philly better pull there heads out of there asses and start playing some hockey. the kings-sharks match up was getting really physical. there was a cheap head shot(concussion) into the boards and then a fight next play! i was hella tired so i only lasted 1 period, lets see if san jose can actually do something in the playoffs this year. the other 2 games i dont really care about, i guess i would like to see the ducks make it just for teemu. dont care for detroit, but boy do i love the octopi on the ice!~

well i believe that the Hawks arent following the gameplan. by that i mean that they KNOW that if they get a big body in front of Luongo, it will make their night easier....but i have yet to see their "big body" on the ice.

Jon Scott is an extremely under utilized weapon. sure hes got hands of stone, but hes not there to score goals. hes there to get physical. if they bother Luongo, it would open up the wings and the shot from the point.

what are ya gonna do though, its only one game in. hopefully tonight they will come out fired up and get shit done!

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
my habs looked great last night. I'm not going to get too excited yet though. need a few more games like that

sorry EvilRaven, I think the hawks are done. they're probably out of gas after that big push to get in the playoffs. no kopecky tonight either. John Scott the answer? that is grasping at straws

i never said he was the answer. i DID however say that he was an under utilized weapon.

when a team gets gritty and in your face, what are you to do? push right fucking back! we dont have many guys that can create that push this year. the salary cap killed us.

what IS the answer is having our top guys perform like our top guys should. more physical play will open up the passing lanes and allow our top guys to use their skill.

its early in the series, so we will see what happens. DD, you should know by now that its impossible to sway my faith in the Hawks.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
1K4PU.png

my boys are in a hole, but they're still in. im not sure if you noticed tonight...we played MUCH better. Scott was in the lineup and his presence WAS felt. it did exactly what i thought it would. his large frame looming opened a few passing lanes.

we still couldnt get the W. we have one more shot. lets hope we make the most of it.

LETS GO HAWKS!!

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
scott pretty much cost them the game. stupid penalty. he is a huge body though. hawks did play good. vancouver is just amazing.

game 3 in Montreal! hopefully chara is still out

yea, taking that penalty was costly. did you notice the canucks shying away from some of the checks he was throwing? that didnt happen in games one or two.

there are some holes in our game. but thats a conversation to be had in the off season. we got one more shot at it though.

i said this to a friend of mine yesterday, but it bears repeating. as fans, we can only hope. we cant play for 'em.

Latest posts

Latest posts