What's new

NHL hockey chatter...

1NumberOneInCircle.png

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Flyers in Seven....i did not calculate the line-up changes from Chicago. Good coaching work.

Boucher starts game six for the Flyers on Wednesday night.

peace
jip

picture.php

Wish I could take credit for this but this was actually run in the Chicago tribune! I wonder if I can find a high-res one for everybody.....

Aww, come on the caption below is at least funny!

"Looks like Tarzan, skates like Jane"

"-4 plus/minus in 3 Hawks wins"

"-5 plus/minus in game 5"

"100% chance we'll change our minds if Hawks sign him..."

...and yes i totally meant to take up three posts here. not that i care about post count, i just felt that this was something worth emphasizing.

The Hawks got the barest of the minimum of respect all year long, no matter if they were winning or not. Now, everyone must take notice and give them their due.

Congratulations 2010 Chicago Blackhawks, welcome to history...

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Respect to the Hawks.

but man that leaves a fucking bitter taste in my mouth. I can't help but blame the loss on the flyers goaltending. had they started Boucher.......

Congrats to the Hawks

peace
jip

Respect jip, i gotta watch the replay tonight to get a better look at that game winner. i hear you on the goaltending thing too man. Boucher seemed to be the better of the two choices this series, but im sure Laviolette (sp?) wanted to show his confidence in Leighton.

it was hard fought all around.

Styles P

congrats chicago :joint: enjoy it. i know i sure would have if the flyers won, i missed the phillies parade due to work. so im itching for another one. this came down to goal tending. the flyers were attacking the whole overtime then leighton gives up that bull shit goal. was the worst ending ever to such a exciting postseason/finals.

Styles P

Respect to the Hawks.

but man that leaves a fucking bitter taste in my mouth. I can't help but blame the loss on the flyers goaltending. had they started Boucher.......

Congrats to the Hawks

peace
jip

dude boucher a leighton are pretty much the same. boucher came into 2 games and gave up goals. leighton had more momentum i cant blame coach for starting him. well be back this team is built for the playoffs, chicago just out muscled the flyers the whole series.

Perpetual Nooch

If Boucher starts and they lose then the coach gets ripped and he's got no excuse. Everyone will want to know why did he start Boucher? Of course, if they win then he looks like a genius.

The only thing to do is go with the goalie who got you there.

That was a bad goal to let in for the winner though. It would have been a bold move to put in Boucher for the overtime. Not saying that they would have won, but Leighton did let in an easy one (Sharp goal) earlier in the game.