What's new

NHL hockey chatter...

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
K, He's back......let's see if he lasts the game.....without Alfie, we're done. Everytime we lose him we go on a losing streak.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
It'a his shoulder....he's had issues before that's why I know it would be easy to reaggravate. Still F*** the "Kid"

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
One question tho....if you place a guy on waivers and they clear and you send em to your farm team, can you call em up at all?

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
no i thought they just used proxy players instead? i could be wrong :joint:

ArcticBlast

edit: i just searched, here's what i came up with..
Waivers are when a team wants to send a player down to the minors or farm team and they have to "waive" the rights to that player before they can send him down. If another team claims that player he is now their property. If the player clears waivers (no one claims him), he remains the property of the original team and can be sent to the minors. The player may be relaesed and can be a free agent.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
ok so the more i read, the more i think that they CAN call on them :joint: but i dont think it happens too often? i dont know, its a weird system lol

ArcticBlast

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Seriously, all the rules are grey.... I want them to call up CheeChoo. Dude might have horrible puck luck, but he plays his heart out and plays hard.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
basically you can grab them back if another shittier team doesn't grab them within 48 hours... its like your last chance before getting demoted back to the minors, it seems lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Just sucks that they are calling up little guys with no playoff experience when we have someone with playoff experience and who knows the lines and how to play with them already and we can't use him.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
the genius of NHL lol, no wonder its not as popular as the "big 3" in america :joint: i'm sure its huge in canuckistan lol

ArcticBlast

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
It is to us what Football is to the US :D It's pretty big lol Gotta keep in mind too, in cities like mine it's the only professional team of any sport so ya, it gets alot of attention.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
i think i like football better (*gasp!*) haha :joint:

i'd LOVE to see the steelers vs. ANY canadian football team lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Why? Why? Why do I have to root for THAT team? The team that makes the Playoffs almost every year and consistantly GOES NOWHERE?? Every year!

Oh boy....now we're gonna get penalties

ArcticBlast

Veteran
ok i dont even have to finish the game hehe, take care KG! thanks for the rivalry!!!!

here we go pitts-burgh....
ArcticBlast