What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is great news about football starting in 100d
let the count down begin
i think sea would be a great fot with baker but we will see how the browns brown out
i think at some point they are not getting the value they want and depending on how the d.watts thing works out it might just be a wasted roster spot
so right about how there is too much middle management in the work place right now and a lot of palces are getting very top heavy
take compliance, isnt that more an hr issue or maybe facilities depending on what we are talking about
but companies will often have several layers of overlap between depts
and of course you need a vp-level in there someplace for each group
they add very little to the bottom line but i used to enjoy the mandatory "training" we had to fill in ever quarter
the funny thing with covid is it showed how autonomously most people could work from home
/but what about the big salaries? we need managers to manage the manager
we are having home owners insurance problems so im not going to do an outdoor grow this year
a lot of people in ca are being threaghtened with losing coverage for their home owners insurance because of things like gardens or proximity of plants to the structure
almost always grew in soil outdoors
does your wife spend much time in the yard? sounds like a great set up for an auto,where it just does its thing until its done
but if it would cause problems, you have to ask is the juice worth the squeeze?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah I think OTA’s have already started so you’ll be hearing reports of who’s showing up and who’s not. I think some of them aren’t mandatory so if a star player doesn’t show up it doesn’t mean much.
I wonder if baker is going to continue to do a bunch of Progressive insurance commercials after he gets traded. He’s actually not a bad actor for an athlete, and he’s less annoying than that Flo character that used to be on those insurance commercials.

I think that’s the biggest complaint most line workers have about their jobs, whether you work for a govt agency, private company, school etc is that there’s way too many ‘managers’ with incomprehensible jobs who get paid 2-3x what the plebes they ‘manage’ are getting paid.
And ur right, Work from Home is here to stay but for a lot of the lowest paid workers that’s not an option unfortunately.

That sux that a small grow would affect home insurance like that, I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? Are they afraid the law enforcement could seize the home if they find the grow isnt legal? It cant be because of fire hazard, well maybe an indoor grow could be but not an outdoor one.
Soil grows are very versatile, did you ever use any fancy nutes or just give them basic plant food? I haven’t grown in years but I guess all the fancy schmancy organic nutes are pricey, I always wondered if a smoker could tell the difference between bud grown with $100 organic nutes or plant food straight from home depot.

The woman would find the grow in no time, she likes to snoop around and watch what im doing. Makes me feel like im in prison and have to hide contraband from the CO’s but whatever, it keeps my skills sharp haha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
already hearing about whos not showing up for the ota, but most seem to be super star names (at least for the rams) and are guys who have their work outs dialed in
/oh noes, a.donnald did not show up; hes at home going beast mode and enjoying his down time im sure
i know what you mean about how the lady has eyes like a hawk and sees all
its more our landscaping but i fear an inspector might come poking around at some point
/yeah bro, those are my pot plants...
ive used the fancy ferts and like them
i dont go by the label but get good results from them
ive also used composted chicken sh!t and just native soil too
if you look at your plants you can see what they need and adjust their feeding accordingly
one thing to avoid is some ferts have stuff that attracts natural animals
they will dig up your plat even if they arent after the plant because they can smell something good in the soil
/like a homeless guy at the kfc dumpsters, the can tell there is somethign good in the mix
im not a fan of flo or the att girl
the mrs is sick and has been off work for the past week
/thinks she has strep
she on antibiotics and they said "if you cant run a marathon, then just take the rest of the week off"
woo-hoo, like her own little spring break
shes been on pills the past week and should be better by friday at the latest, but she works from home so she is still getting sh!t done
she is up and ready for some breakfast

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I think the star WR’s who want contract extensions (deebo samuel, terry mclaurin, dk Metcalf) are going to boycott all offseason work and maybe even training camp if they don’t get 25M/yr deals. They drive a hard bargain but I guess that’s smart, you can suffer a terrible injury in practice just like in games and if youre never the same player again you wont get paid jack.

A. Donald might be angling for some new money himself, he’s got 3 years left at around 20M/yr but not much of it is guaranteed, his agent probably wants a TJ Watt type of deal (30M/yr).

Ah, I see, it’s the insurance inspectors that come around that might snitch if they see a grow. If it’s a legal grow under state law you would think that’d be ok but I guess insurance companies can reject your coverage for any reason.

I know what you mean with the ferts that attract animals, one time I bought bone meal and blood meal and they straight up smelled kind of like meat so I could see how they would attract animals. But using your composted chicken poop is a great way to re-use what is essentially waste material. It’s probably not much different than bat guano and I remember buying some of that at the nute store, I don’t think it was cheap either.

Haha, ive seen that vid before, that monkey has those people well trained. “If I just make this motion, these hairless apes will give me food”

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahaha yeah man, the monkey makes tihs gesture and they hand it food
classic pavlovian conditioning, i push button and get treat
/button mashes repeatedly
good ferts arent cheap but if you look at input cost you are still getting a deal in most cases
i doubt they are sending out a guy to the house but im not going to take chances
as long as weed is illegal at the federal level they can still hassle you, freaking insurance comapanies
i was talking to a friend the other night and he mentioned that as long as our house was paid for we could drop our insurance and self insure
i cant tell you how much we have paid into their system, but we have never filed a claim and if our house were to go up in flames because of our landscaping, it would be because of some kind of natural disaster where over half of san diego burns down
/fema anyone?
it just burns me up because our yard is lush and green while our neighbors have tall palm trees witha dry skirt at least 2-3meters
that is a torch waiting to burn, our yard is green and you could dump a 50g drum of fuel on it and it would still not burn down
/have i mentioned that the ca insurance comish is on the take? working more for the ins industry and not for the people?
the funny thing is its becoming more a te league and you get more bang ofr your buck from the te spot esp when you look at the elite players
top wr are valuable but not when you are burning so much cap on them, unless they are producing at the highest levels
was reading how the rams are talking w/donald and i think he will be a ram for a long time
so the holiday weekend is approaching what are your plans? i might get some pork ribs and grill but the mrs wants to go to the beach
i have to drive up north today and i was thinking of stopping by a german place i know
they have great food huge portions and good prices
im thinking of getting a schnitzel and something for the fam on my way home

where is hawk and doob? you guys have any plans for the long weekend

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Ribs sound good! Never had a schnitzel but I know they're good. Try to find some potato salad.
Doing something with mom on Monday, she mentioned the beach or a lake. Wanted to get going at like 7am. Hey whatever. Went to the dispensary this morning and grabbed 2 grams of bubble hash. Should last through the holiday. Have some good MAC1 but it doesn't get me nearly as high as the bubble hash.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ur right, im surprised that monkey isnt super obese by now, but maybe it has decent self-control, only eats when it’s hungry and stops when it’s full.

U make a good point, that overall even expensive nutes aren’t going to be a major expense for a hobby grow.

Yeah, insurance is often a rip-off, you give them thousands of dollars over the years and even then they’ll look for any loophole to deny your claim if you file one. Such a racket. That doesn’t sound like a bad idea, dropping insurance if your house is paid off. Of course, there’s the peace of mind issue; knowing my luck, if I did something like that my place would burn down in a year or two and I’d be SOL. Hopefully despite your neighbors dry patch youre not in danger of wildfires or anything like that, I know the south and west is especially dry this year so it should be another smokey season. Do you get a lot of the smoke/overcast from the wildfires?

A donald has made 1st team all pro seven straight times, which is more than brady and Rodgers combined. Of course I think two def tackles make 1st team every year vs just one QB, but still that shows he’s been no worse than a top 2 DT the last seven years. I mean’s he’s been the best every year, not sure there was another tackle who was demonstrably better than him since 2015…

How much is the bubble hash at your dispensaries, DB? Around IL it’s like $50-60/gram but add on 10-15/g for taxes. Ripoff I know…

Im not grilling anything for the weekend but I did have an MRE recently: bought some cheap MRE pizzas online, they were so cheap because I think they’re expired and look gross and brown. Im guessing they still taste the same but not sure, they dont taste spoiled or make me sick but they have this overwhelming sweet tomato sauce taste that’s off-putting. Ah well. I paired it with some chicken chunks and mre cheese spread on a shelf stable tortilla. Actually not that bad once microwaved for a bit haha.

mre pizza 1.jpg
mre pizza 2.jpg
mre chicken chunks.jpg
chicken cheese.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Wow MREs? I haven't had one in a long time. I bought a case of 10 or so about 25 years ago...ate it in a few days. Good munchies.
The bubblehash at the dispensary comes out to $55/gram with my veteran discount of 20%. I go through 2 grams every 5-7 days. Usually 5. Was getting kief too...gram for $24. Every 5 days. Was like $800/month. Something's gotta give. Stuck in spiraling cycle. How do I cut back? I guess I'll smoke half as much. I can do it. Have an eighth of MAC1...packed the bong twice and got sorta high. But still went for that bubblehash

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

happy memorial day fellows! thanks to all those who served this great country of ours
/you always have the lord by your side, so today i ran 20 red lights in his honor
working on recruiting/training up a squad or two to fight in the uk'rain

/bunch of freaking turds
mres are good food and i have a few favs and in addition to the mani course there were a ton of snacks to munch on
did the pizza one come with those litle hot sauce bottles? it looks like they had the cheese spread and that stuff was like gold
i call them camp food now but they fill the belly and offer a taste of home
the chunk chicken dosent look half bad either
/did the ones you get have that chem heater pouch where you added the water to heat them up?
those are some crazy prices and it might be cheaper for you to make your own bubble doob
like does the shop sell trim or mids at a cheaper price, you could extract your own and probably get a better deal but you have to do the work yourself
kief is just un-pressed hash so it might be worth it to buy that and mold it yourself if the quality if the same
making some ribs and baked beans with corn bread today and i will enjoy every bite
enjoy your day boys and make every bite count

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Mmm ribs and baked beans! Enjoy the day @pop_rocks ! 👍
The dispensary sells 1/2 ounces of some stuff for $100...could buy the bubble bag kit and start making my own!!!! Ice hash!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, MRE’s are about similar in quality to grocery canned food like chef Boyardee, etc, so like DB said theyre not the worst quality food, maybe even preferable to low grade fast food.

The mre pizza came as single servings, not the whole meal with the sides, think I got 10 of them for like $3 each inc shipping, normally even by themselves you’d pay 5-6 bucks each but then they’d probably be fresher or at least not so brown looking haha.

The chicken chunk MRE didn’t actually have a flameless ration heater but the others do. Not sure why this one didn’t maybe they figured this dish doesn’t need warming.

800/mth ($25/day) is a pretty expensive bill for toking, im guessing a home or guerilla grow is not an option? In IL I think medical patients can get a license for a home grow, 6 plants or so, which if you grow trees could net you like 24oz every 3-4 months, and then trim for hash making, etc.

Like Pop said, are edibles an option for you or you just like the immediate high of smoking? That half oz (14g) for $100 seems a good deal, after you use it for bubble hash maybe you can make butter with it. Sometimes I ask a hobby grower I know for their leftover trim and leaves and they give it to me cheap) and I can make a good amount of oil or butter with it and edibles always give me a long lasting high, if you can wait for it to set in. Someone else’s trash can be another person’s treasure.

We ordered some boneless wings from buffalo wild wings last week, on Thursday theyre buy one get one free. Got sauces on the side, teriyaki, parmesan garlic, and blazing sauce, which is their hottest. Once a year or so I feel masochistic and feel the need to order blazing sauce, which is so hot you cant even taste the chicken. Pointless really but it does cause a good sweat.

boneless wings.jpg
wing sauces.jpg

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Chicken wings!!! Nice @Bababooey It's hard to find good wings around here...dominos is all rubbery and slimey and the good chicken places are in the city. Hooters has darn good wings. Will try Buffalo wild wings around here sometime. Saw Top Gun 2...was pretty awesome

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dominos wings are oven baked, not deep fried, so that's why they are the way they are. Still, i've had them before and for a chicken place i think they're alright, at least the ones ive gotten. But u make a good point, they dont compare to real chicken joints. It's been years since ive had hooters wings but ur right, theyre solid wings, fried in that light crispy batter, and their standard sauce has lots of flavor and isnt too hot. If there were a hooters near me i'd go more often.
I need to see TG2, saw some cam versions i can download online but theyre usually really bad copies. They fly f16's or f18's in the new one? They got rid of the old f14 Tomcats from the 80s, which is a shame cause that was a beast of a plane, but i guess the mission it was made for, intercepting russian bombers, isnt so useful anymore. Nowadays the navy jets have to be able to strike ground targets which i guess the f14 wasnt as well suited for as the newer jets. Or so wikipedia tells me lol.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Yeah the F18 is in this but you'd be surprised. It's really a good movie man. Can you go see it at the theater? Yeah the F14 is scrap now. Dying for good chicken wings. Might find a Hooters nearby. Yumyumyum. Plus there's those girls with the outfit!
My local Dominos fails in every way. The people working there are like Indian and Arabic... You'd think they too could make good chicken wings but it's like they don't care. Enjoy your wings bro!!!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The woman is dying to go to the movies sometime and ur right, this sort of movie is best seen on the big screen, with the surround sound.
Last time i went to a hooters the server wasnt all that, she looked a little soft and wasnt very friendly, maybe it was just my creepy vibe though giving her the heebee jeebees lol.
Most of the takeout places in the chicago hoods seemed to be owned by pakistani's, the food they make is alright but it's not hard to cook, mostly frozen stuff (burger patties, wings etc) or already cooked stuff (sausages, deli meats). It really takes a lack of effort or care to mess up fast food but i think the papa johns near me was like that too, like i know papa johns aint gourmet but sometimes it's like the pizza wasnt even fully cooked.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow man, those wings look awesome!
i looked u0p this place but there are only two in my area, both about 30-40min away
there is a wings and things close by but not the same
its been ages since ive been to hooters but hey im just interested in the food
/i read playboy for the articles too
im going to have to find soem good wings locally, the korean joint had pretty good ones if you ate them fresh
i agree that the wings need to be fried not baked
/we can do that sh!t at home in the air fryer i want real wings
glad you liked the new top gun movie and it sounds like a fun time doob
those ol'tomcats were sweet but they have moved on since then
so it sounds like the rams have some issues with a.don
his contract still has a few years to go but the guaranteed money is pretty much done, so he wants a new a new deal
this guy has been the premiere defensive player in the league and shows no signs of slowing down
/saw some pics of him recently and he looks like the hulk
i say resign him to another deal and make him a ram for life
those are some steep numbers doob and $800/month is too much to be spending on smoke
is the reason you arent growing your own because of a land lord thing?
it sucks you live so far away because you would smoke like a king here in cali for half that and have plenty of $$ left over for wings and movies

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey @pop_rocks ! I'd be super fat if I had an air fryer. Yeah I got an apartment in a subsidized town building a few years back - can't grow weed and can't smoke it. Sucks big time. But my rent is like $300/month...IN BOSTON...WITH heat/hot water/lights included. Have been thinking about a VA home loan and getting a small place out in the country maybe Worcester.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
could you swing the monthly payments on a home doob?
if so that would be the way to go
three bills a month is a great deal and it sounds like you have a sweet deal where you are at but like a y deal, there are strings attached
you cant smoke in your home, even outside? where do you smoke out at amn
/huddles in bathroom blowing smoke through paper towel roll filled with drier sheets up to fan
a place in the country would be sweet if you could afford it and you would be putting money in your pocket ever month
have a great day brother

throwing in a song because you kick ass my man

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
There's a fan in the bathroom ceiling...exhausts out the roof. I smoke in there. Never had a problem. Air smells clean and fresh 15 minutes after smoking. Gets fresh air and replaced every few minutes it seems.
Yes a place out towards the country would be the best place for me. I get $1,100 a month from social security...could swing a monthly payment of like $600 if I got a nice VA loan.
Stay cool @pop_rocks ! Have a great day man!

Latest posts

Latest posts