What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

MrBungle

How bout them apples squeelers!?! Myles Garrett is a dawg! Whatever happens to him should happen to Rudolph as well.. 2 wins in 4 days.. That sounds good to me

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
fresh noodles are the best and once you get the hang of it it dosent take that long to make
it takes me about 15-20 min to get the dough where i want it and the you just kind of let it rest before you roll it out
you can even make a bigger ball and then save some for later, i bet you could actually freze the dough if you wanted and enjoy it later
i use that bobs red mill semolina and fresh eggs
i got one of those cheap counter top pasta rollers off amazon and its worked for me
you start by rolling out thisck and then go thinner with each pass, it also has a cutter attachment so you can make wide fettuccine or thinner style noodles
/i like the wider noodles
i think the rams season is pretty much on the line this weekend and if they dont win they are not going to make the playoffs
like you said the defense has jumped but i would like to see goff regain some swagger
the injuries to the o'line arent helping things at all and gurley being off this season is a big drag
/they need to play him big time this weekend, this and every game the rest of the season are the big games they have been saving him for
can you believe that stuff that jumped off at the end of the browns game
garret totally flipped and cost himself the rest of the season
kind of surprising because i never thought of him as a hot head player
/the whole game tho was filled with some questionable hits and i think the league might look into this further

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Heh, Browns fans have a point when they say mason instigated the helmet pulling. He also shoved myles in the crotch with his foot when myles was pulling his helmet off.
Mason wasn’t even hurt by the hit, he was ducking and the padded part of the helmet neck hole hit him on top of his head. I’m sure it didn’t feel great but he immediately turned around looking for a flag, not like he collapsed and started spasming.
I agree with Pop, he never seemed overly emotional on the field, but this will be a lesson for him. And the browns were beating up the steelers all game, their safety got ejected for a helmet to helmet hit where the receiver was bleeding from his ear.

I think I’m going to have to try making fresh noodles, Pop. The wide ones are called farfalle or something? Wonder if i can use regular all purpose flour instead of the semolina one…
Ive made my own red sauce with canned, skinless tomatoes from italy, they carry them in Sams. Bought 15 minutes of stewing with some onions, garlic and seasoning, can make a very nice marinara. Would have to make that with the fresh noodles.
Then again, sometimes you just want to grab a sleeve of spaghetti noodles and a jar of Ragu and call it a day, y’know?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
there is nothing wrong with a nice bag of dried pasta and a jar of gravy for a quick and delicious meal
especially if you dress up the sauce with your own fresh garlic and stuff; ive been on a pepper kick lately, not the hot kind but the red,green or yellow bell peppers
they bring a taste that i like and are easy to add in, just dice them up with some onions and yuove got it made
but fresh pasta is like so easy to make and is worth the extra effort
im sure the all purpose will make fine noodles and you will taste the difference for sure
add in some of your fresh sauce made from the canned tomatoes and you have a great plate!
the fresh noodles cook super fast too so you kind of save some time on that end
also, you can make a bunch of noodles up front and then hang them to air dry and save them for later
give it a try and let us know what you think my man!
i think mason is partly to blame for what happened and m.pouncy is going to be hearing from the league as well; but garret is in the most hot water
so im looking forward to the texans v ranvens today with two of the best qbs in the league going head to head in the early game
then im all about the rams v bears tonight, i will be sure to save you a seat up front right next to me brother! what a great way to end a sunday of football

shithawk420

Veteran
Well my dad and I are very pissed.what the hell is with the Bears Baba? Trubisky is the worst QB I've ever seen.what is Chicago saying? This is unacceptable.im in the country so can't get the scuttlebut.the bears are one of the worst teams in NFL.Theres no excuse for this.please tell me your opinion cause this is so fucking bogus.Trubisky is the worst in nFL

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I usually just try to add meat to a jar of sauce if i add anything, but adding peppers and onions and garlic sounds even better, makes it even more legit italian tasting than just adding ground beef. Maybe some oregano or italian seasoning too.
I figure the fresh noodles cook faster than dry ones, and air drying the extras for later sounds like a good plan too. Ill have to post pics if i ever attempt it.

Pouncey was punching and kicking garrett in the helmet, which good for him to protect his QB but is a good way to break your hand.

The ravens/texans was a one-sided affair, Lamar is the frontrunner for MVP and ravens look like the best team in the league. Ever since they got marcus peters from the rams their D has been lights out, and they already have the leagues best O.

Hey Hawk, good to hear from you. Did ur kitchen get fixed yet?
Well, Mitch is terrible and has been outside of a good quarter or two against a bad defense. He takes too long to go through his reads, his accuracy is mostly bad, and his one good skill, scrambling, he’s reluctant to do for fear of injury. I would have hope that he can get back to his 2018 form, but I’m not sure that’s possible. Most bears fans i think are ready to move on as well, fwiw. We’re 2/3 of the way through the season and he’s showing zero signs of improvement.
At least the Falcons have won 2 in a row, now that they’ve rediscovered their defense, so that must make u happy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah the peppers and onions are an easy way to dress things up
i like to add them to my sandwiches too to give thema nice fresh kick
you can totally make your own pasta and it dosent take that long
rams picked up a win last night and the bears pulled trubs from the game in the 2nd half
im really questioning if he is the qb you guys are looking for
hes showed some game late last season but since then has since lost all of his mojo
hopefully they will sit trubs for the next few weeks, give mcdaniels a few reps but more important, let trubinski reset mentally
if j.mac can win some games the keep mithc on the bench longer thats great but i dont think hes the answetr going foreward
i seriously thing cam newton will become a free agent after this season and if he could end up on the bears that would totally turn your team around
im not digging on j.goff right now either but im still going to give him the benifit of a doubt, hes just going through some rough waters and will get right at some point
/its werid how things can just start to click
ravens/texans was a good game, just not the firewarks factory i was expecting
not only is l.jax having a mvp season but the ret of the team came out to play
if they finish off the season like they have been playing its going to be a great post season
/just got to figure out how to beat those quarter defenses

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it seems like you use a lot of peppers and onions in your cooking you must keep a supply of them on hand at all times. I usually only carry onions and sometimes not even then. I don't buy bell peppers that often but it might be a good idea to keep them in stock more. You certainly seem to be getting a lot of use out of themz, ur right it's a good way to add flavor crunchiness and color to a dish.

Mitch is probably the worst quarterback in the league right now, and unfortunately he might be healthy enough to finish out the season, he had a hip pointer but is practicing in full now.
At this point the Bears will probably let him finish out his fourth year which is next season, and not pick up his fifth year option. I'm not sure if cam will be a free agent or be traded next year, Kyle Allen had a 4 interception game last week and he's starting to pile up turnovers like he did in college. Kyle's best game of the season came against Arizona which is like the worst pass defense in the league every other game he's just been sort of okay or downright bad.
Goff has definitely had his rough moments this season, but his line seems to be blocking better and gurley seems to be running better as well. With that defense playing so well, they might have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs as a wild-card. They're hosting the Ravens on Monday Night Football so we'll see how they match up against one of the best teams in the league. It'll be interesting to see what Wade Phillips does to stop Lamar Jackson , not sure if he'll break out the three safety look the Chargers used last playoffs. The Ravens offense looks very different this year, they often line up two or three running backs or tight ends in the back field with Lamar , it sometimes looks like a formation from 50 years ago when they hardly ever pass the ball. But they do pass the ball and wel; jackson has more TD passes than Brady or Rodgers.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i do like peppers i guess
like you said, they add a lot of flavor and a nice color to a dish plus are really high in nutrients
that is one hot taek about how bad trubinski is playing, he is having a terrible season but im sure there are worse qbs in the league
if nothing else hes still on his rookie contract so you guys arent paying an arm and a leg for his bad play
/joe flaco is not elite
but you might be right about the bears holding on to him for one more season to see if he can put it all togheter
if the cats want to trade newton i think the chargers could be a serious bidder
after last weeks game, it looks like we might have seen the last of phillip rivers
it looks like his best years are well behind him and even at his peak he couldent bring home a trophy
im glad the rams play on monday night
we are heading out to joshua tree this weeeknd and im wont be home until late sunday
l.jax is having an mvp type season and i think hes taken a big step forward from the qb he was last season
he is now a multi-dimensional talent and looks like he can beat you with his arm as well as his mobility
/speaking of mobility, have you notivced how a lot of the young successful qb are a lot more mobile?
its going to take some help for the rams to make the playoffs this season
the west is going to send two teams to the post season and i will let you pick who gets the division, but as i see it we have the seahawks and the 9ers going #1 and wild card
/if i had to pick the next wild card team i would say minnesota
there are still a few games to be played and we could still see some shuffling at the top but it looks like the palyoff picture is starting to develop
who do you see primed for the post season,baba?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Peppers are good, it's good to like vegetables, helps keep your diet healthier than just eating fried stuff and meat and cheese all the time. I tend to gravitate towards the junk, so all the healthy stuff in the fridge often goes bad before i can use it all unless i make a concerted effort to make dishes with lots of veggies.

Ur exactly right, trubs is basically making backup QB money as a rookie (4-5M/yr) so it'll be cheap for chicago to keep him and see what he can do next year. The year after that is the 5th yr option, if the bears pick it up, will cost them like over 20M, so they wont be doing that if he's still a bottom-5 QB.

Rivers had a good first month of the season but has tailed off a lot since, culminating in the worst interception streak of his career (7 in 2 games). He wont always play this badly (that's on pace for 56 interceptions over a season, record is like half that, 28?) but yeah, considering his age, makes u wonder if he's hit a wall or something. If he still continues to mostly suck the next 5 games, chargers might have to make some hard decisions. They really should have drafted a developmental guy behind rivers by now.

You'll like this, dean spanos getting booed in mexico city before the MNF chiefs-chargers game. I mean, what did he expect appearing in front of a bunch of chargers fans? F-spanos.

I guess that's the trend from college spread offenses, to neutralize a pass rush and add an extra dimension to a QB's attack it'd be great if they were a running threat. Lamar, kyler and wilson are the standard, Cam was the bigger slower version, Luck before he retired was pretty mobile for his size, and josh allen and dak prescott are willing and able runners. But even guys like rodgers and mahomes, they dont typically run for positive yards but they have that mobility to escape a collapsing pocket and throw accurately on the run. Cousins and mayfield are like that too, a little bit. Daniel jones looks like Eli in many respects but is way quicker than him. I mean, pocket passers like Brady and garappolo will never go out of style, but whatever gets the job done.

It depends on how SEA and SF do rest of season, but yeah, the rams have to win most of their remaining games to snag a playoff spot. That might be very doable, SF hasnt been as dominant now that theyre playing better teams, SEA's D still gives up more points than a contender should, and the rams still have 1 game against each.

Still got 5 games left in the season, so still a lot left to decide as far as playoffs go. Injuries can affect a lot, and hitting a hot or cold streak can as well. All i know is the bears aint making no playoffs, so the raiders will have a nice high 1st rd pick in the 2020 draft.

Joshua tree sounds dope, might have to bring some shrooms or acid and trip balls out there. Heh. You'll miss the sunday games but enjoying nature sounds very worthwhile.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, i wish i had thought about bringing some fun treats beyond smoke!
im not that well connected anymore so it might take soem time to track them down
i once tried growing them myself from one of those kits you see but the results werent that great
but i dig nature and we have come nice candies to enjoy
we come back sunday night so the cool thing is i can still catch the 9ers game and then get my rams football on', on monday
i will miss the day games but thats ok
/boohoo
so i dont get to see the raiders/ jets play,but actually i think cowboys v ne is where its at
speaking of the raiders, they match up against kc next weekend and that could go a long way deciding the afc west
right now the chiefs hold the tie breaker so the raiders totally need a win here, not just for the W, but to even things out if them and kc finish with the same record
/it could happen
im already cooking up a heaping serving of crow that im going to be enjoying with my friend who said the raiders were the dark horse team of the season
hope you are winding down yur week and ready for a fun weekend
can you believe that this time next week it will be thanksgiving!
this year has flown by and the fun is just about to get started
enjoy a few minutes of football for me brother and be sure to break out the good liquor

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I grew shrooms once, years and years ago, made a thread about it on this site, should be in my sig but don’t know if it’s been deleted or archived or what, not sure that link works…
Had a couple jars go bad with mold but otherwise got some good shrooms, only thing is I don’t really much like hallucinogens, plus shrooms in particular tend to give me stomach cramps.

Niners-packers game should be really good, and rams-ravens on MNF should also be fun. I agree boys-pats during the day will be a good watch, see how Dak does against a top defense. If he can put up 25+ points against NE, I think jerry jones gives him a 36M/yr extension the next week.

Who’d have thought raiders would be contesting the chiefs for the division lead this late in the season? Only ur friend, that’s who, and we all thought he was drinking the kool aid.

Yup, Thanksgiving is less than a week, got a turkey I plan to smoke, and looking forward to 3 Thursday games. Let us know how ur trip turns out, im sure it will be dope.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Amazing Oakland stat - with today's loss BY 31 POINTS to THE JETS - on the road, they're 0-11 against the spread after a win. Going back to 2016. Will moving out of Oakland help?

Great quote out of New Orleans today: It wasn’t our best game, it wasn’t their best game, and quite honestly it wasn’t New York’s best game. It's not the Zebras best year.

It's a shame that Detroit and Cinci don't play each other. With Detroit detroiting in DC, it's not clear who has the worst team in the league, for power ranking purposes.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that Raiders-Jets score was kind of surprising, Oakland looked like the team of the last few years instead of a possible wild card playoff team. And ever since Darnold saw ghosts against the Pats, his play has steadily been getting better. Im going to try to pick him up in one of my leagues, he's got a pretty easy schedule rest of season.

I heard one commentator say that maybe they should have a 3 person review team in NY instead of just one guy. But yeah, the ability to review PI or lack of PI calls has done more harm than good this year, coaches are just confused as to what constitutes Pass interference now.

Are you a fan of Detroit, Joe? They were looking pretty decent earlier this year, Stafford was playing better than he has in a long time, but then he went down, injuries hit their other positions pretty hard, and next thing you know they're losing to a 1 win team (Redskins, now with 2 wins).

The bengals look to have that #1 overall pick locked up. They'll need a QB, not sure if they'll go after Tua, who might need most of next season to recover from his hip fracture, or Burrows, the LSU QB. Or maybe they go defense and get Chase Young from Ohio state. But the bengals have been terrible this year, and i dont think they were trying to tank like miami was. Makes u wonder if they wish they hadn't fired marvin lewis...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope your team is playing better than the rams
/ but for real l.jax=mvp
sf49rs are on fire and look like the team to beat in the nfc while the c'boys are a burning tire fires and ol'jerrah is smoking mad!
and ehats the deal with raidernatio?
that sounds dank turkey for thankgiving,baba' and i cant believe thnksgiving is just a few days away
ive been training the past few weeks you know, taking that extra bite at each meal and im ready to eat!
hope you are ready for the short week

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the niners-packers and rams-ravens games weren’t competitive at all, not very fun watching unless ur a ravens or niners fan. Or hate the packers or rams.
Lamar is on pace to break mahomes record for most fantasy pts in a season, which he set last year (think mahomes broke peyton’s record from 2013). Both peyton and mahomes won MVP when they set those records, so yeah Pop, it’s pretty much guaranteed that lamar will win it also if he keeps it up.
If jerry does finally fire Jason garrett this season, I wonder if they’ll promote Kellen moore to head coach? He’s had dak playing like a top 5 QB this season, I would think he’ll probably get a HC job on another team if dallas doesn’t keep him.
Heh, that’s a good excuse for over-eating. Hey babe, im not a glutton, I’m just in training for the holidays!
I always get sick of thanksgiving leftovers after a couple days, but lately ive been doing a better job of giving the leftovers away and also feeding it to my pups.
Is anyone here doing any black Friday shopping this weekend?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The officials both on the field and in NYC are trying to kill the rule by doing what they're doing. They don't want replays at all. I was more of a fan of Stafford than Detroit but it's obvious now that he can't carry them. Who knows what if anything he could have done on another team, but he'd be an upgrade for Chicago and Pittsburgh for sure. Jerry wants glory hole days, so he might be inclined to pay for the biggest name he can get. I hope your team has better unis than the Rams - were those Stan's idea?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I think ur right, the refs are trying to kill reviews of Pass Interference (or lack of PI) by denying 95% or more of them. It’s making coaches wonder what’s even the point of making it reviewable if none of the challenges work?
Stafford was the Lions’ reward for going 0-16 in 2008, the #1 overall pick out of Georgia. His 2nd or 3rd year in the league he had a 5k yard, 40td season and I thought he’d win an mvp or two during his career. Sadly, he never really approached those numbers again, although he was usually a lock for 4500 yds passing every season. Georgia has another QB who might be a high draft pick, jake fromm. That dude hasn’t played as well this season as he did the previous 2 years, but he’ll probably still be a top 10 pick next April.
Stafford is a solid franchise QB so guys like that are rarely traded or let go by their teams. Many years he was the only reason they won 7+ games instead of 2-3. For his part he’s been very loyal to the franchise; they’ve paid him well but ur right, if he really wanted to win a title he would have demanded a trade to a better overall team.
Rams were wearing their gold uni’s with the dark blue highlights against the ravens. I get ur point, it’s an awful lot of yellow when a classic white home uniform would have been less ‘loud’, but I guess teams nowadays try to push a lot of different color schemes, the better to sell more jerseys.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening baba!
hope you had a great thanksgiving weekend
what a wild week of football and the fun is just getting started with the playoff picture developing
rams are still wobbly legs but the west will have two of the hottest teams in the nfl in the playoffs
l.jax and the ravens are playing like their hair is on fire, even in the pouring rain!
/mvp
pats are kind of shakey but still hold an edge in the post season
hope you got your grub on and had a great long weekend and hopefully you are on track with your holiday shopping
can you believe there are only a few more weeks to go until christmas
/looking forward to the week off
keep on kicking ass brother and hope you finish off your year strong!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanksgiving went alright, smoked a turkey and baked a ham, I’ll see if I have any pics I can post up later. Food was good, but honestly I feel like i like ‘regular’, non-thanksgiving food better. Pizza, steaks, burgers and fries, etc, would rather have that than turkey plus sides. But maybe im just being grumpy.

Goff got his game right against the cardinals, but every QB looks great vs them. They host the seahawks on Sunday night football, they played a close game against them last time, we’ll see if theyre up to the task this time. Ur right, hawks and niners might be the two best teams in the NFC, niners lost a close one at Baltimore, the run game did well against the ravens D, and they didn’t allow lamar to run up the score against them.
I agree with u, patriots did not look good against the Texans. The D gave up 4 tds to Watson, and the O couldn’t score more than 3 pts until garbage time, when they did have 3tds to make the score close. I guess the pats had a chance to tie or win with a successful onside kick attempt, so that’s something.
Brady really struggled most of the game, he was looking like trubisky, throwing balls nowhere near his receivers. He hasn’t really been playing well the last 2 months, actually, a lot of that you can pin on injuries to his O-line and his receivers and backs being average at best (outside of Edelman and white), but also his accuracy looks significantly worse than usual, even when he does have time to throw and an open receiver. Maybe this is finally the year brady hits a wall and becomes an old, broken down QB?
Yup, we are full in the holiday season. Some people I know who work in shipping are working lots of extra hours to keep up with all the gifts and mail. Not sure what ill get the family for Christmas. The woman might want a big tv, she looks at those big screen ones at sams and Costco all the time. Guess the 42 inch we have now isn’t enough.
How about you? Done any shopping yet?

Latest posts

Latest posts