What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think the same thing about the giants stepping up their running game by making saquon their first pick
i just think cle could turn things sideways by taking him at#1, as well as upgrading their O'
the qbs will be there at #4 with so many options available (and dident rosen say he dident want to play in cle? so there is one guy thats not even on their radar)
im a big fan of hash baba'
i usually make bubble hash myself, but recently got some stuff called rosen from a friend who is a really good grower and connoisseur
i dont have the fancy rig so im just primo'ing the stuff on top of a small bowl of weed
do you slike smoking hash baba?
eta: the draft just kicked off and the browns took mayfield at#1

iTarzan

Mayfield goes #1. Giants took Barkley. Jets got Darold. The experts were wrong on the QB run at the top. Broncos get Chubb to pair with Miller. Colts get Nelson. Didn't the Bears get Cody Whitehair. I wanted the Colts to get him so I thinner now.

Two Notre Dame OL in top 10 pics and two brothers from the same college go in the 1st round. Pretty cool.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I used to love smoking BHO, had some oil rigs and smoked them through a bong, got WAAAYYY high but also built up my tolerance more than i liked. Still, fun times, until my woman put the smack down on me and now I have to hide my cannabis use so I do edibles now, and also only at night before bed. Ah well, what can you do?
Never really heard of rosin, is it like a yellow wax type hash, made by stirring BHO while heating it?

Cleveland got their QB and a cornerback with their 1st rd picks. Saquon was gone by #4 so they took Ward from Ohio state, if he's as good as lattimore (won Def rookie of the year with the saints last year) it'll be a good pick. Mayfield at #1 overall was a bit of a surprise, but the only knock on him was his size and some character issues. Everything else, his passing metrics, etc, pointed to him being just as good or better than rosen or darnold. If these two picks dont work out then the browns will once again be terrible, so, no pressure...

Bears got roquan smith from georgia. Some think he was the best defensive player in the draft. I dont recall him too much from the national championship game against alabama, but supposedly he can really run. We havent had a good, fast linebacker since urlacher, so if he can make plays all over the field that's a good thing.

The chargers got maybe the best value of the 1st round in safety derwin james at #17 (most thought he would go in the top ten). They might have the best secondary in the league along with jacksonville now. Too bad no chargers fans will show up to their tiny stadium to watch them win 12 games this year.

Colts beat the bears to quenton nelson, which i didnt like, but the bears got a good linebacker, which i did like. Colts have 3 picks in the 2nd round (2 from the jets trade) so they should rule day 2 in the draft. Maybe theyll get derrius guice, the LSU RB, or josh jackson, the iowa CB, or even use a pick on mason rudolph, the QB from OK state, as a future replacement for Luck.

That was a pretty informative video, tarzan. I guess the real secret is not throwing a weighted ball, but actually holding onto the ball while going through the throwing motion. They got the idea from tennis; tennis players get a lot of elbow injuries but rarely shoulder injuries, and concluded that it's because they hold onto the racket during their serve motion, whereas in baseball or football you're letting go of the ball during your motion. Holding onto the ball works the back of your shoulder muscles, making them stronger.
I just thought luck, because he played through the rotater cuff injury for a whole season before getting surgery, really made it much worse than what happened to drew brees, who had a similar injury with the chargers but it happened at the end of the season and he came back 100% after surgery.
But i guess we wont really see him throw a football till training camp in august, so until then youll have people speculating on luck's shoulder, whats the deal, is it right, is it painful when he throws, etc.
Even if he comes back all the way, i dont think he'll be able to take the pounding he took his first few years in the league. Along with better blocking, he'll need to get rid of the ball quicker, protect himself more even if it means throwing the ball away more.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like responsible use,baba'
what else can you do when the wife frowns on weed like that
im lucky and the mrs likes to smoke
her thing is the edibles so im sure to keep her in the trim/ larf to make her treats
they are really good, but you have to watch out; these things pack a punch
/i am an all day smoker, but for some reasons one bite of weed and im ready for a nap
the rosen is dank
the guy makes it by first making hash, i think its dry sift, then pressing that in a heated press to extract the juice
the stuff is super strong and hold a flame like gasoline
i know what you mean about building your tolerance and it never hurts to take a break every now and then
while i wish the browns all the luck next season, i think their picks were the most brown picks of all
i guess we will see how mayfield develops but im especially surprised that they passed on chubb at #4
/broncos got the gift of the draft by picking him up at #5 and if this kid is half the player he was built up to be, the donks just took a big step up in the west
i also agree that the chargers will see double digit wins this season, as long as rivers stays healthy
the D' is set to explode and as long as they can avoid the stupid mistakes they should end next season with a pretty good record
unfortunately, the chargers are known for making stupid mistakes and the spanos family can eat a fat D'ck!, so f'them
the big show on the west coast next year will hopefully be the rams
the team has a lot on both sides of the ball and the nfc west is wide open this year
hope you have a great weekend my man,be sure to have an extra bite or two when you can

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, fwiw i think i was going too far into the drugs, was holding me back from daily life, so limiting my usage, especially during the day, isnt a bad thing. For me at least.
The edibles for sure hit you more in the body, great for sleep and maybe pain mgmt, and it's also a plus that you can make them with the throwaway trim/buds, leaving the good buds for smoke or hash making.
The hash resin sounds delish, i saw a video once of kief being pressed through a pasta maker type press, it came out in these lovely dark brown ropes of pure THC stickiness. The flavor must be out of this world.

Yeah, it was surprising the browns would pass on chubb. Chubb and barkley were the consensus top two non-QBs in this draft. Chubb supposedly isnt as good a prospect as myles garrett was last year, but he would have looked good lining up across from garrett this year. Now he gets to line up across from miller, and they might lead the league in sacks if bosa/ingram don't.
Chargers would have made the playoffs last year if they didnt find ways to lose close games early in the year (they started 1-3 because of missed kicks and late turnovers, i think). So despite all their talent, injuries and close losses have kept them from fulfilling their potential. Karma's a bitch.

Seahawks might be the worst team in the NFC west next year, if josh rosen or sam bradford can team up with david johnson and make arizona good again. Niners have garappolo, who still hasnt lost a game he's started and finished, and rams are loading up on trades to go all-in on a championship run. Should be a bloodbath in the division this year.

Bears picked up a lineman (Iowa center/guard james daniel) in the 2nd round last night, and traded for another 2nd rd pick (from the patriots, bears gave up a 2nd next year and a 4th this year) to draft anthony miller, an undersized but productive receiver out of memphis. Never heard of either player before the draft, but i dont watch much college football. Theyre supposedly pretty good players though, so we'll see in about 4 months if that's true...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you about having to keep yourself in check every now and then when it comes to drugs
especially when you grow your own, you have a virtually unlimited access to smoke
when its messing up your day to day life its time to step back
im pretty lazy when it comes to trimming so a lot goes into the hash pile
/also, the mrs loves her food treats, so we make a lot of butter/oil (coconut oil)
ive never made dabs myself but make ice hash
the hash rosen tastes great and gets you crazy high, for sure
if you can score some check it out (has no idea what the weed situation is like where you are), or make a batch yourself
its fun stuff!
hot taek re: the hawks being the worse of the west, baba'
it isnt that far out there with the moves that the rest of the division have been making, but im not sold on the niners just yet and arizona is still trying to sort out their issues at qb
/they do ahve one of the best backs in the league tho
im looking at the rams to take the west and possibly a top seed in the nfc, but its a long way until the playoffs
i cant wait to see how they look in the preseason
the weather here has turned cold and grey, a perfect day to hit the rosen!
kick ass this week, baba'

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it must be nice to legally grow your own, especially now that Cali is recreational use, not just medicinal. I guess plant counts vary by county? Some counties you can grow 25 huge trees in your backyard per patient, others you're limited to 6 indoor plants? Still plenty for a small family, definitely enough to make all the hash u can smoke.
Ive tried making ice hash but that seemed labor intensive - stirring ice and buds, lifting up heavy bags full of ice, water and buds. I loved the different grades of hash you could get but i didnt have a nice pully system to lift those heavy bags when draining. I mostly made butane honey oil, and had some dabbing tools to take huge hits of BHO. Got so damn high i had to steady myself when going up and down stairs, lol. But like i said, have to keep things on the down low now, so just edibles for me: cookies or soaking decarbed ground up bud in olive oil and taking spoonfuls of that. Still get a very nice bud and no telltale smell...

I guess if the seahawks load up on defense after losing 4-5 starters (avril has a neck injury, sherman is with the niners, bennett got traded to the eagles, chancellor has a neck injury, earl thomas is injury prone and might be traded) then they'll be fine. Russell is a top 5-7 QB, and they might fix their offensive line now that tom cable is finally gone.

I agree the rams look primed to have a big season, i figure they'll win at least 12 games this year. Still a little young and inexperienced at QB and head coach, but tom brady won his first superbowl his 2nd year in the league so theres exceptions.

Cardinals went 8-8 last year with david johnson missing the entire season (he got hurt week 1). If bradford is healthy he's pretty good, if (maybe when) he gets hurt then rosen is supposedly the most pro ready rookie qb. Assuming they dont have any other big injuries or bad coaching i think theyre a good bet for 9-10 wins.

Supposedly the Patriots would have traded up to #2 overall to draft baker mayfield if the browns didnt get him at #1. So maybe this means baker is a legit future superstar? For a guy who had to walk on at texas tech and then oklahoma, that's pretty incredible.

I thought the bears had a pretty good draft. I mean, they all could still end up sucking, but for now it seems the team will be better. Anyone else like what their team did in the draft?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah the cali weed scene is kind of weird
i live in san diego, but the place i live is kind of conservative
even tho i can legally grow, the mrs dosent want ot become known as "those neighbors"
/you know, the kind who are responsible and grow their own...
so i still keep it under wraps and do most of my grows indoors
luckily, i have a friend who dosnet care and lets me grow in his yard
he is also a med patient, so i guess technically im still growing under the medicinal rules ( me and the mrs both have the card as well)
i like the idea of decarbing and soaking in oil! i iwll ahve to try that
/what temp do you decarb at? about how long
the rams are def a young team but thats one of the things i like about them
i can see them running into some cap trouble at some point, so i can understand them wanting to cash in asap
so how is the new qb developing? i think chi is still a work in progress, but who knows
there is always one cinderella team to make it into the playoffs
whats are your thoughts on the bears schedule for the coming year?
im interested in hearing what other fans think as well, draft picks, schedule or just a rant
lets hear what you guys think!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I grind up the buds and put them in a container/dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake the buds at 300-350 for 15-20mins (higher the temp, the less time you bake them).
Important to cover them with foil to keep the smell in (maybe not a concern for u) but also to let the thc 'vapors' reabsorb into the bud once it's done cooling - so dont open it up until it's fully cool, else you'll lose some of that sweet potency.
Buds should look pretty brown if they're fully decarbed (all the thc-b or c turned into thc-a, or maybe vice versa?). Then just mix it with the fat (olive oil, coconut oil) of your choice. Taking spoonfuls is easy peasy, although i dont strain out the bud so it's pretty gritty swallowing it, but i dont care. It's sweet medicine for me.
There's gotta be a decarb thread or two here on the mag, this is where i learned it from.
If you're making cannabutter or oil by cooking it in a slow cooker, or making baked goods edibles, you're decarbing it anyway with the heat of the cooking so this step wouldnt be necessary.
EDIT: I think if you use tin foil as a cover some of the vapor gets deposited on it in the form of resin, so maybe using a layer of parchment paper (for baking) or something like that under the foil will prevent the vapor from sticking to the foil and losing some of the potency.

Trubisky didnt have a good rookie year but he showed potential, seemed decently accurate in the pocket and on the move. He'd sail a few throws every game, maybe that's miscommunication with the receiver or maybe he's throwing away a pass. Trying to force throws that arent there isnt a good recipe for successful qb play.
He should have a much improved receiving corps this year, although much of it depends on allen robinson recovering well from his acl tear.
I dont know if trubisky is ever going to be a star but at least he doesnt look like a bust, thats probably the most i can say about him now.
The bears play the packers week 1 this season so it should be a good test of how good or bad the bears will be. Im guessing 8-8 season at best but maybe theyll surprise me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
opening against the pack is a test, but i dont put too much into the season until at least week 4-5
anyone can loose the first game of the season and still have a good year
it usually takes a little time for most qb's to make the transition to the nfl, but trub' looks like he might have potential
this year and next will be the real test
we might try the ex bake you described, baba'! a lot of terps vaporize at those high temps, (300' + )have you ever tried a lower/ slower cook?
the mrs uses the crock pot to make her oil and we let it go slow and low, but your way sounds much faster and kind of neat
we dont strain the oil at first and will only strain if its something she wants to come out smooth
/this makes me think, why cant the candies have crumbs in it? i like the crumbs!
im glad it works for you but do you ever miss smoking?
for me part of the fun is blowing clouds, plus its easy to titrate the dosages so there is little risk of overdoing it and spending the day in a edible induced stupor
are you running any plants this season?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think a lot of decarb methods use temps at 220-250 degrees, since that's when the compounds turn into psychoactive thc, but i think it takes longer, so i go higher heat for shorter time. Gotta leave plenty of time to air it out, remove all the incriminating odors. :biggrin:
But the nice thing with the decarb method is that when you wrap it securely, hardly any smell should escape, especially if you wait to open it till it cools.
Im not sure that it ends up being weaker if i use the higher temps, i figure it's the same thing as burning weed when you're smoking it (decarbing it with the flame), it doesnt really make it weaker does it? Dont know how'd you'd smoke it otherwise...

I dont miss smoking so much, the smell it leaves in your clothes and mouth is incriminating, also im pretty lazy with keeping my pipes clean but even one or two bowls is enough to foul your bowl, and that burnt up resin tends to ruin the taste of the bud.
I do miss vaping and vaping bho, the taste was purer and that immediate high you get from inhaling... yeah, it's harder to dose properly with edibles since they don't peak for at least an hour or two.
Can you blow smoke rings? Or you just like hotboxing the room? :biggrin:

I havent grown plants in years. Part of me misses growing, even though i was never really good at it, but i dont miss the paranoia that came with it. IL has medicinal weed now but no home growing for patients, maybe that'll change in the future, although i would need a serious medical condition to get a card. Unless they relax that too. IL is so broke, like california, they should make it recreational so they can reap the tax money like CO and WA.

I think it's true that the first month of the season most teams are just settling in and arent finished products. Patriots last year had the league's worse defense during the first month, but afterwards they were significantly better. Bears, well, they were still bad but they were starting trubisky after watching glennon stumble around that first month.

Ive seen some way too early 2019 mock drafts that projected the bears having a top 5 pick. I'm hoping that's not the case, since it means they sucked again, but we'll see...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
2019 mock drafts? wow, that is a long way off
but i can see that the outlook on your bears must not be too good if they are projected to be drafting in the top 5
i def prefer to decarb with flame,my man; preferable from a nice water pipe
its funny because io dotn really think about the smell much but remember well the lengths we went to back in the day to hide the smell
the mrs like to smoke joints so we can hot box a room in no time; room, heck we stink up a whole section of the house
its funny you mentioned feeling paranoid about growing because thats one of the things i will never miss about scoring weed
even tho its "legal" here in cali, i still felt a little sketchy driving home with my score
similar to home brewing beer, tho, most people wont really grow their own on a consistent level
one day it will be legal for any adult american to grow their own but im sure there will always still be some stigma attached to weed
so whats popular in your area right now?
is there a good selection of smoke
do you think the guy you get it from grows his own or is he more a middle man?
today is cinco de mayo, its sort of a made up american holiday and more a reason to go out and drink
our plan is to pick up some mexican food and some beers then post up in the back yard
hope your weekend if starting off on the right foot baba'

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the nfl draft order is by strict worst record (ties are broken by strength of schedule, or total pts, etc) so anyone with a top 5 pick is one of the 5 worst teams. Not sure I can stand another year of suckitude, but it's only football... Besides, after a while, you can get used to even terrible things.

I'm not too plugged into the grow scene anymore, but it seems like IL was always a year or two behind Cali as far was what strains are popular. The various kushes, blue dream, strawberry diesel, super silver haze, etc I've run into before. But the recreational market in IL is still the black market, where most sellers will call their product any name that they think will make it sell. "Kush-this" or "Kush-that" are probably the most common names you'll find, or that most people care about.

I forgot about cinco de mayo, didnt really celebrate it yesterday, although i did have a pretty good burrito the day before from a local taqueria. Does that count?:biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sure does, a burrito is a great way to celebrate just about anything
thanks for ansering my questions about the local weed scene,baba'
i remember having to score off friends or even friends of a friend, todays kush was not always the same as it was yesterday
like you said, i think they are just saying any clever name that comes to mind
but as long as its dank i guess thats all that matters
coming from the midwest, i have to ask you about a guy named spenghouli, ever heard of him?
i will leave it at that for now but im interested in your reply
/more on that later
yeah a top 5 pick means the consensus is not too hot for your bears, but i think its way too early to book
i could just as easily see them turning a corner and the young gun under center to take the next step, thats the fun of the nfl
i feel you about getting used to a bad team
i sat through a lot of years of the worse football you can imagine with my former team, never once thinking i would choose someone else to root for
in some ways, i think it brought the true fans even closer together
anyone and everyone is on the bandwagon when your team is doing good, its the real fans who stick around for the loosing seasons
hope your week is off to a great start baba', its finally spring!

iTarzan

Baba the tiebreaker is for round one. Then they alternate each round.

It doesn't seem fair that some fan bases suffer way more than others. But when they finally win their elation is second to none.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, Svenghouli! I knew a guy who dressed up as him for Halloween once, like 20 years ago. He hosted some late night pbs show that would play old horror movies, and dressed up as some sort of vampire or undead character. Fun times when I was a lad, if he's still around he must be elderly by now. Maybe his character looks more like a lich than a vampire now.

Yeah, it's nice and warm finally in the chicago area. Finally feels like May.
I'm not even sure what i would do if the bears actually became a good team again. I feel like i would always be paranoid, wondering if this is some trick, and some bad injuries will make them suck again...

iTarzan, I had to look, but yeah, teams with the same record alternate draft order after the 1st round. So if 3 teams have identical records, in the first round their draft order is determined by strength of schedule, and in the second and later rounds they take turns picking first.

I guess there's not really much football to talk about till training camps open? Should we start an NFL 2018 thread now?

shithawk420

Veteran
The Svengoulie today is actually the originals son.I think he is the one who started the whole Rubber chicken thing.BERWIN!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
berwin for the win, hawk!
you must be right because the guy on the tv dosent seem that old
i love me some old horror movies and i try and catch his show every saturday night

yeah baba'
i tihnk its a vampire hes dressed as
not as sexy as elvira "mistress of the dark", but he has a solid routine
plus i love me some old black and white movies
/we pop corn and everything, but i still end up taking a pot nap about half way through the flick
its kind of low tide as far as football goes but there is still enough action to keep things interesting
/i need to get back up to speed about the new rosters
heard the new rookie LB for the bears has his car broken into and a lot of his stuff was stolen
in addition to losing his game jersey they also took a team laptop complete with playbook
i hope the device has password protection and the data was encrypted, plus its not like there will be a lot of legit buyers for a stolen nfl playbook
i guess its about time to start a new NFL thread so just give the word and we can start [posting there
hope you are having a great week,my man

iTarzan

Pop rocks when the guy reported it they did a flash wipe of the tablet. I think that is what they called it.

Baba you should start the 2018 thread.

If 3 teams tied I think they would use SOS for the 1st round. Then the 2 remaining teams would use SOS to see who got the top pick and the loser would be 1st in the 3rd round. Then they would alternate. My god what if there was a 5 team tie. What if every team finished 8-8. There would be a clusterfuck playoff tiebreaker and a big mess during the draft.

Andrew Luck was playing ping-pong. Film at 11.