What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NHL hockey chatter...

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Is there an official NHL or hockey thread? I see bball, football, and soccer threads but i havent seen a hockey thread(not that ive searched all that hard).
I remember last seasons play offs there was a nice thread going, and id like to bring it back for the regular season. It would be nice if we could chat about our favorite teams, players etc without being rude or obnoxious we can all support our favorite club without being a dick about it.
I grew up in NYC and i got into hockey at the end of the mark messier days, pretty much when the great Wayne and Jagr came to the NY Rangers they kicked ass back then and really got me interested in hockey. I have to admit im pretty novice when it comes to hockey(bball and football are my main sports), but its pretty much my favorite sport right now( and im learning and loving it every day) simply because its the most physically demanding, its the fastest sport as far as speed and dexterity and FIGHTS!!! in hockey you dont get ejected for throwin' some fists around!! thats awesome!! I recently found some cool websites that stream hockey games live, please share your favorite sports streaming websites here!

Im now a FL Panthers fan now and last nights game was AWESOME!!! i saw the October match against Ottowa live at the BA center where we lost by one goal. Last night they returned the favor never having the lead, they answered every goal and when Ottowa ran out of steam the cats finished em off in OT. Craig Anderson made some amazing saves last night, this guy has incredible stats and for some reason is under rated. Ive been saying all season and most of last season to let Craig play and TRADE Vokhoun! while the cats are at it get rid of Horton and Stillman and get some young bucks with wheels that can motor, we lack speed and i really think we could make some nice acquisitions with those two being traded. Dont forget the Panthers are suffering right now, at last 4 starters are injured and they seem to be thriving on this handicap. Frolik and Repik i think are gonna be big time scorers for us in the Cats time of need, Repik got his first NHL goal last night(didnt take him long) while frolik's been scoring game winning goals!! we need more young bucks like that motoring up ice!!

Last nights games were awesome!!! Buffalo took down the Penguins last night with their tough defense and amazing goal tending from Miller(even tho he does let alotta goals thru he makes the stops when it counts). St Louis is looking awesome( and is the team of choice for me when i play NHL 09 on xbox360)!!!
I wish i was able to get the Flames vs Canadiens on high def but ill have no problems watching it on my lap top streamin live!!!!
HOCKEY RANT OVER (for now).Lets keep this friendly folks and have fun!!!
( If you play NHL 09 on xbox 360, PM me if you wanna play heads up or on a team, im currently looking for a club to join. I play LW with a total rating of 80 and im classified as a "sniper", holler if you wanna play)

Last edited:

funker

i grew up being a blackhawks fan and for the first time in over 10 years i'm actually stoked about them...they are really good! i've been to a few games this year and its sold out every time and they score goals at will! i've been to games the last few years where there were literally like 5000 people there...i think they have a legit shot this year especially if they keep improving...

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
Go Bluejackets!!!!!!!!! woooooooooo
janhejdaczech.jpg

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
grew up playin right wing and center, ive also stepped in front of the net a handful of times. always a redwings fan since forever. fav player ever is federov (sp maybe?) now i live in detroit and i get to go see them play its soooooo tight. i went to the maple leafs game a week before the season started and the wings whooped em, the season opener was a rematch of them so i basically got to see the season opener for free haha.

this deserves its own line i think, i was behind the benches for the penguins wings game. AWESOME. it was an amazing game up until the last like 45 secs and OT. o if you didnt know this was last years stanley cup matchup so it was brutal. best sporting event ive been to as of yet.

anyway i look forward to this thread developing cause im down talk stick and puck anytime. great thread nycdfan, def. gettin rep for it.

H

HEADDS

Hawks just might have a chance this year, thats all I can think of.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ yea i didnt see much updates in that thread, if anything we can update this one.
Montreal put the hurting on the flames last night..
Tonight we got a couple nice games : Calgary @ Detroit, Penns Devils, Boston @ Caps.... should be watchin them later...

Heres a couple pics of my very first Panthers game :
10078NHL_1.jpg

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
heres 2 more of my first Panthers game ever!! row 9!!(behind visiting team bench)!
100784.jpg

100783.jpg

Last edited:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
is that a preseason game? or is the attendance that pathetic?

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Ontario man loses hand in snow-blower mishap
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

CHATSWORTH, Ont. - A 61-year-old man is in hospital after most of his hand was cut off by a snow blower near Chatsworth, Ont.

Police say the man was trying to clear snow out of the machine Tuesday morning when his hand got caught. Most of the hand was severed, but the man managed to walk back to his house to call for help.

He was taken to Grey Bruce Health Services in Owen Sound and later transferred to London Health Sciences Centre, where he's listed in stable condition.

There's no word on whether doctors were able to reattach the man's hand.

Provincial police say the snow that's been pounding the area has a tendency
to clog up snow blowers because it's heavy and wet.

Sakic breaks fingers in snow blower accident

By Pat Graham, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Avalanche centre Joe Sakic broke three fingers and suffered tendon damage in a snowblower accident at his home. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey)

Weird sports injuries

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Joe Sakic's return to the ice has been sidetracked by a snow blower.

The Colorado Avalanche captain, already out with back problems, broke three fingers on his left hand when he tried to clear snow from the machine at his home and will be out at least three months.

The Avalanche announced Sakic had surgery Tuesday night for the broken fingers, which included tendon damage in one of them. Team doctor Andy Parker said the procedure went well and that Sakic is expected to make a full recovery.

"It's a freak accident. It can happen to anyone," Avalanche defenceman Adam Foote said. "His health is the most important. We'll worry about the hockey part after that."

Sakic was already being treated for a herniated disk, which was expected to keep him out until mid-January.

Dang!

JohnnyATL

Veteran
go thrashers - welcome to blueland bitches haha.

actually watching thrashers vs new york rangers now

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Sorry Edmonton fans but my Panthers are gonna put the hurting down on you tonight, i actually played this game on my xbox360(nhl09) in my dynasty season earlier and we dominated 2-0. Craig Anderson got a shut out on my match up on nhl 09, im hoping he can do this tonight in real life but Edmonton does have great defense and does have a better record.
Key facts for tonight's game :
Edmonton hasn’t lost to Florida since March 8, 2002, going 4-0-0 in that stretch.
Despite being ravaged with injuries to key players, Florida has managed to put up some points as of late going 5-1-2 in their last eight games.
The Oilers have now won three straight games and are looking to equal their longest winning streak of the year.

Other awesome games tonight :
Anaheim Vs San Jose...Minn Vs. Pheonix...Carolina Vs Philly and Blue Jax Vs Pred's
OH YEA!!!!!!!!!
Are you ready for sum HOCKEY?? Lets keep this thread GOING boys!

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Umberger is now playing for Colombus........I wonder if he actually burns it down?

Seeing those Flyers close out the Capitals in Game 7 in overtime last year in DC was pretty freakin cool.

peace
jip

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Don Dump said:
is that a preseason game? or is the attendance that pathetic?
No wasnt a pre season game, almost tho! 9th game of the season(Thu Oct 30, 2008) most of the people filled in 10 minutes later. Those pics(teken on my G1 phone) are from the 'warm up, shoot around' most of the people were getting snacks or alcohol i thought about bringing a water bottle filled with vodka(like ive done for dolphins games) and mixing it with something from the snack bar but i forgot it at the last moment lol. We got a hot chocolate instead, and it had to be the best fucking hot chocolate ive had in a long ass time (i guess it had to be good for 4$ lol).

EDIT** Florida is ranked 23rd in the 08/09 season, in attendance taken from link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2009

PS - i joined a league on NHL 09 for the 360, good team, decent record but i will still play on any team with icmaggers. Still trying to find some of you guys willing to play on live either vs, team, or shoot out ill even play goalie just starting to learn how to play that position(really hard).
A really good indicator of a games outcome is playing or Simulating a game on 360, with up to date rosters you can actually get an accurate reading on the game. When i first started playing my season dynasty with Florida i quickly learned to put Craig Anderson on net and move some young bucks with weelz up from the AHL(Mckardle sucked, so did sprukts) and in real life the coach has made these decisions, also the panthers seem to score more when their defense brings the puck to net(good for rebound chances). 4:20 tilll puck drop nukkas!!!!

what game are you guys gonna watch tonight?

Last edited:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
EvilRaven1031 said:
im watchin the replay of my hawks beating ottowa right now...then it doesnt look like i get any more hockey today.

Don't hate me, but I have to...it's "Ottawa" lol....And anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge hockey fan, as all good Canucks are...I've just stayed away from most hockey threads lately cause they all deteriorate intop insult-fests.....hopefully this one doesn't :wave:

Go Sens/Flames!

Latest posts

Latest posts