What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravin morehead

Veteran
but the whole media blitz is making me look forward to the game being over

kinda agree here. i am a huge die hard 49ers fan, my whole 39 yrs. i've been waiting for them to get back to the superbowl again. finally, its here. i don't listen to any of the pre-game talk bs. people can analyze all they want. what needs to be said has been said, on the field all season long. say what you will about either team, all that goes out the window at kick-off.
my prediction, a close first half, then after half time adjustments, 49ers pull away and collect their rings...

just my feelings, enjoy the game, no matter who you're going for...

cm

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So, getting close to the big game and I'm still leaning towards taking the Ravens. The spread has shrunk a bit since opening at 4.5...

There's all sorts of reasons why either team should win. What concerns me is if the Niners try to pick on Ray Lewis, with tight ends and slot receivers. Aaron Hernandez led the Pats with 9 catches last game but didn't score or break 100 yds. Obviously the Ravens will try to limit Ray's pass coverage obligations but it will come up during the game and a fast guy like Vernon Davis can really burn slow linebackers...
Still, Ray is a tackling machine and seems to lift the ability of the defense when he's out there, even though he's no longer the force he used to be.
So, still sticking with the Ravens...

H

Homer J Pimpin

This is one of those games...to me neither team is clearly better overall.....pretty evenly matched across the board....I tend to side with the 9ers being a steeler fan....but at the same time would like to see the Ravens win cause of the divisional pride.......it should be a really good,really tough game......and maybe we will see some great ad's......really the only thing I'm not looking forward too is half time......I just think the fan's deserve a better preformer.Not some disrespectful ghetto diva who lyp syncs for the president,then says shes proud of her lyp syncing......and honestly her voice and dancing just annoy the shit outta me.......truely defines the word over rated if you're asking me....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You know, im not as sick of the Harbowl story as i feared. Their parents seem like awfully likeable people. You'd think having a football coach as a dad wouldnt be that great, with the long hours, but the Harbaugh dad seems like he would have been a pretty good dad to have. He's pretty enthusiastic, so i can see where Jim gets his jazzed up personality from...
And the whole 'whos got it better than us, nobody' thing is kind of hokey but is proof that life is 90% attitude, 10% what actually happens. and that can be a pretty valuable lesson to a young kid. To be appreciative of the things you do have.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Thinking it will be closer. The Ravens are playing with a bit more passion that the 9er's. Think that it will be tit for tat the whole game. But that are going to have to shut Kaepernick down EARLY if they can. Damn that boy is a hell of a QB!! Going to see a lot of good defense on both sides.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

49ers ~ 31
Ravens ~17

That's final.

49ers2.png

azez

Veteran
Just need to beat flaco up a bit
And I will feel better
If they could kill him
I would feel much better
Peace
Ez

RetroGrow

Veteran
Since I hate all teams except my own (won't mention team, because they are an embarrassment), I don't usually get excited about Super Bowls, but I am actually going to watch this game as it's a great match up with both teams playing "super", and two good QBs. I don't watch any of pre-game hype, but will tune in after all the BS, when the game actually starts. I don't even know who I am rooting for, but will find out when the game begins. Much respect for both teams. I know the 49ers are favored, but I consider the game pick 'em. One thing unusual about the playoffs this year is, where's the defense? All games high scoring, so bet the "over". One advantage for Ravens is defense (not dissing the niner's D), but the biggest advantage at any position for either team that I see is Anquan Boldin. That guy is unbelievable, and can make the difference in any game, but especially a game like this. However, the 49ers counter with their QB, who was off the charts a couple of weeks back and is uniquely talented. Never saw a combination of running/passing that he possesses. Should be down to the wire, and a field goal wins it. Niners weakness is @ place kicker, so remains to be seen if that will be the difference in the game. I believe it could be, but I learned long ago not to pick/bet football games. Ball just takes too many bounces.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like a quarterback that plays well in the big game! This is gonna be a great Superbowl! No bed wetters like Peyton!

R.Fortune

sunset limited

Veteran
kaepernick breaks a long one on the ground. randy moss has a 100 yard game and then exits the league on a good note along with ray lewis. some guys just don't know when to quit though—even (or maybe especially) 1st ballot hall-of-famers. ed reed winds up in KC or SD or maybe even cleveland (shudder to think) for two more miserable years a la brian dawkins' last days in denver.

20-17
san fran

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
In gemany you can´t see american football on tv but they show the superbowl and I enjoy it very much. My wife and i don´t know a lot about the season but we have to vote for one team, in this year my wife is for Frisco and I´m for Baltimore.:biggrin:

I wish all of you a lot of fun and exciting moments!!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got one more to put up before game time, perhaps not as awesome looking as the flame fx but it made sense to me to put it up last, coming soon.

problem is that I can't sleep, too excited, gonna be a lot of fun. got some good #s on football boards, we're gonna eat well, play some poker etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.