What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Go COLTS!!!
gettyimages-8545766181.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Honestly, if the nfl really wanted to nip this in the bud they'd have teams go back to the locker rooms after warm up and not come back out till after the anthem. I think up until 2011 thats what they did, you didnt even see teams during the anthem. Now we get a pre-game kneeling report every game. Blame the media for publicizing it so, i guess. left wing, biased media? or is it right wing, biased media? i get the two mixed up sometimes, they both seem to favor yelling over reasoning...

I dont think stuff that happens during pre game has anything to do with a football player's actual job, per se, as far as occurring on the field. But i agree that instead of just kneeling they should put effort or resources into creating more equal treatment under the law. That would probably have the added benefit of treating all people in lower socio-economic standing better, not just one or two ethnic groups.

A good game tonite between 2 probable playoff teams, saints and falcons. Im starting freeman in one league tonite, dont feel good about it, thursday games tend to have weird results. The over/under is 52 so people predict high scoring but i wouldnt be surprised if it ends up less than 25 pts combined.

iTarzan

Oh fuck off, angry old man. You're obsolete.

However, still in control. LOL!

Jellyfish is getting all jealous again of retired or near retired guys who already made it and have all the time in the world to chill. Everybody gets basically the same time on earth if you die of old age. What comes around goes around Jellyfish. Your old age is just around the corner.

Here let this short circuit your mind hater. I voted for Bernie but was happy Trump beat Clinton. I am old and white, love people of all color and don't care if the players kneel. I don't care what they do. Most of the fans in the stands didn't even pay attention to the anthem.

They should stop playing the anthem before games. They started it during WWII. It is a sporting event. It doesn't deserve the anthem being played like it some special event.

Hell the players don't even care about their fellow players. If they did they would stop the BS cheap shots and start tackling people again.

I am sick to death of the military worship too. Give it a fucking rest. You are not special just because you served. Many people didn't join the service and still were instrumental in the success of war efforts.

You are not a hero just because you served. You are not a hero because you are in the NFL. It is insulting to real heroes.

And Jellyfish do yourself a favor and stop the baby talk.

One last thing Jelly....

TRUMP WON! Deal with it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
We are all dealing with it every day. And, by the way, I never once mentioned Trump on this thread. Oh, and you and Stewie are making all kinds of assumptions about me, based on what? You don't even have a pic of me. So that kinda proves that you guys are the easily triggered babies, dontcha think? I do!

iTarzan

I didn't make any assumptions based on what you look like. At least I don't know what it was.

The whole NFL thing is mostly about Trump.

I shouldn't have come into this thread again. At least not to argue. I liked it better when we got along as fellow Colt fans. All the election crap drove a wedge between us. We should still be able to get along Jellyfish.

How about we give it another go? Start the New Year on the path to getting along again. I am sorry I lost you as an ICmag friend. We can agree to disagree on a few things but we are very much the same type of people. We really are. I am older and you are younger but we both want the world to live in harmony and be kind to all people.

Peace! Cease fire! Cyber joint smoking session... puff, puff, pass....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I didn't make any assumptions based on what you look like. At least I don't know what it was.

The whole NFL thing is mostly about Trump.

I shouldn't have come into this thread again. At least not to argue. I liked it better when we got along as fellow Colt fans. All the election crap drove a wedge between us. We should still be able to get along Jellyfish.

How about we give it another go? Start the New Year on the path to getting along again. I am sorry I lost you as an ICmag friend. We can agree to disagree on a few things but we are very much the same type of people. We really are. I am older and you are younger but we both want the world to live in harmony and be kind to all people.

Peace! Cease fire! Cyber joint smoking session... puff, puff, pass....

I'm okay with getting along, but just remember- you're the one who started the name-calling with me, accusing me of baby talk.

I liked it better when we got along too, but SOME people on this thread get triggered so easily, and then they start talking shit.

Which is ridiculous because none of us can punch the other one in the nose which is apparently what SOME people would like to do.

Me and you are cool ITarzan, and thanks for reaching out in your last post. I really appreciate it. Peace! puff puff pass...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
well played fellas'
/seems like there is some history between you two and im glad you are both big enough to shake hands
//fires up joint and passes it around

a big weekend for the afc west
with the standings so tight and only a few weeks left in the season every game is a must win
plus there are a lot of head to head match up scheduled, starting with the chiefs v the raiders this sunday
then next week the chiefs play the red hot chargers
these last few weeks will decide who is the best in the west and hopefully it will come down to the last few games
(week 17: raiders v la chargers/ kc v denver)
another big game im looking foreward to this weekend will be the rams v the eagles!
both teams are playing solid football right now and this could very well be a playoff game preview

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Cool Jellyfish.

Now we can wait for Luck's return and possibly a top 5 draft pick.

Or, would it be better for the colts to use that top draft pick on one of Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield, and then trade Luck to another team for a bounty of players and draft picks? Maybe the broncos, following tradition (although they didnt get any picks for peyton).
I mean, you never want to trade away an elite qb, but it would be a good move if it turns out luck's shoulder doesnt fully recover.

Lot of divisional matchups this last month of the season, so definitely some important games, Pop. Also vikings vs panthers and hawks vs jags are games between probable playoff teams today, should be interesting.

Saints lost a close one to the falcons last thursday but are still first in their division. They play again in a couple weeks though. Alvin kamara got concussed early on and the saints offense couldnt get on track even after their defense intercepted matt ryan 3 times. Give credit to the atlanta defense though, they're not half bad.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that was a great game (saints v falcons), baba'
both defenses showed up to play and julio jones had one of the best run down in the game after the falcons were picked off.
/the man can ball
i agree baba', i would look to deal luck
/it would be tough because he is the face of that franchise, but i see the turn around taking several seasons and more than a single key player is needed
i like the vikings going into the last few weeks of the season, how wild would it be if they could make it to the super bowl and play in front of a home crowd?
/how often does that happen in the nfl?

enjoy the games!

EvergreenState

A nice benefit of living on the west coast of the usa is that the pregame shows start at 9am. It gives me a good excuse to drink beer in the morning.:dance013: And smoke some Chem Dawg

EvergreenState

Games of the day. Vikings/Panthers, ( I think the Vikings might be the best team in the league), Ravens/ Steelers always a slugfest.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that looks like the start to a great sunday, brother!
/widmer makes a good hefeweizen and i like their variety packs

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I would just like everyone to see what kind of a man stewart169 is. I called him a sissy and THIS is what he posted in my rep section.

So if anybody thinks I'm being too rough on the little piece of shit that goes by the name stewart169, I have a good reason.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Dez is a maddening player. He can look terrible and he drops crucial passes. Then he makes an absolutely brilliant player and you love the guy. That last catch, where he threw that defender off of him, WOW!
I knew this Giants/ Cowboys game would be intense. I lived outside of Philly for 25 years and became a huge Eagles fan; so I know this division well. These games are always great games and extremely intense. Love it.