What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homer J Pimpin

They signed Brian Hoyer and also signed Plaxico Burress to one year deals
Jerrico Cotchery also has a few broken ribs....

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Pittsburgh needs Ben to be reasonably healthy. I say reasonably because he's probably one of the toughest QBs in the NFL right now and he can usually just keep playing because he's a beast.

As it stands now without Ben, they got no real shot, imho.

Cleveland is almost a gimme game, if the Steelers can manage to bring the right stuff. I'm suspect of Plastico or Batch being game ready, but I guess we'll see. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland run away with it at this point, but Batch may catch a fire and start flinging bullets. Should be a good game if that happens.

I envision lots of turnovers and three and outs until the offense shakes off the cobwebs, but what do I know?

Meanwhile, Baltimore is coming up very soon.

HB.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Happy Turkey Day everyone. Watching this Houston-Lions game, pretty entertaining and im racking up fantasy points to boot...
On one team i have Foster via a trade for Gronk. That worked out in my favor, id say...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah... you think this is romo's last year in Dallas?

jerry jones is in love w/ romo, I'd be surprised to see any moves w/his boy wonder. they lucked into beating Cleveland last week @ home and were embarrassed by the 'Skins today.

score should read 45-31 but DeAngelo Hall stopped short of scoring for whatever reason after picking up & running back that on-sides kick w/only 12 seconds left @ games end.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Shout out goes to the refs in the Houston-Detroit game. 10 quarters of football in 4 days with a decimated defense and the Texans roll on. 10-1 looks really good in the standings. My vote for defensive player of the year has to go to J J Watt. 3 more sacks and some batted balls just added more cred to an already awesome season.

H

Homer J Pimpin

10 -1 looks good on paper but we all know the Lions won that game........I will say this The Texans seem to be loosing a bit of momentum and If I were in the AFC playoff race I would want and hope to play the Texans after what they've done the last few weeks seems they might have peeked a little too early........

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
They miss Jonathan Joseph as their #1 corner and Brian KushInc for the season at middle linebacker. Maybe JJ Watt needs to get double digit sacks+passes defensed every game for them to be a good defense again...

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
10 -1 looks good on paper but we all know the Lions won that game........I will say this The Texans seem to be loosing a bit of momentum and If I were in the AFC playoff race I would want and hope to play the Texans after what they've done the last few weeks seems they might have peeked a little too early........

Of course the running back was down on that play. Even if he was called down they may have still scored on that drive. Both teams had a chance to win in OT. The Texans for sure are not the same team that started the season. The defense is missing half of their starters. You are right Homer they are looking vulnerable. One of their last five games is against Tom Brady and two games against
Andrew Luck. That's going to make it tough to hang on to home field advantage through the playoffs.

H

Homer J Pimpin

I'd be way more worried about brady hanging a 50 burger on you than Andrew Luck.....good news is the Texans can score alot of points.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Schwartzie should have known better than to throw a flag. He's a big boy, and paid handsomely. Even in the heat of the moment, when a TO or a TD happens, its automatically reviewed. Anyone who makes millions of dollars a year because he knows football should know that.
But he owned up to it afterward, I'll give him that. If anything will make him learn to keep his emotions in check, it should be this.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I'm ready to watch the Pack attack them pussy ass giants

hopefully we get some injured players back to help do that as well

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

that's odd, I thought I'd posted this last night.......

week12.jpg

H

Homer J Pimpin

you guys were right Batch sucks this season is over and I am confident that with all the problems we have we will not even get close to winning another game this year......beating the 2-8 chiefs was a fluke........K.C. should have won that game because they are a better team than the steelers who are without a doubt the worst team in the nfl...position by position (without Ben) the steelers have the WORSTplayers in the league.....Tomlin is the most arrogant coach in the league and Haley is the worst offencive cordinator in the league.......I said earlier this year in this thread that we would only win 3 games when we got to 6 I got blinded and hopefull but now the harsh reality sets in again and I'm sure we will finish 6-10......I am ashamed to cal my self a steeler fan........

DocCrow

you guys were right Batch sucks this season is over and I am confident that with all the problems we have we will not even get close to winning another game this year......beating the 2-8 chiefs was a fluke........K.C. should have won that game because they are a better team than the steelers who are without a doubt the worst team in the nfl...position by position (without Ben) the steelers have the WORSTplayers in the league.....Tomlin is the most arrogant coach in the league and Haley is the worst offencive cordinator in the league.......I said earlier this year in this thread that we would only win 3 games when we got to 6 I got blinded and hopefull but now the harsh reality sets in again and I'm sure we will finish 6-10......I am ashamed to cal my self a steeler fan........

Pretty much sums it up.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, I dont know about that. Apparently Ben's rib is almost healed up so he will probably start next week. The TO's, especially by the RB's, is an anomaly. Batch, well, he tried but he's probably not fit to be even a 3rd stringer in the league anymore. He will retire and continue to help his community. Maybe give that Hoyer guy a shot to stay on the roster as Ben's backup; maybe some of that Belichick magic has rubbed off on him...
More injuries on the O-line are not helping things, but Ben has proven he can win games without much help from his line. And the defense, for all the bad spots they were put in, performed about as well you could expect. Although the Browns are not what you'd call a good offense, they have a somewhat decent QB and a budding stud at RB.
I dont think theyre out of the playoffs yet. Who knows, if they get healthy at the end of the year, and Ben gets on a hot streak, maybe they can go on a run...

Status
Not open for further replies.