What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Im not sure how anyone makes any $ gambling, now i remember why i stopped years ago lol.

VI don't usually exactly list what viewers are told are the sharp vs public leans, but this week there was a list and the sharps went 6-2 (IND, DEN), pending tonight. All dogs except for the Tits, but I'm not sure anyone picking favorites is called sharp. It's overrated vs underrated, probability, and I suspect psychology - of both the teams and lines.

I wouldn't have put money against Dallas early if I'd known it would be a first start situation. Miami and Tua and his brother came to play. Andy Reid thought this would be a good time to show his brilliance (for rarely-working gadgetry) instead of solid fundamentals.

It was worrisome when ATL went up early.

I also hurt my back yesterday (by sneezing) and it may take a month to recover. Looked out my window a couple hours ago to find a guy clocking my meter. Not a cop. I'm yelling at him from 10 feet away but he wouldn't move an inch until he got the meter reading.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, but most people thought Pitt would cover. They were the last undefeated team, had a great pass rush against a pretty terrible o-line, and dallas was starting garrett gilbert, who’s thrown a total of 6 nfl passes since he turned pro 6 (or 8?) years ago. Gilbert was good with the AAF (Orlando apollos) 2 years ago but he’s basically considered practice squad/4th stringer material. Dallas balled out yesterday, their D kept pitt’s weapons in check in the 1st half and gilbert wasnt terrible. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tua balled out vs kyler, he showed some mobility too. Im not sure how long he’ll last before he gets hurt but hes definitely got a bright future if he stays healthy. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think ive pulled something with a particularly violent sneeze before. Getting old sucks. Sorry to hear about your ticket, but I guess most ticket people are like, when I start writing im going till im finished. Bastards, all of ‘em! [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
another wild weekend of football! and this is where it counts
pit still looks good and it looks like the bills might be ready to leap to the next level with some solid play from j.allen
miami follows up with another big win against the nfc.w and tua looks like another young name to add to the list of hot young gun slingers
i still think burrow is tops rookie qb but herbert is making a serious case for a roty run
the chargers are a mess and i am having doubts about anthony lynn being the answer to their coaching problems, but the team looks great on paper
i was suprised at how the bucs looked against the saints, i havent seen brady play that flat in years but it was a team effort with everyone sucking at all levels

that beef looks great baba and i bet the sandwiches were awesome
bulgogi beef cheek sandwich sounds so good and i would add some green onions and maybe pickled veggies to the mix
so how did you like the beef cheek? is it soemthing you would get again?
we all need a break from whatever we do and exercise is a great get away
that sounds like the way to go storm, renting your own indoor court
its a lot nicer to play inside, plus you can kind of shoo away the uninvited
i hear you on how some smoke is the gas and has a string fuel taste
i would say its one of the top three flavors next to skunk and the fruit flavors and is usually a very nice strong smoke

hope you are getting better gojoe; i know the misery of back problems
plus it seems like an injury to the mid section hurts no matter what you do
rest and heat help, plus some nice smoke to relax the muscles
this would be a great time to try eatables

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Because of his cheapness (F* spanos) im thinking the bolts may keep lynn for another year. His contract runs through 2021, and if he’s able to go 4-4 over the rest of the season I think he keeps his job. Herbert did have 2 end zone shots to win on Sunday, both times the receiver dropped the ball but they were right there. Herbert is on pace for something like 35tds which would shatter the rookie record, burrow is on pace for less than 25, so I think OROTY is herbert’s to lose. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The beef cheek was weird, I thought it might be like beef tongue which I heard is good in tacos, ive seen it offered but could never screw up the courage to order it. Interestingly enough ive seen tongue offered at sams too, just one look at that long pale vaguely cone-shaped thing with the visible taste buds makes me shudder. But the beef cheek is all cut up, and it was good ‘cept half seemed to be tough gristle and half was tender, flavorful meat. But the slow cooker made even the gristle a lot softer, there were still some tough cartilage like pieces that I could pick out. Not sure I’d get it again, probably just stick with the top sirloin which is all tough red meat, very little fat, but is good if slow cooked or thin sliced (for Italian beef). [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
topsurloin isnt a bad cut and you are right about how its all in how you cook it
my friends brother likes things like ox tail, beef cheek, pigs head (he knows a mexican place where he will buy a while pigs head)
if done right they arent bad and the pig head has meat all over it, just little pieces
im not a fan of the soft cooked cartilage but its a popular thing with some people
i remember eating beef tongue as a kid, its super soft meat and can taste really nice
rolled up a bunch of rolled tacos with some meat i grilled over the weekend
i made some rib eye and had a left over cut so i minced it up and rolled it into tacos
it was nice and made some great rolled tacos, but maybe not the ebst way to use that cut of beef
i agree that herbert probally has the inside track on the roty award
he has all the traits you look for in todays dynamic qb and plays way ahead of his years for a rookie
/he has several 300+ yd games and has a good td/int ratio (17/5)
the chargers just find ways to lose and it wasnt just bad passes that cost them the win last week
/there was some poor clock management in the final 2min that i put all on lynn
so i was able to score some t-bone steaks the other day and am thinking about grilling them up tonight
we are getting close to thanksgiving, what are your plans baba?
would like to hear what all the rest of you guys are up to as well! what is a typical thanksgiving for you like storm?
how about you hawk, are you going to make turkey at home or do you go out ?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah cartilage almost becomes a gelatin when it’s cooked enough, but im with you, anything semi-transparent doesn’t really count as a meat to me lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive been looking up beef tongue recipes and you boil it for an hour and then peel the skin off, then the meat underneath just looks like regular meat and you can chop it up and saute it or whatever. So maybe ill give lengua a try although it's not really a cheap meat (around $5lb?). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So these rolled tacos you make are taquitos that you deep fry? And the filling doesn’t leak out? Have you ever tried making a chimichanga (deep fried burrito)?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burrow still has a shot at ROTY, at one point he was leading the league in pass yards. Still about half a season to see how it all shakes out, and who knows, if those two cool off and tua goes on some incredible hot streak he could win it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I used to love traditional thanksgiving meals but after decades of it im kind of over it. I might do some real low effort cooking, get some ready to heat turkey breast and sides at the grocery, just pop them in the oven and viola thanksgiving dinner in an hour, without having to cook all day. Plus I wont have 3 weeks of turkey leftovers to try to choke down before doing it all again for Christmas. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
my mom was talking about getting a honey baked ham
we used to get those when i was young and they are super good; a bit on the spendy side but still grinding
yeah these are rolled tacos, i just used quality meat
in some ways it was a waste and enst time i tihnk i will save the rib eye for carne asada type tacos
but they were super good and you cant go wrong with rolled meat in fried tortillas
chimichangas arent that hard to make and when i was a kid i used to pan fry my pre made burritos, then top them with red sauce and cheese
i think burrow is still a strong roty contender but herbert is just playing some good football right now
colts titans should be a pretty good game tomorrow and we will see which old man rivers shows up to play

Go Steelers 8-0 let's get to 9
Potential coach of the year : Tomlin
Potential comeback player of the year : Big Ben
Potential offensive rookie ofthe yr :Chase Claypool
Potential Defensive player of the yr : TJ Watt.

Stairway to 7 baby

shithawk420

Veteran
I would maybe try beef cheek but heads and tongues,I don't know.i saw a guy on YouTube that goes all around the world ordering street food and he would get eyeball tocos and all kinds of stuff.not really my thing.

My uncle doesn't eat beef or pork so we might do duck for thanksgiving.he does eat lamb and I bought some lamb chops and these nice looking lamb leg steaks from Walmart of all places so looks like it's duck and lamb lol not very traditional I know.if there's any spiral ham left at the store I thought about getting that too. I really don't feel like cooking a turkey either baba.im not gonna do it! Too much work.lol

Don't really know who's playing Sunday but I'm sure I'll chime in!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]We have honey baked ham stores around here too, it is expensive like u said we paid $100 for a ham meal years ago but it was great, very good home made quality. If anything they might be more expensive now, at those prices I might actually prefer cooking at home lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, sounds like ground beef or chicken or pork butt would be best in rolled tacos. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One thing burrow has going for him is that he’s winning some games, beat the titans 2 weeks ago, are 2-5-1 (tie with the eagles). Seems like the chargers haven’t won a game in forever. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im looking forward to tonite’s game as well, colts D vs titans O seems like a good matchup, and like u said Rivers tends to play better against bad defenses. TN’s D isnt great this year so he might do something. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Steelers have been impressive, Pollen, and they might win all those awards you listed. Too bad they don’t play the chiefs this season (well, until playoffs) but they still have games against the ravens, bills and colts, if they beat those teams they’re looking at 16-0.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah eyeball doesn’t sound that appetizing, Hawk, it doesn’t have any muscle so wouldn’t it just be like skin or fat? I think the less appetizing parts of the animal you could get for real cheap (head, tongue, etc) that’s why people would eat them, now theyre kind of specialized and sometimes are expensive now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Duck and leg of lamb sounds fancy for thanksgiving but if done right could be very good. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This weekend we have cards-bills and rams-seahawks on Sunday afternoon, those are the only matchups of playoff teams. Sunday night is ravens-patriots, and Monday night is bears-vikings. Bears and vikes are going in opposite directions (3 straight losses for Chicago, 2 straight wins for Minnesota) so it might actually be a close, entertaining game even if neither team is that good. [/FONT]

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Vikings are favored by 2.5pts even though it's at soldier field, so people expect them to win. I actually think bears might win this one, their D is tough to run on so i dont think dalvin walks all over them and kirk is turning the ball over enough that the bears could take advantage. Plus the vike's D isnt that good, bears could actually move the ball on them. Sometimes, at least...

Colts doubled up the titans last night, winning by 17 (line was colts -1). After giving up a TD on the opening drive, colts D clamped down hard. Derrick henry got his yards but they kept him out of the end zone. Is nyheim hines the best RB on the colts?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
lamb sounds really good hawk
its not my favorite meat but the mrs likes it
we usually get a chineese roasted duck during christmas time
they arent that expensive when you get them at the asian markets and the kids like them
/again, not my favorite meat
the beef cheek isnt bad and the meat in the head is super soft
im definitely not eating an eye ball
ive had them before and it was gross
like baba said, no meat, just this weird firmness and thena bunch of liquid that tasted weird
its funny because my mom and her sisters will order a whole fish and then there is this big rush to eat the eyes; nasty!
/ they can have it man
hope you have a great thanksgiving and are looking ahead to better times brother!
/i know youve been in the shit this year and lets hope things get better from here

yeah baba, the honey baked ham tastes awesome and is a ready made feast for sure, plus the sides are really good!
we usually make our rolled tacos out of pork butt, chciken or a cheaper cut of beef like you said
i just had a steak that i wanted to use up and rolled tacos sounded good
we are going out for mediteranian food this weekend
im craving the gyro meat, or kebabs and falafel with tons of garlic sauce
we are having a friend of mine over for dinner tomorrow nit , keeping it easy breezy and are just going to make fore house chili with cheddar biscuits
i asked him if he wanted to join us for the persian food but he couldent make it

the colts looks good last night against the titans, especially with some help from their special teams
old man rivers still can put the ball where he wants but i wonder how he will do against top ranked defenses with ebtter coverage schemes and a meaner pass rush
this weekend we have some great games!
cant wait for the rams seahawks kick off and im looking forward to herbert and tua as well
bears v vikings will be a fun monday night game
im with you babs and think that the bears defense will be able to pull a W out of this one
cant wait for the fun to begin

shithawk420

Veteran
Honestly I just can't bring myself to say that the bears will win any game period! Lol I'm used to being disappointed.i actually think the bears could win though.

The colts actually surprised me last night.they played ok.i thought the Titans would win

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to eat brains or eyeballs.
I always wanted to try a kebab.hows the persian food pops? Sounds interesting.im looking forward to the Seahawks and Rams too.should be a good game.

And thanks for the kind words pops.still pretty rough here.my furnace died so I might have to stay with my dad.i really don't want to.wish I had your beautiful californie weather!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i know how you feel hawk and im looking at the rams schedule thinking the same thing; which of these games can they win?
luckily I'm used to being disappointed too but i still have some hope for the rams making the post season
i think the bears have a good shot too, especially with the new seeding (possible extra playoff spots), but it dosent mean anything if they go one and done
i was surprised by the colts too and rivers played a pretty decent game, not a lot of bad throws and he seemed to be finding the open receiver on most plays
/that kid pittman is looking good
we are heading out to the persian food this afternoon for lunch! and i cant wait
https://northparkproducepoway.com/
the food is off the hook here and i could try everything on that menu at least twice! and still come back for more
if you havent had good persian food you need to try it if you get a chance
that sucks about your furnace, so you dont have heat at the pad and you have no hot water too?
that would suck, especially now that things are getting a lot colder
even here in socal, we are having temps in the 40-50s at night and its just going to keep getting worse
at least you get used to it eventually, so it dosent feel so bad but the first cold snap of the year hits you hard
if you need to relocate for a minute then you do what you have to do to stay warm; hang in there brother and take care of yourself my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Ive had a fish eye before, it’s small enough where even though it’s nasty it’s not that bad. Cow eyes are huge though so that’s a whole lot of nasty that you have to chew and swallow lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Damn hawk furnace trouble when it’s almost winter is the worst. Hope it’s not too big of a deal. Had my inducer motor replaced last winter, didn’t look too involved so I could probably do it myself. Also had to replace my mom’s thermostat recently could it be a simple fix like that?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Colts got 2 scores off def/special teams so yeah, rivers didn’t have to do too much. He looks good on short throws, anything over 10yds his lack of arm strength starts to show. But theyre first place in the afc south so that’s something. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bears are the same story every year, we field half a team. Great defense, terrible offense. The couple years we had a good offense we had a terrible defense (2013-2015?). Although nagy has given up play calling duties to the Off Coor, Bill Lazor, so maybe we’ll see some improvement tomorrow. Hey, we might even get a rushing TD, wouldn’t that be nice? [/FONT]

After struggling to pull off a V in their 3rd straight away game last week in Dallas the pundits say their not that good cause they're not blowing teams out.1 parrot squaks it the rest repeat it.(they gotta be democrats.That's what they do)
So they come out today and dominate the Bungles the parrot's squak they're not that good cause it was The Bengals.
I've concluded the pundit's (D) are morons while your Pittsburgh Steelers are 9- 0.

picture.php

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening boys,man what a great weekend of football
playoffs are just around the corner and its going to be on now!
rams are able to hold off seatle in the end and looked a lot better on offense but im still wondering which direction the season will go?
k.murray is really turning out to be something special with a big win over the bills in the last minute and i will be the first to admit my first take on him was way wrong
i think the rain had a lot to do with the patriots win over the ravens last night and it made me cold just watching the game on tv
/had to throw on a hoodie at the half
the persian food was awesome and im thinking of getting a big tray for one of these football weekends coming up
i was checking out their catering menu and it dident look that bad
another place we like to go to has family meals that are pretty decent for the money even if you are just feeding two people
those are the weekends where we get take out on sunday afternoon and dont have to worry about cooking for the rest of the day just enjoy the good food and watch football
we also made some new candies and they are great
the mrs friend asked us to make them softer so we pulled them off the fire at a lower temp
they are really good but kind of sticky, i rolled some of them in coarse salt and those ones are the best

glad to see you posting up subrob! have been waiting to hear the latest on the raider nation
i think they are one of the most underrated teams in the nfl right now, but this has beena crazy season