What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im hoping that goff is just having an off year this season or the rams could be in for some tough times
with gurleys knees and goff having a terrible season, the rams offense looks pretty weak right now
you are right about brady having an off year but the pats seem to have an extra gear they kick things into when it comes ot the playoffs
i like the new crop of young qbs on the rise
watson, mahomes, jackson, allen are have so much potential and it looks like they are redefining the way the qb position is played
i cant believe that christmas is just a few weeks away! the year has gone by so fast and its just going to speed up this month
a big tv sounds like a nice gift for the house and that way you can move the old set into another room
i think this year we are going to go low key and keep the gifts simple for the holidays
the kids are old enough that i dont feel like we need to really get them much for christmas but the mrs has other ideas im sure
i still ahve no idea of what to get the ol'lady but shes really easy to shop for and we are going to sit down tonight and get things sorted out
that sounds like a great thanksgiving feast you had there brother and i bet the leftovers are just as good as the main meal was
ham and bird go great together and you can always make a cordon bleau type dish if you still have anything left
hope you are having a great week baba and are getting set for a great christmas holiday!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think u and I were talking before the season about Goff’s upcoming extension (this was after wentz signed a big deal, and he was taken #2 overall, one spot behind Goff in the same draft) and whether the rams would be better off trading him and developing a cheaper QB free agent or draft pick. Having an extra 20-25M/yr to spend on the rest of your roster can make a big difference, part of the reason the Pats have been a dynasty is that Brady makes much less than he should.

Now the rams are stuck paying goff, gurley and Donald near record-setting deals (Khalil mack beat donald’s deal and zeke beat gurley’s) and still have Jalen ramsey to pay; if they let him go they’ve just traded two 1st round picks for a half season rental of him. Their Off line has gone downhill because they couldn’t afford to reload when people left or retired and gurley and goff have suffered because of it. It’s a problem that mcvay and the GM will have to figure out over the next year or two. Ur right, they have to hope that goff can get back to what he used to be in 2017-18, otherwise they’ll be stuck with a very expensive QB that’s only offering replacement level play.

Ten years ago the league looked down upon mobile QBs because they weren’t as good throwing the ball as pocket passers, now with high school and college QBs playing in the spread and read option their whole lives they’re proficient at running without losing any of the emphasis on passing. Maybe in another 10 years you won’t even see any QBs who can’t move and run well when they have to. Guys like peyton and brady might be relics soon.

Im fine with the TVs we have now, if we really need a big screen we have a projector we bought a few years ago that will throw up a nice big picture on a wall, we used it a lot for movies but nowadays I just play them on the TV. But yknow what they say, happy wife happy life. Yeah, I think as u get older the appeal of Christmas lessens, as a kid you’d be guaranteed toys and games that you wouldn’t normally get during the year, but when you’re older anything you really want you’d just buy, not necessarily wait for Christmas. Like, I want those shoes in August, am I really going to wait till Christmas to buy them? Maybe if it’s pretty expensive you wait and make it a holiday gift.

The turkey was nice and juicy, I brined it and smoked it on the cooker. But I should have made a gravy for it, as it cooled I think it lost some flavor and juiciness, a nice savory gravy or cranberry sauce would have done wonders for its palatability.

picture.php

A cordon bleu as in turkey, cheese and ham? That sounds interesting, ive only had those chicken cordon bleu’s that come in the single serving packages, and theyre usually cheap and not that good (processed chicken that’s been breaded and shaped over a center of a ham slice and mozz cheese).

picture.php

Tonite we have the bears hosting the 'Boys, both of these teams played on thanksgiving so as far as thursday games go they've had a full week off instead of the normal 3-4 days that most teams get.

Not sure what to expect, trubs played his best game of the season vs a bad lions D but Dallas is quite a bit better, even if Vander Esch is out. On the other side Dak couldnt do much against the bills last week but again, that D is probably better than the Bears although the difference is close. I'll say Dallas over Chicago, 24-14. Zeke and the dallas run game put up 150yds and 2tds vs a vulnerable Bears rush defense. Mitch gets a garbage time TD to make the score more respectable at the end.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man,you are bringing your a-game to the table for sure baba'
a turkey off the grill sounds dank and the pics are on point
/look at you go brother, your grill game has definitely jumped to the next level and then some
yeah it was a thought when you menitoned ham and turkey meat, mix those two together with some cheese; how are you doing wiht your left overs?
both the bears and c'boys are all over the place playing hot and cold all season
i would not be suprised to see j.garret go next season and i think the bears might want to look at upgrading at the qb spot
the one thing goign for dem'boys is they are playing in a weak division; if the chi were in the nfc.e they would be competing for a divisional spot
we will see who the real j.goff is but you are right in that the rams are going to be looking at some heavy cap hits and might have to unload some players at rock bottom prices soon
if they can shift goff/ gurley it would free up a lot of $$$, fwiw i think donald is still worth keeping
we will see whare we end up with jalen ramsey; i think he is a top-5 player at his position / he holds all the cards at this point in any negotiations and will def be looking to get paid
its funny how mobile qbs come and go in fashion but i think there will always be a place for a good pocket passer
i guess it all comes down to the talent you have to work
looks like we have some first rate games this weekend, rams play the seahawks sunday night and the 9rs play the saints
one game im going to be keeping an eye on is ravens v. the bills with two hot young qbs on the rise
cant wait for the action to start
so how are you set for the holidays? got any plans
me and the mrs have agreed to keep it simple as far as exchanging gifts go
basically one nice gift and done
of corse we will go out to eat with the fam and stuff like that goes, but otherwise its going to be just about spending time together
its funny you mention a projector man; ive been looking at some that you can pair up with your phone lately and basically stream whatever you want
that would be cool

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, this was my first time smoking a turkey, a buddy whose family is big into grilling said the moistest turkey he ever had was when his dad cooked one in their smoker, so I figured I’d give it a shot. The first few bites were transcendent, but after it cooled and lost some of it’s juiciness it was just good, not great, and really needed a gravy or cranberry sauce to kick it up a notch. The woman even put some jam on it since we didn’t have any cranberries, lol. Ah well, next time I’ll be more prepared.
The cordon bleu idea might be something to look into, ill post pics if it’s something I do. The leftovers, well, after like 3 meals of this food im already tired of it, lol. So looks like the pups will be getting some holiday food in their bowls; it’s either that or let it spoil.

Bears played maybe their best game of the season beating Dallas last night, not sure if dallas is that good of a team though even though theyre leading their division. Ive been hearing today that jerry might hire urban meyer (former ohio state and florida college football coach) once he gets rid of garrett. So that would be interesting. When saban tried his hand at the pro ranks with Miami 11+ years ago he didn’t do great but he wasn’t bad either. It’s hard to evaluate these college coaches that jump to the nfl because theyre usually going to a bad team, or at least one with a bad record (otherwise they wouldn’t have fired their coach) so it’s unfair to say this guy sucks because he didn’t make the playoffs his first year. Saban and Miami also made the terrible mistake of choosing daunte culpepper over drew brees in free agency. Culpepper was the worst QB in the league with Miami, and Breezus became a top 5 QB all time (stats wise at least) with the saints.

Hopefully the rams have some sort of plan to improve their team, their D has been top 5 all year (except a couple games, ravens and hawks, where they gave up big points) but the O has been terrible against good defenses. Maybe all they need to do is shore up that O-line to make everything run like it should.

Ur right, have 3 matchups between playoff teams on Sunday. Early games are ravens at bills and 49ers at saints. This will be the last of 3 games in a row for the niners against teams that were leading their division. They rolled the packers, lost a close one to the ravens, and now face the saints who have already locked up the NFC south. Ravens and bills feature the two QBs drafted last year that everyone thought would be more athletes than passers but theyre proving everyone wrong now. Lamar is 2nd in the league in TD passes with 24 (Wilson has 25) and josh allen is about league average in most passing stats but that’s worlds better than his rookie year, plus he’s the second best runner as a QB behind only Lamar. Then Chiefs at Pats in the afternoon, chiefs D is still mostly subpar and Pats O is also, but KC’s Offense vs Pats Defense should be wild.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the bears handed dallas another loss and trubinski looked like the qb you hoped you were getting when you traded up to get him in the draft
he was mobile and looked like he was making decent reads, i guess we will see how he finishes off the season and if the bears look for another qb in the offseason
dallas is a shitstorm right now and i think a big part of it has to do with jerry jones throwing his coaching staff under the bus, but then not shaking things up mid season
there was even this thing about jerry getting cut off ona dallas morning sports show for curing on the air
/i hear some of his interview and he sounded like a sour old prick
i wouldent be surprised if dallas chokes the rest of the season and the eagles take the division
they play the giants twice, washington and a big game against dallas in a couple weeks
sharing some of your leftovers with your dogs sounds like a great idea man
dogs love the taste of bird and it will help you use up some of the scraps
/of course saving the best pieces for yourself
looks like we have a great weekend of football ahead of us andi hope you are having a great weekend brother

shithawk420

Veteran
Whoo we how's about that that 49ers and saints game! Fuck the bears for getting rid of Gould and probably could have Garrapalo.hes he's from Chicago or Everest park! Bears fucked up.or maybe he didn't want to play for the bears.i don't blame him!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that niners-saints game was wild. It was one of those rare games where each team beat the over/under by themselves. I think the O/U was like 47, and niners had 49 and saints had 48.

Garappolo had a big game, good for him, before the only truly big games he's had this year were vs arizona, who give up big games to every QB. Im not sure the bears were ever in the running for Jimmy G, plus he was traded by the pats to SF for a 2nd rounder, it was never up to him where he wanted to go he wasnt a free agent. But chin up, bears have won 3 straight, and Pop is right, Mitch is looking more like the QB they hoped he'd be instead of the league's worst starter.

Im glad Trubisky is playing better, Pop, but im also afraid that this just means the team will throw a big contract at him and he'll end up sucking for most of the next 3 years. We have more of a history of him being a below average QB (if not downright terrible) than him being a dynamic playmaking starter.

I heard that interview too Pop, and ur right, Jerruh was definitely salty and sensitive about criticism about his team. But to me, and this is just mho, i kind of like the interviews he gives about his team. His responses seem very measured and reasonable, if overly wordy. He's the only owner who regularly gives interviews, so i appreciate that openness, even if it might be better for the team if he stays in the background more.

We'll see if Dallas flops the rest of the season, if they do im sure we'll be seeing a new coach there and maybe theyll have a real chance to win another title. Because it's apparent by now that they werent going to win anything under Garrett.

Weather wasnt too bad this past weekend, somewhat warm for the season so that was a plus although it's rainy today. We've already had 2-3 snows and some pretty cold weather before December so im hoping the rest of winter will be mild, although maybe that's just the buildup to a real bad winter...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we have had rain for the past couple weekends here
while its been coming down hard, this must be from the south because it isnt that cold
/the last storm we had came from from the N. and it was was damn cold
i like the way jerry is very involved with his team beyond the carfully combed press release
ol'jerrah is def hands on and sometimes he says crazy stuff
/you can tell he really loves his football
// it looks like philly might just be handing the division to dallas witha big choke to the giants (whove lost 8-strait)so we will see how that turns out
goff had the game we were waiting to see against the hawks' on sunday night and i kept thinking, "where was this all season?"
i think the bears have a lot more options at qb than the rams* but we are both hoping this isnt a flash in the pan
*we are stuck with goff while the bears can choose not resign trubinski
/sad trombone
how about the 9rs?!?
as much as i enjoyed the rams win against the seahawks the 9rs played the best game of thte day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah crap, S-hawk, that sucks if your roof is still open in December! Hope it's at least covered with a tarp or plastic or something, to keep the rain out and the heat in... Ill send some good thoughts ur way buddy, hope things get figured out soon.

The Iggles came back to beat the giants in OT last night, Pop, so theyre still only 1 game back of the cowboys. I think they lost to the cowboys earlier but they still have one more head to head matchup left. People are saying that unless garrett advances to at least the conf championship game he's gone after the season.

Goff did play decently well against seattle, Pop, i think the rams were going 2 TE's more than 3 WRs that game, Gurley had a good game too, so maybe the offense has found a working formula. But that D was the main reason they won, except for that pick-six by goff the hawks only scored 2 FG's. Donald and the D-line kept wilson in check, sacking him 5x and preventing his trademark scrambles and throwing on the run.
Fwiw, i think the rams will get a wild card playoff berth, and who knows, with that D, if they can hold teams to 17pts or less they have a shot at making it back to the superbowl again. They play the niners again in 2 weeks so that will be another big test, but beating a 10win team like seattle was impressive.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you are having a great week baba'
so where are you at with your holiday plans?
we have taken care of most of the gifts for the family so now its just shoping for me and mrsChicky
it feels great to be pretty much done with the holiday shopping and now i can really enjoy the season
that was a great game and you are totally right about the D' putting the team on its back
we also saw them rolling goff out of the pocket on a lot of plays and that little bit of mobility helped him make some plays
we will see how we finish up the season and a lot depends on how minni finishes up

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I'm not sure how to make money like that maybe we could have a separate thread for that? I think it's been mentioned once or twice.

I haven't seen that and am not sure gambling threads are welcome but some things are very simple. There are the crazy lines I mentioned, like the LSU line was -7 over Georgia. WHAT??? Georgia can't score, so that was a run don't walk to the window thing. LSU covered by 20. Sometimes that bites you in the ass and ULL announces the day before their game that their star QB, WR, and LB are suspended tomorrow for violation of athletic department rules. Vegas knew that days in advance, somehow.

I was doing some math tonight and noticed through NFL week 14, away underdogs are covering the spread 57% of the time. Away teams with closing lines at +3.5-9.5 points hit 62% of the time. This was true last week as well - 3-2 (60%) in that range, and 4-3 (57%) for all road dogs getting more than 3 points. There are 7 games that fit this description this week, but there's no way I'm putting money on Jacksonville. 62% for a limited number of games doesn't sound that great, but someone putting down $500 a game would be +5600 for the year to date.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive been straight so far, Pops, thanks for asking. Hope youre doing well also. Sounds like you’ve got all the gift buying figured out and ready to go. Getting extra days off work over the holidays is always a good thing too.
Don’t really have much planned for the holidays, actually. I don’t want to make another turkey and ham again, one because it’ll be too cold to use the cooker (probably, unless it’s like 40F in late Dec) two because im tired of holiday food already. Although we did get a pumpkin pie from the store recently that ive been enjoying the heck out of. Makes me wonder if I should try making my own pie; we’ve been eating a lot of baked sweet potatoes lately, I think making a sweet potato pie might not be that much more work. Years ago I tried making my own pies from scratch, even made my own pie crusts with butter/flour/water, didn’t really make anything I liked better than store bought pies but they weren’t bad either.
The rams were rolling goff out on some passing plays? Huh, I always figured he didn’t throw so well on the run, but as long as he gets his feet set, if rolling him out buys him some time to scan the field and for the receiver to get open I could see how that just helps him. Really, the reason he’s played bad this year was mostly because he wasn’t getting the time to set his feet and throw. Even brady struggles when he cant step into his throws properly.
At this point im pretty sure it’ll be the Vikings and the rams in the wild card spots. The bears are 1 game behind at 7-6 but they finish up with packers, chiefs and Vikings, a 10win team and two 9win teams. Rams finish up with cowboys, niners and ‘zona, a 6win, 11win and 3win teams. Even if the bears go 3-0 (doubtful) and rams go 2-1, they finish with the same record but rams place ahead because they beat the bears back in November.

Do you ever bet the O/U’s or just the money lines, Joe? That’s interesting about the away dogs covering most of the time this season, I suppose if you take away the jaguars game (I agree, stay away from them covering, they’ve lost their last 3 by 20-30pts each) you can bump that number up to 65% or so, winning 2/3 bets is pretty darn good if that’s what they end up being.

It is possible to be a professional sports gambler but it’s hard, ur right, if you gain an advantage it’s literally like 55-60% or something close like that, some weeks you’ll lose but over the long haul youll make money. I think the one recent jeopardy champion who made the most winnings in jeopardy history was a professional sports gambler in vegas, I think he mostly bet baseball.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
one more day to go baba and then its the weekend! hope you had a great week and are ready for the last full week before christmas
i just finished up my christmas shopping today and its a great feeling knowing i can just cruise the next couple weeks into christmas
/i ended up getting the mrs a nice bottle of perfume and a scarf today so we should be good to go
i think this year we might get a roast beef or prime rib for christmas, like you said, im over the turkey
the mrs likes to get a holiday ham too, more for the bones to make bean soup but a nice roast is where im at
sweet potatoes sounds like a great holiday food, i like them with the marshmellos
not sure what kind of pies we will have but my mom and the mrs love pumpkin pies
/plus you can pick on up at costco the size of a tire for next to nothing
we had our holiday pot luck today and one thing i really liked was this cheesy corn and jalpeno dish, kinf o like acreamed corn with hot peppers and topped with cheese
it was kind of spicy for me but i couldent resist the stuff, i would eat some untill my nose wattered then back off for a few only to be back at it like 15m later
lets not forget about seattle; they are having a great season and if it wasnt for the 9ers being so hot, would be on top of the nfc west
rams play dallas this weekend and i think that could be a W, but then face the red hot sf-49ers the following week
if we can win that one we may have a shot, but it will still take some help from the vikings
minni plays the chargers this week , gb packers, and then the bears
i can see them finishing around 11-5 which means the rams could take that last spot iof they can win out the year, but most likely we will need some help
/heres to trubinski staying hot the rst of the season
we will see how they finish out the season and more importantly how goff plays the rest of the year
hope you have a great friday and are all set of a great weekend brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
A nice rib roast sounds ideal; I think years ago I once made one for the holidays. I think it turned out fine, but back then I didn’t have the cooker so I probably just oven baked it. You could also do a pork rib roast, wouldn’t be red meat but it would be a whole lot cheaper and pretty tasty as well. Then again, ur already doing ham, that might be too much pig on the table.
If I was to do beef for Christmas I might try a whole tenderloin in the cooker. I get them for a good price ($8-9/lb) and there’d be less fat than on most rib roasts. That’s the one thing I didn’t care about on prime ribs or rib roasts, there’s areas where the fat is a little too thick for my liking. I know fat equals flavor, but if im eating a forkful of meat I’d like it to not be mostly fat, even if it’s high quality fat.

That cheesy, spicy creamed corn dish sounds familiar, Pop. Is it like elotes, which around here is corn on the cob or in a cup, slathered with mayo, cojita cheese (Mexican version of parmesan), liquid margarine (american brand, comes in a squeeze bottle) and a generous dusting of chili powder and lime juice. The woman was almost hooked on that stuff for a bit, she said at first it tastes kind of gross, like vomit, but after a bit it grows on you. I like it too, never thought it tasted like vomit but it is an unusual blend of flavors. Mayo on corn? Like, ugh, but it manages to work, especially with the other ingredients.

Ur right Pop, I totally forgot that the seahawks and the vikes have the last 2 wild card spots, with the rams just behind (with 8 wins, one game behind the 9win vikes, two games behind the 10win hawks). So yeah, the rams will need some help to snag that last playoff spot. These last few weeks will go down to the wire for the last playoff spots, should be a nail-biter.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the corn dish was almost like a creamed corn salad thing i guess, it had corn and peppers in a light sauce and was topped with cheese then baked
ive had that mexican corn you mentioned with the mayo and mexican cheese on it before and i liked it
you are right about the mayo being kind of odd at first but it tasted good
i know what you mean about how some cuts like rib eye can be really fatty
i will trim my roasts down a bit but it sucks when you are paying the same price per pound for the meat and fat so i try not to trim it too close
that is a great idea tho about making a beef roast or maybe some pork loin
the ham is kind of a different flavor profile than the loin so it might not be too much pig
we still have some time to think about this before the holidays so we will see waht we come up with
hope you weekend is off to a great start and you are enjoying your holiday season my man

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, one time the woman and I were at a restaurant, the prime rib was on special so she ordered 1.5 lbs of it, and a good 20-25% of it was a thick vein of fat running through the meat that you couldn’t really eat. Same thing with the briskets I cooked earlier this year, even the prime ones had such thick layers of fat, even after cooking the top third was fat. Cant be giving people slices of brisket where it’s almost half fat, have to slice that fat cap down to a manageable level.

Ur right, ham is very different tasting than a pork loin or chop, so maybe that’s a viable alternative to a beef roast.
I might try to do an Italian beef thing in a crockpot, put a ribeye roast and some giardiniera in a crockpot, then shred it up when it’s nice and soft and put on some French bread. Not exactly steak, but juicy beef sandwiches aren’t bad at all.

Lamar Jackson cemented his mvp case on thurs night with 5 more td’s, I think he’s got 40 (inc rushing) on the year? And adam gase is proving that he’s not that great of a coach. Tannehill is doing great with the titans, Devante parker became a top 10 receiver after gase left the dolphins, even guys like Kenyan drake became better after they left the team. I thought darnold had a lot of promise this year but outside of a few games he hasn’t looked all that good. Gase had that one great year with manning in Denver, had a decent year with cutler on the bears (although that might have been due more to trestman) so good for him he was able to milk 2 head coaching jobs off of those situations, but this dude really needs to not be given any more chances.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Do you ever bet the O/U’s or just the money lines, Joe? That’s interesting about the away dogs covering most of the time this season, I suppose if you take away the jaguars game (I agree, stay away from them covering, they’ve lost their last 3 by 20-30pts each) you can bump that number up to 65% or so, winning 2/3 bets is pretty darn good if that’s what they end up being.

It is possible to be a professional sports gambler but it’s hard, ur right, if you gain an advantage it’s literally like 55-60% or something close like that, some weeks you’ll lose but over the long haul youll make money. I think the one recent jeopardy champion who made the most winnings in jeopardy history was a professional sports gambler in vegas, I think he mostly bet baseball.

And Jacksonville wins! I like to just avoid games where you don't know if a good QB will show up. But you know, betting is all about value and risk management. My last OU play was the big 10 championship and I covered the under by 2 I think but it's not really for me. Some people are good at it I see handicapper records at places like vegasinsider but the highest percentage people don't make many picks. Vegas is really good at it I don't know how. Yes the sharps they bet big and hit maybe 57% and that's enough.

The only time I do money line is on parlay, my parlays are only ML and are usually 2-4 teams, just enough to give the same payout or maybe a little more as a OU or ATS. I only pick favorites with good QB's for these. There is a strong bias against parlays by pros, I see it every week in columns at VI or actionnetwork where they talk about what the sharps are betting vs the dumbass public and their retarded parlays. But my parlays tend to pay and I make a lot of the same picks as a guy making a name and a lot of money for himself this year as Parlay Patz. Until today with SF. I knew they'd take their foot off the gas, but still. Maybe meaningless games are best avoided too. I bet on the Illinois last game to beat Northwestern and after IL lost Lovie was all smiles and like hey, we're going bowling.

Not all those games with visiting dogs worked out but I don't think it's regression towards the mean, I think there's a real tendency towards value in that area. Chicago and Denver, and especially the Rams, had no value in their spread, although GB and KC may also be overvalued. That's how the Redskins are 5-2 ATS their last 7, value. That's why although I had SF to win, I had Atlanta to cover, and the Colts tomorrow at the superdome - they better man up.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I was thinking of what we were talking about when I saw the jags pulled out a last minute win. But I guess both Oakland and Jax have been trending down the last few games, so not entirely surprising that the min-stache was able to pull out a victory, even without dj chark. Still, it was one of those bad gambler beats, where a team pulls out a last second, improbable victory, costing you your bet.

Ah parlays, where an ambitious gambler can turn $100 into $10,000. Well, not really, but I can see the appeal of 2-4 bet parlays when you’re pretty sure of the outcome. Parlay patz, huh? Saw an article about him making 618k off of 4 parlays this nfl season. That’s wild! But that’s not net income, he’s got to lose some bets as well. I wonder how much he’s up this year overall.

Im in Chicago and I was thinking that IL-NU game was a bit of a trap. True, Northwestern hadn’t won a conf game all season, but they’ve won 4 straight vs IL, and IL’s only other good win besides WI was a come from behind victory against Michigan state, who finished 6-6. Also, IL’s QB missed the NU game because of a concussion. So im not sure they were just happy to be guaranteed a non-winning record going into the NU game, but I wasn’t entirely surprised they ended up losing either. Cause u know, theyre still kind of a sucky team, especially without their starting QB.

So you’ve got the colts covering the spread against the saints tonite (favored by 9 over indy)? Good luck, bro, hope it works out for u. Are you up overall this season? Don’t give a number, maybe just a percentage, i.e. Im up 50% on the season, etc. Or maybe you already said it and i missed it, lol...

So apparently the Patriots have been caught illegally videotaping opponents again. Last week a pats film crew was caught videotaping the bengals sideline. They were supposedly there for a docu-series on the job duties of an NFL advance scout, and the videographer said he wanted to get some ‘field perspective’, but bengals security saw he wasn’t filming the field, he was filming the sideline to record the coaches hand signals to players on the field.
https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/1206265478596816896

Where’s ShitHawk to scream that New England are cheaters and that’s why they’ve won so much? But seriously, what’s up with the patriots? I don’t think all their success is due to breaking/bending the rules, but it’s getting harder to deny it’s played a part. Supposedly the reason their deflate gate penalties were so harsh was because owners weren’t happy with the spygate penalties from 07-08, they thought they should have been harsher since the patriots were intentionally deceptive – the film crews back then were told to lie about who they worked for and what they were filming if someone questioned them. Also, all the evidence from spygate was destroyed and the other owners didn’t like that, since the pats owner, Robert kraft, sits on the compensation committee and he, along with 2 other owners, determines how much goodell gets paid.
Is spygate 2 (Bengalzhi-gate) going to result in another lost 1st rd draft pick and 1M fine for belichick? I guess we’ll find out but definitely not a good look for the pats.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so what do you think the league should do now that the patriots have been caught cheating again
/and again,and again...
its getting to be a joke how they are constantly being caught bending all rules but dont seem to care
it seems some years there is just that guy who plays like his hair is on fire and this year its been lamar; l'freaky * has been playing lights out football all season and is only getting better with age
he totally has that team on his back
l.jax broke vicks record and looks almost unstoppable right now putting up points with his legs and through the air
/ a big step fore ward from last year when the chargers shut him down witha quarter D'
so you mention italian beef sandwiches recently and this stuff called giardiniera
so i did some digging and it sounds like giardiniera is what sets those sandwiches apart from the rest
we might have to try your recipe this holiday season, good beef cooked slow with some seasonings...
/is there anythign else you like to add?
thats one hot teak re:gase!!1
you are so right about tannehill put the titans back on the map when he touched down in teen-a- key while the jets have darnold seeing ghosts
/i tihnk we arew going to see a few coaches and qb on the move this off season
so about the raiders game, where do you stand on my dark horse bet from earlier in the season; i know we will have to wait until the final game is played but things arent looking so bad after last weekends game?!?
hope you are having a great week brother, can you believe that this time enxt week is going to be christmas eve?

*did you see the interview after the last game?