What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homer J Pimpin

DeCastro should be good in time if he can get back.........He should help the running game......The defence is what has me fuming.....The secondary is straight up pathetic and Tomlin wont even own up to it....these corners just can not cover anyone......The front 7 is not getting enough pressure either....they can't disguise their blitzes.they cant cover anyone....and cant get pressure....It is honestly the worst looking d I've seen in 10 years......They look as bad if not worse than the Lions defence of their 0-16 season....I'd love to have something to be optimistic about but This D is straight up bush league....And that is Tomlins fault you can only be as good as the players you put on the field......In the steelers case they field some of the worst players in the league...but thanks for trying to cheer me up you make some good points......Maybe we can turn it around but this D has true fans worried......

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
what a crazy week...these replacement refs are seriously fuckin up...2 free challenges..WOW

went 7-8 on my picks....thats just horrible

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Any Given Sunday...Sometimes I hate Fantasy Football

Jamal Charles looks like Barry Sanders while the Leagues best Tight End is blocking the whole night instead of catching passes? WTF man!

Revis Torn ACL ouch.... Matt Schuabs Ear yesterday...insane that hit he took...lost a nice chunk of it Mike Tyson Chomp style....

Calvin Johnson is a beast and AJ Green looked sick yesterday.... its nice to see Mr. Fitzgerald back...

I cannot believe how good Arizona is ... Fucken Kolb dude!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the Steelers Oline might be as bad as the Bears. In pass protection, at least.
Theyre looking vulnerable this year but as long as they have Big Ben, they should finish with a winning record at least. The defense has been giving up a ton of points lately, extending back to last year. Is Polamalu not making plays in the secondary? The defense is giving up about a 100 rush yards a game this last year and change, which is a good 33% more than they're used to giving up. You could always trust they would stop the opponents run game, not so much lately...

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Time for new refs this is it, the NFL looks like a bunch of pathetic cheap asses right now...One ref is calling a TD while the ref next to him is signaling for a a INT....unbelievable really....

large
A3m_EPNCEAADR0t.jpg:large

large

watts

ohms
Veteran
yeah what a game. Arron Rodgers usually keeps his cool but he was so mad he even pushed one of the cameras out of his face at the end.

Yesca73

Good hopefully this outcome will force the commissioner to get his shit together and get the regular refs in there. I have seen plenty of bad calls and no calls the past few weeks.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
You know what, its the owners of these teams that are really holding up the regular refs coming back....The commissioner Rodger Goodell is hired by all the owners of the league to do what they feel is necessary, basically Goodell job is to keep the onwers who really have the most money in the NFL happy, he is just a puppet for the most part.....anyways You don't think owner for the pats and green bay wish they had the regular ref right now, they basically blew 2 games for them.....Owners wanted to save a couple million each to not give in to the refs, keep blowing games like this and the owners are bound to just end up shelling out the money.......I mean come on people you know the refs are bad when you look at the Steelers vs Raiders game sunday, Steelers 11 penalities and Raider only 2! WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THE RAIDERS WERE +9 IN THE PENALTIES DEPARTMENT IN ANY GAME IN THE LAST 20 YEARS! NEVER!!!!! WHAT A JOKE!

H

Homer J Pimpin

i hear all of y'all but at the same time am not going to make excuses...sure the ref's are not great...but at the same time you should not be in a position to where 1 call regaurdless of when it happens decides the outcome......The Packers had their chances and so did the pat's and the steelers.....The Seahawks and the Raiders get kudos from me because not 1 person gave either team a chance....So yes I agree some of the calls were horrible but if you are relying on a call to decide the game you really don't deserve to win imo....It was simple.....The steelers defence allowed the raiders to score again and again even though the refs kept 3 or 4 drives alive with phantom d holding calls and such.....The Steelers d was shit that day end of story.......And in the packers case ......they got beat up plain and simple...Rodgers sacked like 10 times.....and played terrible for 59 minutes......I know this wont be popular but I believe in not making excuses.....The refs are making critical mistakes yes but if you have to rely on them for a win then the problem is deeper than the refs...and besides....They both got their hands on it at the same time...and both fell to the ground fighting for possession..They made the right call, by rule a tie gose to the offence......or in baseball the tie gose to the runner.I did not see any angles of the hail mary play that would allow me to call int......I saw them both at the same time get their hands on the ball....and then it looks like jennings gained possesion on the way to the ground but Tate never took his hand off the ball so It's tough but honestly It was a really close and tough call to make....I'm not sure Jerome Booger or Ed Hoculi would have made a difference.....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That last play in the Packers game was really close; Jennings was a little higher but Tate had inside position. It was closer than i thought; heard the initial call on Packers radio that made it seem like a travesty, when i actually saw it i thought it was a pretty close call but not egregiously bad. Tough situation to put a replacement ref in...
Not trying to defend the replacements though, theyve certainly done their share of learning on the job. During the Pats-Ravens game, they weren't calling any holds. Didn't know you could block a rusher by wrapping your arm around his neck as he runs by you. Maybe that's allowed in Div III....

H

Homer J Pimpin

Yeah, the Steelers Oline might be as bad as the Bears. In pass protection, at least.
Theyre looking vulnerable this year but as long as they have Big Ben, they should finish with a winning record at least. The defense has been giving up a ton of points lately, extending back to last year. Is Polamalu not making plays in the secondary? The defense is giving up about a 100 rush yards a game this last year and change, which is a good 33% more than they're used to giving up. You could always trust they would stop the opponents run game, not so much lately...

the oline was pretty good in oakland as far as pass protection but they just are not strong enough to run block and drive the d backwards they just look pathetic trying to run the ball with those clowns...Honestly they are a very poor excuse for a o line.....and tomlin refuses to aknowledge it because he is arrogant.he somehow thinks that it's the uniform and not the man in it....in his mind he believes that if they put on a steeler jersey they dont have to be good...you hear the press confrences and all he says is the standard is the standard...if you are wearing a steeler jersey then you are playing to the standard..then he gets mad and defensive when beat reporters say things like. the o line dose not seem strong enough to handle good defences or the o lineman cant seem to understand the assigments.......Tomlin insists they are playing up to the standard because they wear the jersey will not aknowledge how piss poor they are.......I want to hear him say like yes we need to upgrade our o line.but nope.he cops out and insists that they are fine and we don't understand how great they are because we are not on the team or in the locker room..it makes me furious.....hes a good coach he is but he is arrogant..

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Homer, I agree to a very strong extent that these teams should not put themselves in these sorta situations of such close games, but some of these awful calls are creating this mess in the first place....Sam Shields got sent to "federal pound you in the ass prison" last night, first off that PI call on him was insane Syndey Rice was rapping him the whole way and Shields still made a great play on knocking the ball down, put the seahawks 25-30 yards down the field plus they get a 1st down, lets not even start on that ass raping he got in the endzone on that last play by Golden Tate, it was comical.......the last two nights in the prime time games, Pat vs Balt and GB vs Sea, 48 penlites! That is not football in any way shape or form....Also on the TD Golden Tate initially took his right arm away from the ball, while the GB player had possession the whole time through out and had it on his chest. To me because of that split second of taking his right hand off I feel he lost possession, Tate did a great job of wrestling it back after i'll give him that.

burns1n209

Golden Tate did not have full possession, u clearly see 1 hand come off the ball when they were falling to the ground. Now if that hand doesn't come off then yea close play could have went either way but he did not get that hand back on instill they came to the ground, while Jennings had possessions the whole time.

burns1n209

I think the refs got scared, last thing they wanted to do was over turn the call and have an all out riot in Seattle. That is if the review was even legal.. a riot would have gotten those refs back quick.

Vegas oddsmakers estimates for total bets on Green Bay/Seattle are one hundred and fifty to three hundred million dollars

This Halloween I wouldn't recommend wearing a referee costume

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Rodgers O-Line looks like str8 Swiss Cheese... Benson was running the Ball Solid...should have kept feeding him rather then chuck the rock so much...

These New Refs are hectic.... Games are taking forever

Anyone else here love to see someone knock out Jay Cutler :) that dude is such a prick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts