What's new

Website issues 4/29?

CharlesU Farley

For me, ICM is running slow as shit today. Seems to be the only website that I'm having problems with. I did a trace route and there seems to be some packet processing delays that are definitely impacting how fast I can interact with the website.

For me, hitting the Like button takes two to three seconds to register, that's never happened before. All other sites I visit seem to be fine, it's just SCM that's the problem right now.

Totally realize it's probably all on my end, as things of these sort usually are, but just in case here's the trace route. I'm on fiber, and my current speed was 300+ mbs. Delayed processing indicated by the red marks at the bottom. Might want to communicate with the technical bit twisters responsible for the performance and optimization of the XenForo platform on your web host, and see if it's a problem affecting others besides me, up here on the focking mountain ;) :

1000011979.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

moose eater

For me, ICM is running slow as shit today. Seems to be the only website that I'm having problems with. I did a trace route and there seems to be some packet processing delays that are definitely impacting how fast I can interact with the website.

For me, hitting the Like button takes two to three seconds to register, that's never happened before. All other sites I visit seem to be fine, it's just SCM that's the problem right now.

Totally realize it's probably all on my end, as things of these sort usually are, but just in case here's the trace route. I'm on fiber, and my current speed was 300+ mbs. Delayed processing indicated by the red marks at the bottom. Might want to communicate with the technical bit twisters responsible for the performance and optimization of the XenForo platform on your web host, and see if it's a problem affecting others besides me, up here on the focking mountain ;) :

View attachment 18995296
I don't believe it's just your computer, Charles.

Mine (at times) seems to have swallowed about 4 Quaaludes when at ICMag..

*Leads to some heart-felt but ridiculous discussions with my inanimate screen. Thus far, pointing a handgun at the screen and cocking the hammer doesn't seem to improve the speed either.

CharlesU Farley

I don't believe it's just your computer, Charles.

Mine (at times) seems to have swallowed about 4 Quaaludes when at ICMag..

*Leads to some heart-felt but ridiculous discussions with my inanimate screen. Thus far, pointing a handgun at the screen and cocking the hammer doesn't seem to improve the speed either.
Story I'm going to relate it's totally true.

When Windows first came out, to start it you had to type win at the c promp to get Windows started. I've been always technically inclined but my wife Harley is not. She was having trouble getting Windows to start up. Frustrated, she just left the room but I knew there was a problem.

Now, and those days the computer used to be in my son's room, because he ran a BBS and was very into technical stuff. Next thing I know I hear cackling coming from my son's bedroom. I go in and ask him what's going on, and he's laughing so hard he's almost crying and he just pointed at the screen.

Next to the c prompt was typed in, "give me my focking Windows!!!!!!"

If she had thought of pointing a gun at the screen, she probably would have done it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'd like to know how many of us experience the very slow loading pages and pictures, I have a very recent PC and a decent connection so I knew it's not a problem with my hardware.
Is there different speed of loading for the different type of users, maybe those who pay via Patron don't experience speed problems?

moose eater

I'd like to know how many of us experience the very slow loading pages and pictures, I have a very recent PC and a decent connection so I knew it's not a problem with my hardware.
Is there different speed of loading for the different type of users, maybe those who pay via Patron don't experience speed problems?
Don't know about that.

I've suspected the amount of traffic might be one culprit.

CharlesU Farley

I recently upgraded from 6 mbs DSL to 300+ mbs Fiber and I'm really surprised that not all of the problems were caused by my previous, slow ass connection. o_O

That's probably why I'm a whole lot more sensitive to speed issues now, because I've got a very fast, reliable connection for the first time in the 40+ years I've been accessing the Internet.

I know the day I posted the trace route, there were _definitely_ network related issues between my location and the server location in the US where I get ICM from.

PadawanWarrior

Story I'm going to relate it's totally true.

When Windows first came out, to start it you had to type win at the c promp to get Windows started. I've been always technically inclined but my wife Harley is not. She was having trouble getting Windows to start up. Frustrated, she just left the room but I knew there was a problem.

Now, and those days the computer used to be in my son's room, because he ran a BBS and was very into technical stuff. Next thing I know I hear cackling coming from my son's bedroom. I go in and ask him what's going on, and he's laughing so hard he's almost crying and he just pointed at the screen.

Next to the c prompt was typed in, "give me my fucking Windows!!!!!!"

If she had thought of pointing a gun at the screen, she probably would have done it! :)
I remember DOS and the first Windows programs. The early Windows sucked for me. Every time I'd defrag like it asked it would mess up everything. I also had a BBS back when I was like 12. My parents got me a separate line for it. I'd be at school and people would be uploading games so when I'd get home I'd always have new games. I had hundreds for the C64. After the C64 is when I got a IBM compatible and learned DOS.

Corsaire

Veteran
Very slow here too, I hope it will be solved soon :)

Hasch

learning and laughing
Same here (Germany) for the last 3 days long delays loading anything Icmag and only Icmag.

For the last 4 weeks abouts: in the mornings it took longer than usual to process the likes / laughter etc

Is this now the new way things are gonna be?

Or is this fixable?